MUST WATCH vid (Sherman & Lynch)

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The caption is all wonky and doesn't really make sense, probably because of how Lynch uses language with regards to his culture.

Can anyone briefly explain the gist of the interview? What were the main points?

907Hawk

Reaction score
The caption is all wonky and doesn't really make sense, probably because of how Lynch uses language with regards to his culture.

Can anyone briefly explain the gist of the interview? What were the main points?
The Gist is Lynch hopes #3 is ok and wants his former teammate to do well.

sc85sis

Reaction score

Paraphrasing here:

Marshawn said something to the effect that he couldn’t give Pete want he wanted. I wasn’t 100% sure what he was referring to on this because his talking was a bit circular. I think he was essentially saying their styles didn’t always mesh, but don’t quote me on that.

He also said he thought at one point that Pete had to be on drugs or something because there was no way Pete could be so upbeat/energetic all the time. He finally realized that Pete actually is just like that.

Said he respects Pete and that Pete is great at taking guys other people have given up on and helping them succeed.

Mentioned that he’s worried about Russ and would like to check up on him but isn’t going to go through other people to talk to him. Pretty sure he’s referring to previous comments he’s made that he can’t reach Russ directly because Russ essentially has people running interference for him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Paraphrasing here:

Marshawn said something to the effect that he couldn’t give Pete want he wanted. I wasn’t 100% sure what he was referring to on this because his talking was a bit circular. I think he was essentially saying their styles didn’t always mesh, but don’t quote me on that.

He also said he thought at one point that Pete had to be on drugs or something because there was no way Pete could be so upbeat/energetic all the time. He finally realized that Pete actually is just like that.

Said he respects Pete and that Pete is great at taking guys other people have given up on and helping them succeed.

Mentioned that he’s worried about Russ and would like to check up on him but isn’t going to go through other people to talk to him. Pretty sure he’s referring to previous comments he’s made that he can’t reach Russ directly because Russ essentially has people running interference for him.
Brilliant summary.

I took it as, with Pete's rah-rah college coach style, it was just not in Marshawn's makeup to go there, that Marshawn expressed his version of rah-rah with violence on the field. Marshawn's way of leading was by example more so than enthusiastic words. Remember all Marshawn's scintillating, enthusiastic, chatterbox interviews in local and national media? Yeah. Me neither. I do remember, I think it may have been Deion Sanders who finally managed to get a pre-Super-Bowl interview, and the main thing Marshawn said was, "I'm just all about that action, boss."

An aside