Mariners Offseason Thread 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Well Mariners front office, if you've dreamed of retaking the hearts of the PNW, now's the time. Be there for all of us aching Seahawk fans! Be good this year because we REALLY need it!

jkitsune

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1vwu0lhy said:
Well Mariners front office, if you've dreamed of retaking the hearts of the PNW, now's the time. Be there for all of us aching Seahawk fans! Be good this year because we REALLY need it!

Agreed. Can't wait for April.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jkitsune":3mx88dbp said:
Trenchbroom":3mx88dbp said:

Agreed. Can't wait for April.

yeah, im ready

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3v58ff10 said:
This is why we need an NHL a team to plug the gap between football and baseball.
For the first time in a long time, I'm expecting big things from the M's this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":kfg984b3 said:
Trenchbroom":kfg984b3 said:
This is why we need an NHL a team to plug the gap between football and baseball.
For the first time in a long time, I'm expecting big things from the M's this year.
FanGraphs has the Mariners winning 90 games which is tied with the Dodgers and 1 game behind the Nationals. Basically the best in the American League, pretty wierd if you ask me. I do agree that Seattle should have a NHL team and maybe even Portland also.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7rszx3zo said:
these are great, classic unis.

cruz brothers, al davis, jim presley, gaylord perry. all we need are the periwinkle blue matching ones.

Take it from me, the only time you want the periwinkle blue is when you buy me a caravan. Particularly if you can get one with Hector-2 roof lights, the stylish ash-framed furniture and the scatter cushions with the matching shag pile covering.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1wpr1zao said:
Uncle Si":1wpr1zao said:

cruz brothers, al davis, jim presley, gaylord perry. all we need are the periwinkle blue matching ones.

Take it from me, the only time you want the periwinkle blue is when you buy me a caravan. Particularly if you can get one with Hector-2 roof lights, the stylish ash-framed furniture and the scatter cushions with the matching shag pile covering.

it was us who came here for a caravan....

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":35041f1e said:
NJSeaHawk":35041f1e said:
Uncle Si":35041f1e said:

it was us who came here for a caravan....

:th2thumbs:

m0ng0

Reaction score
The sorta late additions of Endy, Weeks and possibly Guti rounds out a pretty solid roster. We have a damn good rotation barring injuries and the bullpen is still fairly intact, any word on Joe Beimel? I see division champs this year.

jkitsune

Reaction score
This is the most anxious I've been for the M's in a long time. Last year I was cautiously optimistic but didn't expect anything near as good as we got. This year all indicators are that it should be even better. Given the Hawks' success recently, and their heartbreak in XLIX, this would be the perfect year for the M's to recapture the hearts of Seattle fans. Not to the exclusion of the Hawks, mind, but I think the M's have a chance to garner much more attention than they've received in any other year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like this low cost move..More offense really helps..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IndyHawk":8f1g0teg said:

Love one more pitcher to be honest. Just to back up the speculative health and stamina of our younger guys.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Uncle Si":18k37zhm said:
IndyHawk":18k37zhm said:

Love one more pitcher to be honest. Just to back up the speculative health and stamina of our younger guys.

Who would you bump if they signed one more pitcher? Let's leave aside the inevitable roster churn of spring training, since there will be one or two surprises we don't see coming, but let's say they add one more SP or RP. Who do you leave off the roster to make room? As it stands, we have (I believe) a 7-man pen and a 5-man bench. If you want to carry an extra SP/RP on the roster, who do you leave off?

Our rotation looks to be Felix, Kuma, Happ, and then two of Elias/Paxton/Walker, with the other going to AAA. Do you option an extra young arm to fit a Chris Young-type? I wouldn't mind it, particularly given Walker's inconsistency and Elias' lack of experience, but I'm not convinced that's a definite improvement.

I don't think they can afford not to carry every single bench positional player they have right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Don't forget we have Hultzen coming back and we can always find 2-3 guys on prove it deals to see whom pans out but really we do look good on pitching wise..

Status
Not open for further replies.