Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1bvotdhr said:
And Graham has missed all of 2 games his entire career. Doesn't sound "soft" to me.
Apparently if you are not already a member of the Hawks, you are automatically a soft player

HawkFan72

Reaction score
12thbrah":nttb33kc said:
Unger was out for most of the 2nd half of last season and the Hawks did just fine if I remember correctly. Hawks must have really liked what they saw last year with Patrick Lewis.

I read a tweet earlier that said the Hawks went 6-0 when Unger was out.

Hawkintent

Reaction score
I personally don't like Graham but I think he helps this team tremendously. Makes our Superbowl favorite window realistic for another 3 years.

Also I think he will toughen up with this team and have to compete like crazy with LOB trash talking him daily.

OL generally get all their accolades after they deserve it and continue to get it when they might not deserve it. I think that is the case with Unger. While still very good, his arrow was definitely pointing down.

so for more O vs D competition get crabtree???? (maybe sarcasm ... not sure)

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I think Unger is a "good" center but the difference between him and say the 15th best C or so isn't so dramatic as Willson to Graham is. Graham is arguably 1-3, no less than that.

marko358

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1wq224u3 said:
Every fanbase would kill to get Graham? Exaggerate much?

I don't hate the trade, but those who do already have a good explanation: the hawks don't know how to use TEs.

The hawks pretty much only use TEs to block, even if they have playmaking ability. Blocking is one of Graham's weaker traits.

So which is more likely, that the Seahawks suddenly do a 180 and completely change how they use TEs, or that Graham will be wasted? Answer: that graham will be wasted.

Only reason im not mad is because Schneider sucks at drafting in the 1st round so at least we get Graham in his prime. But in order for this trade to benefit us the Hawks will have to change how they use TEs.

This isn't some interchangeable no-namer we're replacing at the TE position. It's Jimmy Freaking Graham! If you think they're not going to tailor the offense to take advantage of his skill set then I don't know what to tell you.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
12th_Bob":2nv8cmuu said:
I think Unger is a "good" center but the difference between him and say the 15th best C or so isn't so dramatic as Willson to Graham is. Graham is arguably 1-3, no less than that.

Yup.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/575420793254899712[/tweet]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2vtlvycy said:
SoulfishHawk":2vtlvycy said:
And Graham has missed all of 2 games his entire career. Doesn't sound "soft" to me.
Apparently if you are not already a member of the Hawks, you are automatically a soft player
It's so weird that fans would parrot an opinion expressed by MULTIPLE Seattle defenders. So weird.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1a2au0as said:
Pete always wanted to utilized the TE as a set. It never came to fruition since our TE situation always seems to get a snagged each year. You saw we compensated some of the O-line issues when we got the ball out quicker. I see that happening to open up our passing game with screens this year.

And really the options are open.

Maybe you ask Graham to play at 240-250 instead of 265 to max out his speed and be more WR than TE.

The guy posted a 4.56 40 with a 1.58 10 yard split at 259 pounds with a 38.5 Vert and a 10 ft Broad. Can you imagine if he was 10-20 pounds lighter.

The guy is 6-7 with 35 inch arms and 10 5/8 in hands. He might have the biggest wing-span in the NFL out of all WRs and TEs.

You then you ask Luke Willson to beef up to 265-270 and have him work this off-season to build up his strength and blocking. Willson probably still could flash 4.65-4.75 at 265-270.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Scottemojo":zm5ifvjd said:
Hawkfan77":zm5ifvjd said:
SoulfishHawk":zm5ifvjd said:
It's so weird that fans would parrot an opinion expressed by MULTIPLE Seattle defenders. So weird.
So so weird, completely agree

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
marko358":3885rc5e said:
bjornanderson21":3885rc5e said:
Every fanbase would kill to get Graham? Exaggerate much?

I don't hate the trade, but those who do already have a good explanation: the hawks don't know how to use TEs.

The hawks pretty much only use TEs to block, even if they have playmaking ability. Blocking is one of Graham's weaker traits.

So which is more likely, that the Seahawks suddenly do a 180 and completely change how they use TEs, or that Graham will be wasted? Answer: that graham will be wasted.

Only reason im not mad is because Schneider sucks at drafting in the 1st round so at least we get Graham in his prime. But in order for this trade to benefit us the Hawks will have to change how they use TEs.

This isn't some interchangeable no-namer we're replacing at the TE position. It's Jimmy Freaking Graham! If you think they're not going to tailor the offense to take advantage of his skill set then I don't know what to tell you.
Facts say he's likely the 2nd best TE in the league currently by a sliver in his prime and on the cheap.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
themunn":3l446prn said:
volsunghawk":3l446prn said:
Seahawk Sailor":3l446prn said:
Hmm. A Pro Bowl center and a first round pick for this guy and a fourth? What's not to love?

Taj2fN

On the flipside, any of Graham's last 4 seasons production-wise would be the best season for a TE in Seahawks history by pretty much any measure.

They'd also be the best season for a Seahawks WR since Engram in 2007

The same could be said for 30 other teams not named Seahawks or Saints. Our TE/WR production hasn't been anything to write home about for quite some time.

But hey, trading a first round pick for a great receiver who may be a locker room liability could work... I mean, we're due for it to work, aren't we?

chawx

Reaction score
jimmy-graham-stiff-arm-against-minnesota-b.gif

:3:

FargoHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1grx1k13 said:
My concern is that we don't really know how to use a TE in the first place. Maybe his height would help Russ in the pocket, but beyond that I'm not confident after seeing Zach Miller go from a 60 catch TE to a 33 catch TE after getting here with Bevell at the helm.

Disagree. Look at what Visanthe Shiancoe did in MN when Bevell was OC and Favre was QB.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Really excited about the trade and have high hopes but also very anxious. Big name offensive weapons have come here before and died and Seattle's offensive line is now going through another major overhaul. Another high risk move by this front office and I lean more to the worried side than the confident and happy side.

I wonder if Pete will consider moving on from Bevell if yet another receiving weapon peters out in our offense. Either way, let's see what Cable's plan is for this now depleted offensive line. I think the way that is handled will really decide the value of this trade.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
chawx":sp6ow8jn said:

Lynch and Graham need to have the ball on every play. Not every other play... they need to literally pass the ball to each other.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I hope we find a serviceable WR to at least draw some coverage away from Graham and Lynch. Obviously, we don't need a Megatron but we still need someone better than who we have. There are a few WR in FA that could fit the bill but I'm not sure if we have the $$$.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Yxes1122":2fggcr9t said:
Really excited about the trade and have high hopes but also very anxious. Big name offensive weapons have come here before and died and Seattle's offensive line is now going through another major overhaul. Another high risk move by this front office and I lean more to the worried side than the confident and happy side.

I wonder if Pete will consider moving on from Bevell if yet another receiving weapon peters out in our offense. Either way, let's see what Cable's plan is for this now depleted offensive line. I think the way that is handled will really decide the value of this trade.

It's because we get the big names that aren't even top 10 in their positions, now we have a TE that's 2nd-3rd best in the League.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Northhawk":1kcaemik said:
I hope we find a serviceable WR to at least draw some coverage away from Graham and Lynch. Obviously, we don't need a Megatron but we still need someone better than who we have. There are a few WR in FA that could fit the bill but I'm not sure if we have the $$$.

Mr mediocre maybe?