Max Kellerman - "Sherm right about crabs thats why it hurts"

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Don't want no craptree on my field. Baldwin runs better routes and catches a higher percentage. Tate has better yac and broken tackles. Both have proven more clutch catches with fewer opportunities IMO. Both make much less $$. I'll fantasize about a new rookie before I dream of a Niner.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would say that Crabtree is very much an above average NFL WR. Still wanted him the year we took Curry.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say he's better than all but one, maybe two of our WRs.

Then again, his QB only throws to two targets a game. Must mean he's pretty good because I'm certain we're not the only ones that have figured that out.

razor150

Reaction score
Meh. Crabtree has one okay year and he is suddenly a tier below elite? Okay... Up until then I thought he was supposed to be a bust like Curry. I think people have been blinded by all the talent he is supposed to have and once they saw an inkling of it they started overrating him. He may be no bum but I think it is a stretch to call him anything other than average. He will keep no defense awake at night trying to scheme for him.

Considering how mediocre our receivers are I guess I can see how average would seem like an upgrade.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":u239j1fr said:
Don't want no craptree on my field. Baldwin runs better routes and catches a higher percentage. Tate has better yac and broken tackles. Both have proven more clutch catches with fewer opportunities IMO. Both make much less $$. I'll fantasize about a new rookie before I dream of a Niner.

RW doesnt force a lot of passes, he doesnt like to throw in tight windows...that doesnt mean our wr's catches arnt contested but it does count for something as far as our guys catch %, and the fewer catch opportunities is a rather petty argument, i dont get why so many people on here think thats indicative that it would translates to better stats. look at baseball, theres a lot of players that start out the season batting 500...does that mean theyre going to bat .500 at the end of the season after 500 more at bats? (the answer is no).

but its the only argument we have to back up our wrs, so i get it. personality/money aside, i dont agree with anyone saying they wouldnt trade anyone not named percy for crabtree.

with that being said, i have no issue with what sherm said, im just glad hes not running our team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think it's pretty dumb that Hawk fans would call Crabtree mediocre just because a Seattle player does. Who was the last 1000 yard Seattle receiver? Yeah, thought so.

Crabtree is not fast, but he plays with good body control and knows how to get open without quick twitch. He has stellar hands. Not the best ever, I'm not Harbaugh, but pretty damn good.

Does he benefit from a QB who doesn't want to target anyone else? Sure. But even with Alex he did damn good. I don't know if his career arc will be a long one, he has foot issues twice and now an Achilles.

But Mediocre? That is Sherman's beef, not mine.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":3p2fcx7b said:
Russ Willstrong":3p2fcx7b said:

RW doesnt force a lot of passes, he doesnt like to throw in tight windows...that doesnt mean our wr's catches arnt contested but it does count for something as far as our guys catch %, and the fewer catch opportunities is a rather petty argument, i dont get why so many people on here think thats indicative that it would translates to better stats. look at baseball, theres a lot of players that start out the season batting 500...does that mean theyre going to bat .500 at the end of the season after 500 more at bats? (the answer is no).

but its the only argument we have to back up our wrs, so i get it. personality/money aside, i dont agree with anyone saying they wouldnt trade anyone not named percy for crabtree.

with that being said, i have no issue with what sherm said, im just glad hes not running our team.

I think there's an unwritten law that allows just one diva WR per team. So we wouldn't be allowed to trade Baldy, Kearse or Tate for Crabs, anyway.

Plus, SF is synonymous with Crabs (and VD). Let's not deprive them of that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sherman agrees that Crabtree is not mediocre

He said Crabtree is NOT EVEN mediocre :)

For those that say Sherman easily defends him. Did you watch that play? Sherman made a fantastic play - we all know that is never called as OPI. Sherman also called it BS holding call which is wrong. So can't really trust him :d

mrblitz

Reaction score
another thing crabtree does is block. he's a gamer.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Great observation Mike. Sherm is the man but he's half full of shit, too. That stunt he pulled with Harbaugh last year showed us what he's capable of. Running past Harbaugh, slapping him on the ass while saying "good game coach" then makes a big show, bringing it to the press, because Harbaugh "didn't congratulate (him) back". Adolescent. I've hated Harbaugh since the Bears, but if anyone "lacked class", it was our boy, that time.

I love Sherman the player and the person, but I also have a hard time believing Crabtree, whom by all accounts is a bit of a sissy, started a fight with Sherm in Zona (at a charity event?). I think Sherman and his brother sit around planning publicity stunts. I think this whole thing was because earlier in the week, Crabs said he wasn't the best CB in the league. Sherman doesn't do well with what he perceives as disrespect...but hey, if it keeps him playing at this level.... YOU SUCK SHERM. YOU WASTE OF A 5TH ROUND PICK. MANNING WILL OWN YOU!

Let's hope he, or his brother, reads this forum.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I wonder what Sherman thinks of our WR's? I think Crabtree is a better WR than both Tate and Baldwin. I think Tate and Baldwin fit our team better but Crabtree is more talented and has had better production.

nsport

Reaction score
Crabtree reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson. Big mismatch, but really actually quite slow and deliberate with his actions. No question he can catch the ball... Because of his size and catching ability, he is an excellent target and will get his numbers. Sherman is just a bad matchup for him - most teams don't have a Sherman (or a Maxwell, or an ...insert LOB member here...)

seahawk2k

Reaction score
He's a good player, but as was said earlier, he's the perfect receiver for Sherman to shut down. To Sherman, of course he's mediocre, because he can't get open against him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wenhawk":296w29sg said:
I wonder what Sherman thinks of our WR's? I think Crabtree is a better WR than both Tate and Baldwin. I think Tate and Baldwin fit our team better but Crabtree is more talented and has had better production.

Great post. They're better because of him. Tate and Kearse weren't worth a damn before Sherman (and Wilson). Baldwin has always been pretty consistent, IMO, but he rode with Sherm at the Tree, too.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":qj8fpiv6 said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":qj8fpiv6 said:
Russ Willstrong":qj8fpiv6 said:

Plus, SF is synonymous with Crabs (and VD). Let's not deprive them of that.

And Dixon Cox

Latest posts