Malik McDowell

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7yabvbu6 said:
Seymour":7yabvbu6 said:
No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

It wasn't just McDowell vs woman potty mouth cop. :roll:

Yes. You’ve really uncovered quite an incident here.

I've uncovered nothing, someone else wrote the story. People will make up their own minds based on their morals. What is wrong with having the available facts when people are mis stating crap all throughout the thread? You seem to not like that either?

Did I say to cut him?

No. I questioned the "upside" comment when all we've seen is downside from him so far. Then I posted the link to the missing downside info that was left out to exaggerate a point.

The Breh

Reaction score
Seymour":f3q39yig said:

So he was arrested for yelling about $ he thought he was owed ? Pouring out the liquor ?
No assaults, huh. Just yellin and liquor pourin.
He may have been right and his buddy was telling him otherwise as a diffuser.
A $600 discrepancy isn't necessarily "nothing" to a rookie.
I think hoping he never suits up and all the other egregious comments made on this here site over an ATV accident and a hissy fit over a bill paints a certain kind of picture of those folks making said comments.
But what do I know.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
That video showed a lot of dumbasses in whatever town he was in
.. It also showed his face isnt mangled like previously reported so..... excellent update!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":13s3wnpf said:
Uncle Si":13s3wnpf said:
Seymour":13s3wnpf said:

Yes. You’ve really uncovered quite an incident here.

I've uncovered nothing, someone else wrote the story. People will make up their own minds based on their morals. What is wrong with having the available facts when people are mis stating crap all throughout the thread? You seem to not like that either?

Did I say to cut him?

No. I questioned the "upside" comment when all we've seen is downside from him so far. Then I posted the link to the missing downside info that was left out to exaggerate a point.

You questioned his character over the incident,used the story to support the narrative offered by others. There was no “thus far.”

What’s discouraging about the reaction to Malik is there is every reason to hold out hope he becomes a good player and good person for this team based on the stories of some of his current teammates and former Seahawks under Carrol.

A part of the story being ignored. No doubt he made a mistake.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
That video showed that on the surface, his injuries are minor. He obviously has some level of brain damage though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seymour

Reaction score
I think I've seen enough of his decision making skills and proof that he qualifies as a complete dumb ass at this point yes. That doesn't mean he cannot play for Pete and be liked by others though.

Can you show me one shred of evidence "he will become a good person?" :shock:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":21jn2an1 said:
I think I've seen enough of his decision making skills and proof that he qualifies as a complete dumb ass at this point yes. That doesn't mean he cannot play for Pete and be liked by others though.

From one video?

Cool.

I wish people didn’t make mistakes too. Doubt you ever did.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Chapow":2ozipj8o said:
dopeboy206":2ozipj8o said:
I've done worse shit than Malik when I used to get drunk around that age. Lol

You, me, and almost everyone I knew when I was that age.

Crashed on an ATV? Check. (Actually still do this sometimes and I'm 40)

Made a jackass out of myself at a club? Check.

Disrespectful to cops? Check.

Honestly, the outrage is pretty baffling to me. He's young, dumb, and full of @#$ just like we all were at some point. None of this seems all that bad to me.
Exactly. He was caught talking shit when he was drunk. So what? I'm sure everyone here has done and said stupid things when they're drunk. I remember at that age I used to start a lot of shit in my neighborhood growing up in the Rainier Beach area with my smart ass mouth. Got into plenty fights, rumbles, all types of shit and even got arrested a few times. All my friends were the same way too. People grow up, we change some for the better and some for the worse. Let's give Malik a chance to prove to us he can ball which I believe he can.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Lawrence Taylor would have never played football in todays society. Not saying if it is good or not just an observation. Just interesting how we judge EVERYTHING by the moral standards these days. What car to buy, musicians, where to eat, what brand shoes to buy, what type of meat to buy , athletes have to be classy and smart. It could be a good thing or maybe we have taken things to far....

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gu9l8qdm said:
Seymour":gu9l8qdm said:

From one video?

Cool.

I made shit loads of mistakes. And not until I was cut down, owned up, lost it all, and made some serious life changes did I finally get it. People want to play enabler and make excuses for the behavior and blow it off to youth are what actually will keep these kids in self destruct mode. Been there, seen that, and buried friends over it that never figured it out. You tell me who is "the bad guy" here.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":ym0i066u said:
Uncle Si":ym0i066u said:
Seymour":ym0i066u said:

From one video?

