Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

netskier

Reaction score
Did Pete demonstrate at USC that he knew how to use a right end effectively? I.e., is this a Bevell problem or a Pete problem?

original poster

Reaction score
netskier":2emnssid said:
Did Pete demonstrate at USC that he knew how to use a right end effectively? I.e., is this a Bevell problem or a Pete problem?

Not sure if you're serious? Does a head coach in the National Football League know how to use a tight end?

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1nhkj5a4 said:
ImTheScientist":1nhkj5a4 said:
kearly":1nhkj5a4 said:
I think Graham is a bully type. He talks big and he will beat people up, but if he gets punched in the nose, he runs away squealing. It's not hard to see why the Hawks D disrespects a guy like that. A bit of a fake tough guy.

That said, there are only a small number of teams in the NFL that can expose this side of Graham. And the worst of them was just removed as a threat.

You obviously don't know much about Graham and how he grew up. Questioning his toughness is the last thing you should do.

You mean the story about how he got beat up bullies and nobody wanted him as a kid? That's supposed to make him tough? Well, it doesn't usually work that way and it didn't for Graham. Maybe it worked that way for you.

You should probably read more of my posts. Very few here have been more positive about this trade or Graham than me. But is he finnesse? Is he a shit talker that doesn't always back it up? Obviously. Watch football. He is definitely a fake tough guy. Don't believe me, ask our defense what they think. I am only stating the obvious.

But I don't really care all that much about it, he's going to help our offense a ton, and I've said like 80 times now that I LOVE the trade. The lack of want-to and the business decisions he makes are not something I expect to matter much.

I also think that he's the kind of guy opponents hate but teammates love. Kind of like Richard Sherman.

Kearly you're better than this. You and I both know anyone taking the hits he takes every game, isn't a fake tough guy. Maybe he isnt Kam, but the kid takes a beating every week and still produces. Outside of Corners and WR, you have to be a tough guy to withstand the NFL. Granted there are diffrent degrees of tough guys, but I'd guess a lot of people calling him a fake tough guy, would be double over if they took a hit from a OLB at the line of scrimmage before even running the route and getting hit by two or three more guys.

Daytomann

Reaction score
Pretty good move, Unger loss isn't that big a deal, but it doesn't even scratch the surface in redeeming the worse play call in NFL history. That tarnish will endure.
That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what this guy does here. But don't expect the same production. He will produce but not at the level he did in N.O.