Max Kellerman - "Sherm right about crabs thats why it hurts"

HawkWow

Reaction score
nsport":2thcwxm3 said:
Crabtree reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson. Big mismatch, but really actually quite slow and deliberate with his actions. No question he can catch the ball... Because of his size and catching ability, he is an excellent target and will get his numbers. Sherman is just a bad matchup for him - most teams don't have a Sherman (or a Maxwell, or an ...insert LOB member here...)

Totally, though Johnson was a bit more physical, more imposing (if not plain brutal), perhaps more Irvin than Crabtree. But that doesn't diminish your great points about Crabs and Sherman. Another thing to consider, we are probably seeing the best of Crabtree right now. Sherman is only going to get better.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1k8spdw8 said:
Crabtree is a legit low-end #1. Awesome body control with great hands, in a lot of ways he's a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald. It killed me when we passed on him in 2009. I also think Crabtree is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in fantasy drafts next summer. Book him right now for 1100+ yards and 8+ TDs, for a guy that will probably go 5th round or later.

But yeah, he's not the kind of WR that's going to give a guy like Richard Sherman any trouble. Guys that rely on fade routes and sideline catches like Crabtree are going to be especially easy for Sherman to defend. Sherman acts mad that they had the nerve to target him on the fade at the end of the game, but in reality he wishes they had done so far more often. If Sherman was challenged the way a normal corner would be, he'd have so many interceptions that he'd likely go down as the greatest corner to ever play the game.
Nailed it.

strohmin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3bqdqqsb said:
kearly":3bqdqqsb said:
Crabtree is a legit low-end #1. Awesome body control with great hands, in a lot of ways he's a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald. It killed me when we passed on him in 2009. I also think Crabtree is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in fantasy drafts next summer. Book him right now for 1100+ yards and 8+ TDs, for a guy that will probably go 5th round or later.

But yeah, he's not the kind of WR that's going to give a guy like Richard Sherman any trouble. Guys that rely on fade routes and sideline catches like Crabtree are going to be especially easy for Sherman to defend. Sherman acts mad that they had the nerve to target him on the fade at the end of the game, but in reality he wishes they had done so far more often. If Sherman was challenged the way a normal corner would be, he'd have so many interceptions that he'd likely go down as the greatest corner to ever play the game.
Nailed it.

I think the reason sherman was so pissed that they would test him was that he knew that Harb, Kaep and Crabtree probably planned that play jsut to end the game trying to embarrass sherm so they could stick it to him and he was having none of that which is why I am fine with the way he put crabtree in his place during the interview.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Love Shermy and wear his jersey PROUD. A 3.8 at Stanford, can you claim that? And yeah, he shot his mouth off. You gonna sit there [and you are right now at yer computer] and LIE to me that any of YOU have halos above your flattened fauna heads for never mouthing off?
No way, I get sooo tired of bland, complacent, droned, monatone reporting and so when Sherm
vocalized a little too loud for you PC shocked listeners, well tooooo bad.
What we have is a "Prozac Mentality" ya know keep it smooth, cool, not above a 10 pt. decible. just keep it sweet and simple and if you raise your voice ~ you're a horrible UNPC person.
Get a life, or I'll slap the taste right out-a your mouth.

LOVE MY BRO, RICHARD SHERMAN. And you wanna ridicule his race / color and again, I'll slap the taste out-a yo mouth! There was such racial CRAP out there. He's a human being and WE NEED TO JUDGE HIM BY THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER AND NOT THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN.
What's YOUR color ~~~~~ GREEN WITH ENVY????

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":3gih1k14 said:

Nailed it.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Wenhawk":wp7t36a6 said:
I wonder what Sherman thinks of our WR's? I think Crabtree is a better WR than both Tate and Baldwin. I think Tate and Baldwin fit our team better but Crabtree is more talented and has had better production.

