Masks required indoors at lumen starting 8/23

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
From the Hawks' press release:

Per the state’s updated mask mandate going into effect August 23, until further notice, future Seahawks games will require all fans to wear masks in indoor areas of the stadium regardless of vaccination status. At this time, guests are not required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend Seahawks games at Lumen Field. Lumen Field will communicate updates on these policies to ticket holders as they are available.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/8/19/22 ... s-nfl-news

Somos doces

Reaction score
As a former journalist who still thinks like one, I have to point out this story fails to define what constitutes "indoor areas" at Lumen Field. That seems like information the general public would find useful.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":23jm91hy said:

Last edited by Sports Hernia on Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cannot use that word in the main forums

Perfect post, plus edit for this news.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Indoors..So don't go take a leak and it'll be okay.

Jville

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ipnt33g said:
Indoors..So don't go take a leak and it'll be okay.

The big super spreaders are the ones that fail to wash their hands. And unfortunately, the percentage of those super spreaders is to large to facilitate herd immunity.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Somos doces":5mt1ok8y said:
As a former journalist who still thinks like one, I have to point out this story fails to define what constitutes "indoor areas" at Lumen Field. That seems like information the general public would find useful.

Yes. I would like to know too.

I haven't been to Lumen, but have been to Levi's. It's not at all clear what qualifies for "indoors."

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Making everyone wear masks at the games should be a no-brainer.

Make everyone wear masks and then you don't have to worry about checking vacc cards, people lying about get the shots, fake cards, etc. It makes it easier on everyone - the staff, the team, and the fans.

Most of us already have masks. It really isn't a big deal.

If people can go to the games, and we can lower the chance that people going to the games either get sick or get someone else sick? That should be a good thing.

Why anyone would have a problem with it is baffling considering what we don't know.

It shouldn't even matter your position on the shots, etc. You spent a year wearing masks already. This shouldn't be some big imposition.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been fully vaxxed since April and I was still planning to wear a mask at the games, mandate or not. Even outdoors you are butt to nut...No social distancing whatsoever...You are in CLOSE proximity in front of you, to your left, to your right, behind me. Oh yeah. Mask it is.

This Delta variant is VICIOUS! Just nearly lost a good friend to it, and I know several others battling it right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Somos doces":p75jxqtk said:

My guess is concourses, bathrooms, suites, etc.

I also assume the Hawks and Lumen Inc will have VERY large signs as people walk in explaining which areas require masks.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I was at the Raiders preseason game in Vegas, and they required masks everywhere, even in the stands, except while drinking and eating. A guy with a "mask required" sign, was writing down seat numbers for non-compliance. Maybe barring these people from attending future games?

At any rate - it wasn't a big deal. Still drank beer and had a good time.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hoxrox":310amd1b said:
I was at the Raiders preseason game in Vegas, and they required masks everywhere, even in the stands, except while drinking and eating. A guy with a "mask required" sign, was writing down seat numbers for non-compliance. Maybe barring these people from attending future games?

At any rate - it wasn't a big deal. Still drank beer and had a good time.

But muh Freedom!

Mix

Reaction score
Wear a mask, let others feel safe, enjoy some football.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Wonder if the noise level will drop significantly.

I’m so glad we get to wear masks for the rest of time. It covers up the disdain I have for so many people. Plus I have a terrible smile and now even when I’m laying in bed I wear a mask. I mean our politicians only do it for pictures. But I’ll make sure my sneezes go into my mask that I wash with my clothes. I have had covid and also was fully vaccinated when I got it. I can’t wait to get the vaccine every 6 months. I have stock in the pharmacy companies that are making trillions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
True all those unmasked people I saw on TV........................

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
My biggest concern with this whole thing from the start was it mutating into something we can't handle . People need to take this seriously mask mandate's are needed. We have seen this virus mutate into a more contagious more lethal version already and it continues to mutate .