Marshawn Lynch in talks on return with Seahawks, RB says

kf3339

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1uo4yfwy said:
kf3339":1uo4yfwy said:
Sports Hernia":1uo4yfwy said:
Absolutely love the guy. Just wonder how much tread is left on the tires.

I would trust Lynch's judgement on what he has left to offer our team. He showed glimpses of his old self late last season with only a few weeks to prepare. Even then it was mostly just his trainer hitting him with gloves in the midsection and sides to prepare him for the hits. Not cardio or weight training. No eating regimen to prepare for a long season. He was even offering shots at a Raider game just a few weeks before we found out he was going to come back and play. Only he truly knows.

So you imagine his training was something like this?
Giphy

Pretty much. There even was a video that showed something very similar, but with a much younger guy punching him. Ha! :2thumbs:

acer1240

Reaction score
Putting aside how effective he may or may not be on the field, I'm guessing just his presence alone is worth the roster spot.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I love the guy. Even though his stats overall at end of last year lacked the gloss that could have made the difference for us I think his performance showed he still has the skills. He ran hard, caught well, and did a noce job running after the catch.
Our O Line during the post season was pretty much an infirmary ward. Had the line been up to par Homer might have been far more impressive than he was, let alone Lynch.
As for signing him I think that's where money comes into play. Comparing the impact he could have on our offense to the impact Clowney has for our defense, Clowney has to be the priority. Get that done and RB and right OT moves to the forefront. I don't see anything else available at RB I'd rather have than Marshawn to prop up that position.

That penguin gif is hypnotic, acer. Never fails to crack me up.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I appreciate all that Lynch has done for us and I will always remember the Beast Quake as I was there for that. However, I am not sure if he is still the beast. I think he would be a great mentor to our young RBs and help them out, but as far as him being the bell cow... I just don't see it.

iamstevenlopez

Reaction score
Bring him back.
He provides solid depth, goal line and short yardage skills, and runs hard every time.
4 touchdowns in 3 games with no training, literally coming off the couch.

pmedic920

Reaction score
nrayorr":2pe992yy said:
I appreciate all that Lynch has done for us and I will always remember the Beast Quake as I was there for that. However, I am not sure if he is still the beast. I think he would be a great mentor to our young RBs and help them out, but as far as him being the bell cow... I just don't see it.

I don’t think anyone sees him being “the bell cow”, and he’s obviously not the “BEASTMODE” of old.

Having said that, I think there’s still value if the price is right.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While Marshawn is not the same rb as he was previously. He would still be much better than anyone not named Chris Carson or Rashaad Penny. If those two are not back healthy to start the season, Lynch would be nice addition. He instantly would command defenses to develop a strategy to gameplan to stop him. Plus he knows how to pass protect and give Wilson time (better than any rb on the team). He wasn't in game shape but still proved valuable toward the close of the season. If he can provide similar or better play, that would help the Seahawks tremendously.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":340mpea3 said:
While Marshawn is not the same rb as he was previously. He would still be much better than anyone not named Chris Carson or Rashaad Penny. If those two are not back healthy to start the season, Lynch would be nice addition. He instantly would command defenses to develop a strategy to gameplan to stop him. Plus he knows how to pass protect and give Wilson time (better than any rb on the team). He wasn't in game shape but still proved valuable toward the close of the season. If he can provide similar or better play, that would help the Seahawks tremendously.

Lynch is an enigma he has a knack of getting things done, a defense can't take him lightly, he may have lost some speed but not power and he will smack you in the mouth all day. Goal line or inside the 20 and 3rd downs short yardage you have to respect him in the run and the pass.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Lynch but this is a no for me. There has to be better options than what Lynch offers at this stage. If Carson and Penny are back and healthy then sure I like having him in the room mentoring the young guys. If we need to rely on him then it seems like a bad idea. Hope he proves me wrong though.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I really like the idea of him playing full back. I think he has plenty of gas left in the tank for that position. He would lift this team in more ways than one in that role.

slateman77

Reaction score
So...anytime I hear about the BEAST....I recall the miked up Luke Kuechly saying ..He's a load...He's a F#$@ing load...That is the kind of attitude we need in our RB stables...Yeah...Maybe he lost a step or two...But he was never about speed,,,The man is just a tank that is hard to tackle...The sideways crab moves are very rare and he never gives up..!!...Damn...I would love to have him back in any capacity....Come on ...We will NEVER see another RB like him.!!