Matt Flynn's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

scifly

Reaction score
He's staying pat. Who would want him after all, he lost his job to a qb whose 31st in passing yards.

HawkWow

Reaction score
scifly":8po04tfq said:
Who would want him after all, he lost his job to a qb whose 31st in passing yards.

Do you actually believe this? If the tables were turned, with Flynn dfrafted by Pete, I believe our rook would be the one riding the pine. No coaches want their picks questioned and Pete got plenty of that with both RW and BI. His ego demands the success of both. The only lingering question, IMO, is at what cost?

I am "all in" with RW finishing the year, but fair "competition" must be put into play in the days leading up to next season. May the best man win.

BALL HAWKER

Reaction score
I too believe Pete's ego may cost us a great deal. I hope I'm wrong. This team is far to talented to be 4-3.

CASeahawk

Reaction score
Ray 74":2gacqpmo said:
I would really like to see him on the field..... I was never a Wilson fan but im willing to give him a chance... so far its been less tha ok for me ..... the height issue i think its a real problem. Every pass he throws is high and never in the middle so all he does is throw to the sidelines or goes deep, never a quik slant wich would be great to see on 3rd and short for example....

Not trying to be negative but just dont see Wilson beeing the guy, not sayin Flynn is neither but would like to see what he can do...
:13: almost every short to intermediate pass is to the sidelines. It will be a huge disservice to to the team if he doesn't get a chance. I'm sorry rookie or no rookie his numbers are unacceptable. He is making every body from the online to the receivers job harder. With this defense and running game we should have a better offense. I know the potential is pretty, but this team deserves to see the possibilities with Flynn. He may not be the answer either, but at least we will know. Ps. Please don't say we saw him in the pre-season. That argument is so flawed.

BALL HAWKER

Reaction score
I don't think either QB is bad, but we still don't know which one's better. Flynn should get his shot, then the debate will end. I don't know if moving in the right direction will keep Pete around after this season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I share the sentiments of the above posts. I'd like to see waht Flynn can do, but at the same time, we've invested a lot of reps in Wilson. He is sporadic, to be sure, but he has shown glimpses of promise and when used correctly, he has even dazzled. I refer to the times Bevell, or Pete, have turned the kid loose..letting him run. Those designed runs created problems for the opposition, which subsequently bought more time for Wilson on passing plays. IF we are going to use Wilson instead of Flynn, let's take full advantage of the one area he is actually better than Flynn. More times than not, IMO, Pete has asked Wilson to go in there and play a game that, IMO, would be better suited to Flynn's skill set. We can't seem to find the 2nd level passing attack...it's to the frikin sidelines or deep. Flynn is money in the intermediate passing game and if that is the offense we are going to run, let's let Flynn run it at least until Wilson becomes more comfortable stepping up in the pocket or Flynn shows he is no better.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
CASeahawk":wlk2xwe8 said:
The saddest thing about it is we may never find out until it's too late. Russell was terrible yesterday, i know there were some bad drops, but 9-23, almost everything to the right, at least two of those completions were dump-offs, and his good throws were totally out numbered by his bad. I was at the game and he was consistently locked into the right side of the field, missing some very open receivers on the other. I firmly believe we would have a better record right now with Flynn. We keep cutting Russell so much slack because he is a rookie, but he is the reason for these loses. The receiver production is down because of him and his pocket awareness. The receivers are always having to work back, because he is so skittish in the pocket. He does at time have those "wow" throwing moments, but he has made everybodies job harder from the oline to the receivers. We may have kept the offense intact from last year, but everybody had to change the way they play to cater to RW's style.
This.

redeye81

Reaction score
The coaches already found out so it's not SAD.. get grip..

Who you should be mad at is Flynn.. He decided drinking with his buddies in florida was more important than winning the starting job.. This is the NFL.. you need to earn your job...

I am pissed Flynn couldn't show the coaches he was better than a rookie.. I don't blame the rookie i blame Flynn

Now maybe he can turn it around but GEEZ no one should feel sorry for Flynn. he making big bucks. SHOW THE COACHES in the film room, practice field, locker room and playing field you're the BEST QB..