Cool.

I made shit loads of mistakes. And not until I was cut down, owned up, lost it all, and made some serious life changes did I finally get it. People want to play enabler and make excuses for the behavior and blow it off to youth are what actually will keep these kids in self destruct mode. Been there, seen that, and buried friends over it that never figured it out. You tell me who is "the bad guy" here.

This is the argument that previous smokers use to condemn people still smoking, former smokers, addicts, or others seem to have a condemnation for those that were a lot like them, yet I am sure during that process someone said that if you keep heading down the path your travelling it will end in no good results.

That pedestal they put themselves on quickly turns into the Mount Ararat of that issue and the Ten Commandments follows.

The Breh

Reaction score
Seymour":32pyfze7 said:
You tell me who is "the bad guy" here.
Certainly not the youngster playing around on an ATV in disagreeance over $600 :les:

Seymour

Reaction score
No but it makes "those" know exactly what he is up against though, and some people seem to not like that. McDowell obviously is young enough to have everything in front of him still, but all indications are he is done before he ever got started so I don't know why all the angst about him now to begin with?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Malik had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.
To my knowledge, we have received none. This choice tells me that our FO is "stretching" too far to find talent. So Pete and John....just find us some players who are ready to play football NOW.....and have their head screwed on straight!!

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":21o3mhsf said:
If Malik had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.
To my knowledge, we have received none. This choice tells me that our FO is "stretching" too far to find talent. So Pete and John....just find us some players who are ready to play football NOW.....and have their head screwed on straight!!
If Russell Wilson had ANY real value to football, the Hawks would have been receiving offers from other teams for his services.
To my knowledge, we have received none.
There seems to be a flaw in the "logic" employed to draw your conclusions.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3txjq5ij said:

Lol, what?

You're judging a players worth by how many trade offers we get for them?

Jeremy Lane must be the best player on the team, huh?

Osprey

Reaction score
chris98251":1ap62x7h said:
That pedestal they put themselves on quickly turns into the Mount Sinai of that issue and the Ten Commandments follows.
FTFY :les:

Osprey

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2eozg04m said:
After watching the video......cut his damn ass.
He has ZERO respect for authority.
When you get arrested, it is NOT an open discussion. Keep your damn mouth shut and do what you are told. You can argue in court. That is what courts are for. I hope this clown NEVER dresses for Seattle.
While I believe a lack of cooperation with LEOs is the number one cause of lethal force incidents...I can't blame the young man. He's been brought up in a time and culture that glorifies defiance to authority.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is more to this situation than we know. McDowell comes off as a spoiled self entitled athlete and he's clearly PO'd about being arrested. The whole incident has never been clearly reported upon but lots of rocks are now being thrown. It seems to me it was pretty stupid incident.

Many here fail to appreciate he apologized for being involved in this stupid drunken incident, but that is ignored so we can pile on with the bust comments when we don't really know jack about his ability to play b/c he screwed up and took himself out of last season's play with a head injury due to even more youthful stupidity. For me I'll wait to see if he does play again. He is coming off like a young pampered athlete though.

I suspect it's possible he never plays again, but that is true about Avril and Chancellor. Somehow though I think he may play and happily surprise as may Cliff and Kam. We just don't know at present and this night club incident does little to boost any fan confidence in the young man as a player. Clark had red flags but the team got it right about him, Do we know McDowell demonstrably a bust?

It's just easier to throw rocks than to wait. Who says McDowell doesn't love football? Who didn't do dumb stuff when they were young? Of course it was bad pick if McDowell never plays but if that reality was clear he never will play agan he'd be gone already.

Sometimes the negativity around here is extraordinary.

cymatica

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3pygfiw2 said:
After watching the video......cut his damn ass.
He has ZERO respect for authority.
When you get arrested, it is NOT an open discussion. Keep your damn mouth shut and do what you are told. You can argue in court. That is what courts are for. I hope this clown NEVER dresses for Seattle.

Amazing this is the attitude in America now. Bend over and submit to the authorities operating under martial law.