Sherman actually talked a lot about our own wide receivers in his post-game press conference, so you can hear for yourself what he thinks of them.
Starts at the 3:40 mark.
Richard Sherman NFC Championship Press Conference

HawkWow

Reaction score
bowzerbird":39a7a5ma said:
Love Shermy and wear his jersey PROUD. A 3.8 at Stanford, can you claim that? And yeah, he shot his mouth off. You gonna sit there [and you are right now at yer computer] and LIE to me that any of YOU have halos above your flattened fauna heads for never mouthing off?
No way, I get sooo tired of bland, complacent, droned, monatone reporting and so when Sherm
What we have is a "Prozac Mentality" ya know keep it smooth, cool, not above a 10 pt. decible. just keep it sweet and simple and if you raise your voice ~ you're a horrible UNPC person.

LOVE MY BRO, RICHARD SHERMAN. And you wanna ridicule his race / color and again, I'll slap the taste out-a yo mouth! There was such racial CRAP out there. He's a human being and WE NEED TO JUDGE HIM BY THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER AND NOT THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN.

Frikin' hilarious!! Never change, girlfriend!

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
bowzerbird":358rye3t said:

Uh..Maybe you should say people should just lighten up. ... cause judging a man by his character while we're talking about him throwing choke signs at the qb who had no documented beef with him is not high character. I don't think Sherm even knows how to get to the high road. Never the less I'm entertained so not mad.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Tumblr mzjy6dcODt1r077wko1 500

Add on the 4 for 52, with a 13 yard average. The numbers don't lie and neither was Richard Sherman.

Seattle owns this dude, Vernon, and the dud throwing to them.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I honestly don't think he is right. I think Crabtree is a very good WR. He's a prima dona, a whiner, and a little B***ch but he actually has got some good game.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Stats always mean everything. ...

As long as we're not talking about our own wrs.

morgulon1

Reaction score
HawkWow":1veg4ffm said:
I'm no fan, but I wish he was our mediocre receiver. Crabs has some unbelievable hands and his route running is very good. He appears to have grown up a bit and is a threat when on the field. Don't mind the "mediocre" talk of Sherman's, but I think he's off base. Kellerman? I'm a fan (and know Max) but he should stick with boxing. His knowledge of football is mediocre.

He definitely is one of the best young boxing experts. I like the way he actually gets exited when talking about particular
boxers or matchups. Ive liked him for awhile.

sutz

Reaction score
Crabs reminds me of so many players who do well in college against inferior talent, but have problems once drafted against real defensive players.

Oh, and "our" WRs play in a system that does not promote/inflate WR numbers. I don't really care about stat comparisons with guys on other teams. Our guys get it done when called on. That's good enough for me. The idea of Crabs playing for Pete kind of gives me the giggles. I suspect he'd go the route of TO, etc.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Man, hate harping on this but we all need to defend our Bro, Shermz.
Was watching Hannity [haNASTY ~ have to watch that SFB just to keep abreast of his stupidity & neurosis] and damn if he had to take out of context Shermz statements at the news conference and say he used the "Race Card." You know, the explanation of the acceptance of using the "Thug" word instead of the "N" word. [It was the latest news conference]

THAT "WHITE" BOY DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT [and I'm white but my soul is Black].
That couch potato knows nothing about the excitement of the game of football FROM THE PLAYERS POINT OF VIEW. He can rant & rave about Shermz statements and think its vulgar & w/o taste and sits on his tub o' lard ass and criticizes a professional football player for over zealousness. [BTW] Says he's going to the Super Bowl [and of course rooting for Manning & the Bronc's] and I hope anyone throws tomatoes at him. Better yet, some of the Broncho's "road apples" at him. Splat! :th2thumbs:

Read a wonderful article in the Times today and will take some of it out of context to show what kind of [GREATNESS] person Richard Sherman really is:
"Oh, Sherman seemed genuinely regretful that The Interview Heard ’Round The World detracted from the performance of his teammates in Sunday’s NFC title game victory over the 49ers. But in an eloquent dissection of the mindset that led to his tirade against 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree, Sherman also made it clear that he can’t change the essence of who he is.
And the essence of Sherman includes the sensibilities of both Compton and Stanford, synthesized into the on the edge, adrenaline fueled fury that drives him each and every Sunday."