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":3nr7x7oz said:
Flynn is money in the intermediate passing game and if that is the offense we are going to run, let's let Flynn run it at least until Wilson becomes more comfortable stepping up in the pocket or Flynn shows he is no better.

How do you know he is money? 14 starts in 9 years? If he was money he would be starting.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":156uj40p said:
Do you actually believe this? If the tables were turned, with Flynn dfrafted by Pete, I believe our rook would be the one riding the pine. No coaches want their picks questioned and Pete got plenty of that with both RW and BI. His ego demands the success of both. The only lingering question, IMO, is at what cost?

I am "all in" with RW finishing the year, but fair "competition" must be put into play in the days leading up to next season. May the best man win.

Any other conspiracy theories you believe in? Wilson won the job. Fair and square. Flynn had every chance to nail this - and he didn't. Simple as that. Nothing to do with ego. Anyone would think Carroll inherited the guy - he signed him! What bloody difference does it make if you sign or draft a player? The fact is Carroll signed both. Wilson won the job. End.

SeaChase

Reaction score
CASeahawk":2rzz5gvl said:
The saddest thing about it is we may never find out until it's too late. Russell was terrible yesterday, i know there were some bad drops, but 9-23, almost everything to the right, at least two of those completions were dump-offs, and his good throws were totally out numbered by his bad. I was at the game and he was consistently locked into the right side of the field, missing some very open receivers on the other. I firmly believe we would have a better record right now with Flynn. We keep cutting Russell so much slack because he is a rookie, but he is the reason for these loses. The receiver production is down because of him and his pocket awareness. The receivers are always having to work back, because he is so skittish in the pocket. He does at time have those "wow" throwing moments, but he has made everybodies job harder from the oline to the receivers. We may have kept the offense intact from last year, but everybody had to change the way they play to cater to RW's style.

Spot on

Throwdown

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":cgw1jxe4 said:
Someone find a brick wall so we can all bang our heads against it.

Lol it might be time to let it go and let em talk to themselves.

seedhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1n8zskiq said:
Someone find a brick wall so we can all bang our heads against it.

We have! The brick wall you reference is PC's theory of how to use a rook QB.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":34hbgtzv said:
We have! The brick wall you reference is PC's theory of how to use a rook QB.

Let me guess... you know the best way to deal with a rookie QB? Have you considered calling the Seahawks to offer your services?

Giblien

Reaction score
I think Carroll trades him and gets some draft picks. That's what I would do at least.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Why do people assume we need to see Flynn start to make the determination? Carroll, the guy who has turned this team from broken and hold into a legitimate contender built through great drafting already saw what he needed to see. The only thing starting Flynn would do is satisfy some of your guys' curiosity, not his, he's made up his mind on who the better QB for the Seahawks is going forward. It's no mystery to him, there's no risk of never knowing. That's just couch potato GM talk.

VHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":2vgm3c7u said:
Why do people assume we need to see Flynn start to make the determination? Carroll, the guy who has turned this team from broken and hold into a legitimate contender built through great drafting already saw what he needed to see. The only thing starting Flynn would do is satisfy some of your guys' curiosity, not his, he's made up his mind on who the better QB for the Seahawks is going forward. It's no mystery to him, there's no risk of never knowing. That's just coach potato GM talk.

I would agree if you mean "couch" potatoe.

pinksheets

Reaction score
VHawk":1aug6ewo said:
pinksheets":1aug6ewo said:
Why do people assume we need to see Flynn start to make the determination? Carroll, the guy who has turned this team from broken and hold into a legitimate contender built through great drafting already saw what he needed to see. The only thing starting Flynn would do is satisfy some of your guys' curiosity, not his, he's made up his mind on who the better QB for the Seahawks is going forward. It's no mystery to him, there's no risk of never knowing. That's just coach potato GM talk.

I would agree if you mean "couch" potatoe.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts