Max Kellerman on Seahawks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h0r85twg said:
pittpnthrs":h0r85twg said:
Sgt. Largent":h0r85twg said:
pittpnthrs":h0r85twg said:
You are even admitting that its on Pete since 2015 so not sure why we are having this argument. Yes, Pete built a roster and won a Super Bowl, but since then, Wilson has been carrying this team. Again, Pete won one Super Bowl (with a loaded roster) so fans give him an automatic pass. Well its been 7 years now. How many more years of early playoff exits do you need before admitting Carroll might not be that genius head coach you think he is?

How much longer am I willing to wait? I'm willing to wait to see if the combo of Pete, John and Russell can get back to another SB, and I think we're on the right track.

The draft and player acquisition has been much better the past 2-3 years, and the Waldron hiring is a signal that Pete knows he needs to change his offensive philosophies. All good signs.

Now if after the next 2-3 years Russell's gone and the marriage of Pete and John sour and break up? Then I'm with you, it's time for a change.

I hear you and thats all great. I just dont agree with any of it. Waldron is an unknown and will be the 4th OC under Pete (the other 3 didnt leave for brighter pastures, they were all fired) and people feel he's going to be some kind of savior for some reason. Its common knowledge that at some point in the season, after Russ throws a couple picks in a game like every NFL QB in the league, Petes going to revert the offense back to 'Pete Ball' nullifying any changes made, thus I dont feel Waldron is going to be the huge factor everybody feels he will be. Plus he's a protege of McVay who coaches a conference rival. Hard to think that McVay wont recognize or know everything Waldrons trying to do. Students dont usually beat the teachers.

I feel the time for change was 2-3 years ago., not 2-3 years to come.

I'm down for this conversation.

So who was available 2-3 years ago that if you were Jody Allen after firing Pete and John, you would have hired as your new GM/coach combo?

Also, can you tell me any coach and GM that were fired after having as much success as Pete and John making the playoffs and winning divisions? I can't think of any.

Would have loved to have gotten Shanahan, McDermott, or Vrabel to inject some new blood into the organization.

Paul Brown was fired, George Allen was fired. Jimmy Johnson got canned. Landry got the boot. Mike Shanahan was fired. Tony Dungey was let go in Tampa. Dan Reeves was fired in Atlanta. Andy Reid in Philly. Chuck Knox in Seattle. It happens more often than you think.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm not participating in the disagreement of past stats/successes/failures. However, I enjoy looking forward. Specifically, this upcoming season should have a huge impact on how the league and public see Wilson.

Wilson had success with a sub-par OL in his youth because he would regularly use his athleticism to create miracles. He's older and it's probably safe to say he's been coached away from that risk. Now, this upcoming season, after some complaints, he has the best OL he's had in a long time, maybe ever. He has the best WR duo he's ever had, maybe best in the league. He's been handed exactly what he asked for; exactly what he says has been limiting success.

If this upcoming season the team is considerably more successful, everyone has to acknowledge that he forced that improvement. Give him credit. However, if the team has a season like the 1st pre-season opener (I know, irrelevant and that he didn't even play...) then everyone, rightfully, can point to his statements as excuses as avoiding accountability.

I'm really excited to see it play out. Obviously, it won't be black-and-white. There could be some injuries and other unforeseeable circumstances. However, this season should be the fulcrum (in my opinion) to his legacy. Option 1: RW carried the team while surrounded by sub-par system/coaching/teammates for a decade. When he got everything he asked for this season, the team was amazing. Or, alternatively, he benefitted from great defense and system that didn't ask much for the majority of his career. He couldn't produce when handed all he asked for. It's a season without excuses for our QB.

Frankly, with his contract situation, this is a perfect scenario for him to paint a season we've never seen. ...or be the next Eli Manning....

John63

Reaction score
chrispy":3mspa00t said:
I'm not participating in the disagreement of past stats/successes/failures. However, I enjoy looking forward. Specifically, this upcoming season should have a huge impact on how the league and public see Wilson.

Wilson had success with a sub-par OL in his youth because he would regularly use his athleticism to create miracles. He's older and it's probably safe to say he's been coached away from that risk. Now, this upcoming season, after some complaints, he has the best OL he's had in a long time, maybe ever. He has the best WR duo he's ever had, maybe best in the league. He's been handed exactly what he asked for; exactly what he says has been limiting success.

If this upcoming season the team is considerably more successful, everyone has to acknowledge that he forced that improvement. Give him credit. However, if the team has a season like the 1st pre-season opener (I know, irrelevant and that he didn't even play...) then everyone, rightfully, can point to his statements as excuses as avoiding accountability.

I'm really excited to see it play out. Obviously, it won't be black-and-white. There could be some injuries and other unforeseeable circumstances. However, this season should be the fulcrum (in my opinion) to his legacy. Option 1: RW carried the team while surrounded by sub-par system/coaching/teammates for a decade. When he got everything he asked for this season, the team was amazing. Or, alternatively, he benefitted from great defense and system that didn't ask much for the majority of his career. He couldn't produce when handed all he asked for. It's a season without excuses for our QB.

Frankly, with his contract situation, this is a perfect scenario for him to paint a season we've never seen. ...or be the next Eli Manning....

I can agree there will be a narrative coming out of this season, but Wilson is considered a top 3-5 QB barring a complete collapse that will not change at all. the next eli manning? Last I checked elite manning never led the league in anything at any time, was never 1 of only 2 Qbs to be top 10 in tds, qb rating, ypa, Passer rating, and yards. This is an example of people not really having a full grasp of what Wilson has done here in Seattle and instead having a warped view or just forgetting. as to Wilson getting anything what did he get an OC who also runs the ball a lot, 1 guard, the rest are the same as before. Wilson talked both Carson and Dunlap into returning. So what did he get really? We will see how it works but some of you are acting like he has something to prove, he does not.