Ya know what we should do to idiots like haNASTY? Remember the movie, "The Twilight Zone"

z6bd.jpg

Now that would truly shut that douchebag up. Makes me want to puke: :pukeface:​

What kind of society have we [not me] created where someone can't get excited, can't speak their mind, can't tell you you're ugly and yo Mama dresses you funny?

Well too bad, floxum shnooze, I JUST DID AND AM SOOO DAYAM PROUD. Anybody out there wanna give me an AMEN!!

Go for it Shermz, give 'em hell, tell it like it is and we will be behind you ALL THE WAY. We're in yer corner, Bro.

ceej22

Reaction score
Scottemojo":20fxt4ge said:
I think it's pretty dumb that Hawk fans would call Crabtree mediocre just because a Seattle player does. Who was the last 1000 yard Seattle receiver? Yeah, thought so.

Crabtree is not fast, but he plays with good body control and knows how to get open without quick twitch. He has stellar hands. Not the best ever, I'm not Harbaugh, but pretty damn good.

Does he benefit from a QB who doesn't want to target anyone else? Sure. But even with Alex he did damn good. I don't know if his career arc will be a long one, he has foot issues twice and now an Achilles.

But Mediocre? That is Sherman's beef, not mine.

Maybe that's more a reflection of our QB and not our WRs......

Why don't we pass a lot? I know part of it is Carroll's philosophy but believe me if we had Manning he'd be throwing 30+ times a game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bowzerbird":l4srh9n6 said:
Man, hate harping on this but we all need to defend our Bro, Shermz.
Was watching Hannity [haNASTY ~ have to watch that SFB just to keep abreast of his stupidity & neurosis] and damn if he had to take out of context Shermz statements at the news conference and say he used the "Race Card." You know, the explanation of the acceptance of using the "Thug" word instead of the "N" word. [It was the latest news conference]

THAT "WHITE" BOY DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT [and I'm white but my soul is Black].
That couch potato knows nothing about the excitement of the game of football FROM THE PLAYERS POINT OF VIEW. He can rant & rave about Shermz statements and think its vulgar & w/o taste and sits on his tub o' lard ass and criticizes a professional football player for over zealousness. [BTW] Says he's going to the Super Bowl [and of course rooting for Manning & the Bronc's] and I hope anyone throws tomatoes at him. Better yet, some of the Broncho's "road apples" at him. Splat! :th2thumbs:

Read a wonderful article in the Times today and will take some of it out of context to show what kind of [GREATNESS] person Richard Sherman really is:
"Oh, Sherman seemed genuinely regretful that The Interview Heard ’Round The World detracted from the performance of his teammates in Sunday’s NFC title game victory over the 49ers. But in an eloquent dissection of the mindset that led to his tirade against 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree, Sherman also made it clear that he can’t change the essence of who he is.
And the essence of Sherman includes the sensibilities of both Compton and Stanford, synthesized into the on the edge, adrenaline fueled fury that drives him each and every Sunday."

Ya know what we should do to idiots like haNASTY? Remember the movie, "The Twilight Zone"

z6bd.jpg

Now that would truly shut that douchebag up. Makes me want to puke: :pukeface:​

What kind of society have we [not me] created where someone can't get excited, can't speak their mind, can't tell you you're ugly and yo Mama dresses you funny?

Well too bad, floxum shnooze, I JUST DID AND AM SOOO DAYAM PROUD. Anybody out there wanna give me an AMEN!!

Go for it Shermz, give 'em hell, tell it like it is and we will be behind you ALL THE WAY. We're in yer corner, Bro.
Amen.:)

Latest posts