Marshawn Lynch Finally OFFICIALLY Retired

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1lmsy7qg said:
Single-handedly responsible for changing the image of the Seahawks from a West-coast finesse team into a smash-mouth, hard-nosed bully team. I loved everything Marshawn did and everything he was about. His personality was unique and refreshing in every way, and I'll miss both his on and off-field antics. Some of the most memorable plays in Seahawks and indeed NFL history belong to Marshawn and him alone. He might not get to the hall, but should be a lock for RoH...
Yes! :th2thumbs:
peachesenregalia":1lmsy7qg said:
... and having the #24 retired.
No. When he gets to "the Hall", yes. Until then, no.

Go Hawks,
BillA

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
Always loved me some Beastmode. I will miss seeing him plow for yards. My favorite Seahawks RB of all time hands down. Give him Hutch and Big Walt an he would have wrecked havoc on the league. Wouldn't that have been awesome to see. Oh well still super funny to watch.

NINEster

Reaction score
If there was just one player that made the difference in Seahawk/49er battles for Seattle, it was definitely Lynch.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
NINEster":10fubxak said:
If there was just one player that made the difference in Seahawk/49er battles for Seattle, it was definitely Lynch.
Well...there is something to be said for Sherman vacationing in Kaepernick's head, but he and Lynch are damn close in the competition.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NINEster":crbno1av said:
Actually a bit sad that's no longer the case. The Cardinals are no San Francisco but the 49ers seem to be on the typical Cardinals path sadly. Bad ownership is a franchise and legacy killer. Just ask Arizona, Cleveland and the Jets just for a start. Bidwell makes Ken Behring almost not stupid enough to not shoot on site, I said almost guys so just relax already.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm fully behind him being on/in the ROH, and although I don't expect it, hope he makes the HOF.

Does anybody know the protocol if there is one, for getting him on the "ring of honor"?

Is there an "official" waiting period, etc ?
Do fans have any say in getting a # retired?

I never really payed attention to the whole process before.

Adopted Rookie: Alex Collins

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So the news of his retirement is greatly exaggerated, although the team believes as much.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the team should let Lynch know that if he fails to file his retirement papers they will try to recapture the $5 million bonus money he will be receiving this season?

Anyone know what the cap consequences would be if he fails to file his retirement papers?

rideaducati

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ex1cg3b said:
I wonder if the team should let Lynch know that if he fails to file his retirement papers they will try to recapture the $5 million bonus money he will be receiving this season?

Anyone know what the cap consequences would be if he fails to file his retirement papers?

He doesn't have to file his retirement papers....ever.

The Seahawks have placed him on the reserve/retired list and as long as Marshawn doesn't show up in camp, he is retired. If Marshawn decides he wants to play, the Seahawks hold his rights and would let him play and continue with his current contract, cut him or trade him. I believe the Seahawks write contracts that only guarantee the salary if the player is on the roster week one, so there won't be any more cap hits than the bonus money already paid.

The Seahawks front office has filed the paperwork so that the cap hit comes out of this year's cap. Had they waited until June 1st, they could have spread the cap hit over this year and next.

Basis4day

Reaction score
rideaducati":k7fkynwu said:
jammerhawk":k7fkynwu said:

He doesn't have to file his retirement papers....ever.

The Seahawks have placed him on the reserve/retired list and as long as Marshawn doesn't show up in camp, he is retired. If Marshawn decides he wants to play, the Seahawks hold his rights and would let him play and continue with his current contract, cut him or trade him. I believe the Seahawks write contracts that only guarantee the salary if the player is on the roster week one, so there won't be any more cap hits than the bonus money already paid.

The Seahawks front office has filed the paperwork so that the cap hit comes out of this year's cap. Had they waited until June 1st, they could have spread the cap hit over this year and next.

PREACH!!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Man, I am really going to miss Marshawn. I was just watching highlights vids...he was one of a kind.

Yeah his antics might be a little distracting, but that man brought a presence to our offense - and our team.

Hard to replace.

Latest posts