Malik McDowell

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Was a risky pick to begin with and looks like it crashed and burned. Can't see him ever suiting up here.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is Andre Hines or Nate Oddoms all over again, we will take the hit and move on, would have could have been, he had red flags but without the accident could have grown in to a disruptive force that required management since he is so young for a while. Door not closed yet but it sure isn't a wide open garage door anymore either.

Osprey

Reaction score
Seymour":3v11el92 said:
Upside?????

I think not personally, this kid has some serious issues.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/13/seahawks-malik-mcdowell-arrest-vide/
First time I've actually watched the video. Do you really think it was that bad? All I saw/heard was smack talk in both directions. The female LEO says something to the extent of 'Baby, you sound so F-cking ignorant' setting the bar pretty low for the interaction. We didn't get to see the original contact, who knows what was said then.

I'd be more concerned if it was a one side profanity laced tirade. Once you get past the salty language, there was some legitimate back and forth as to the grounds for his arrest and the procedure.

Chapow

Reaction score
Osprey":2wbjrcdr said:
Seymour":2wbjrcdr said:
Upside?????

I think not personally, this kid has some serious issues.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/13/seahawks-malik-mcdowell-arrest-vide/
First time I've actually watched the video. Do you really think it was that bad? All I saw/heard was smack talk in both directions. The female LEO says something to the extent of 'Baby, you sound so F-cking ignorant' setting the bar pretty low for the interaction. We didn't get to see the original contact, who knows what was said then.

I'd be more concerned if it was a one side profanity laced tirade. Once you get past the salty language, there was some legitimate back and forth as to the grounds for his arrest and the procedure.

I just watched the video for the first time as well and I completely agree with you. Some people here made that sound way worse than it really was. Yes, there was profanity (by the cops too BTW), but he was clearly upset because he thought the arrest was BS. Pretty sure most people would be upset if they felt they were being wrongfully or unnecessarily arrested. It seems the only "crime" he committed was disorderly conduct? So basically acting like a jackass?

So lets see. We have a 21 year old young man that has crashed an ATV and also made a jackass out of himself at a club one night. This sounds like fairly typical behavior for a young man that has some growing up to do. Not everyone is a choir boy. Some of you all make it sound like he beat the crap out of his grandma and robbed a bank or something.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
After watching the video......cut his damn ass.
He has ZERO respect for authority.
When you get arrested, it is NOT an open discussion. Keep your damn mouth shut and do what you are told. You can argue in court. That is what courts are for. I hope this clown NEVER dresses for Seattle.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh my God!!! He argued in a disrespectful fashion with the cops while not resisting in anyway!!! Oh the humanity!!! I'm so outraged!!! Off with his head!!!

Geez man. Some of you all trigger awfully easily. Didn't realize we had such sensitive folks up in here.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I've done worse shit than Malik when I used to get drunk around that age. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE TABS

Reaction score
I won’t criticize the pick because of the the result. I criticize it because Forrest Lamp, the best interior OL in the draft, was on the board. Lamp also suffered a season ending injury in TC, but it’s not the type of of thing you can predict. We needed Lamp; we did NOT need McDowell, no matter the upside.

Chapow

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3cgzvwcu said:
I've done worse shit than Malik when I used to get drunk around that age. Lol

You, me, and almost everyone I knew when I was that age.

Crashed on an ATV? Check. (Actually still do this sometimes and I'm 40)

Made a jackass out of myself at a club? Check.

Disrespectful to cops? Check.

Honestly, the outrage is pretty baffling to me. He's young, dumb, and full of @#$ just like we all were at some point. None of this seems all that bad to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
THE TABS":33xftzhb said:
I won’t criticize the pick because of the the result. I criticize it because Forrest Lamp, the best interior OL in the draft, was on the board. Lamp also suffered a season ending injury in TC, but it’s not the type of of thing you can predict. We needed Lamp; we did NOT need McDowell, no matter the upside.

Under another OC or O line coach I may agree, but our history has sown taking a guy in the draft who plays one position we confuse and have a learning curve when they get to the NFL playing a spot they didn't play in college.

OP
OP
B

bighawk

Reaction score
I would hate to see him get cut and goes to another team and blows up. I just hope they work with him and he becomes a force because his highlights are impressive. :2thumbs:

The Breh

Reaction score
He got arrested for disorderly conduct for calling the cop a b!tch. Of course he was upset.
I'm with all you guys who see all the uppity and easily outraged folks on here.
Crashed an A TV in an ACCIDENT. "Cut him !". "What a loser".
Argues with a copette over being arrested for some foul language. "Hope he never suits up as a Hawk".
Apparently she hadn't been taught "sticks and stones".
Y'all sound like the same lot from Buffalo who screamed "good riddance" when we grabbed Lynch.
Pitchfork wielders underoos comin out the dryer a bit small.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":14rc24f1 said:
He got arrested for disorderly conduct for calling the cop a b!tch. Of course he was upset.
I'm with all you guys who see all the uppity and easily outraged folks on here.
Crashed an A TV in an ACCIDENT. "Cut him !". "What a loser".
Argues with a copette over being arrested for some foul language. "Hope he never suits up as a Hawk".
Apparently she hadn't been taught "sticks and stones".
Y'all sound like the same lot from Buffalo who screamed "good riddance" when we grabbed Lynch.
Pitchfork wielders underoos comin out the dryer a bit small.

Well most of us feeling our Oats think we know it all and know our rights etc, you learn from making mistakes or get taught that challenging authority that has the power to alter your circumstances isn't a good thing.

Depending on your background this can come later for many people.

Doesn't mean the person is bad, just not really educated in how life works in some circumstances.

Some people just like to push the limits as well, those will be a challenge top be around or to work with, but again it's application and situation, pushing limits isn't always bad, knowing who your pushing is the key.

Seymour

Reaction score
So many messed up "facts here". Sure would be nice if people would familiarize themselves with the story before going off on others. He was not arrested just for calling her a bitch. The bar called the cops on him because of this....

McDowell’s latest incident came while his team was here in Florida to play the Jaguars Sunday. TMZ’s report says McDowell, who turned 21 in June, was arrested early Sunday in Atlanta “after a cop says she saw him getting into a verbal altercation outside the front doors of a club called St. Lounge.”

TMZ cited an incident report that stated McDowell was shouting at the head of security for the club about $600 he believed St. Lounge owed him, “even though he was repeatedly told by staff and his own friend they didn’t have the cash he demanded.”

After eventually being allowed in the club he was kicked out while still shouting about the $600, the report states.

“The cop says she was told McDowell poured out a couple bottles of liquor inside and got booted,
” TMZ’s report says.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":o7yzve08 said:
So many messed up "facts here". Sure would be nice if people would familiarize themselves with the story before going off on others. He was not arrested just for calling her a bitch. The bar called the cops on him because of this....

McDowell’s latest incident came while his team was here in Florida to play the Jaguars Sunday. TMZ’s report says McDowell, who turned 21 in June, was arrested early Sunday in Atlanta “after a cop says she saw him getting into a verbal altercation outside the front doors of a club called St. Lounge.”

TMZ cited an incident report that stated McDowell was shouting at the head of security for the club about $600 he believed St. Lounge owed him, “even though he was repeatedly told by staff and his own friend they didn’t have the cash he demanded.”

After eventually being allowed in the club he was kicked out while still shouting about the $600, the report states.

“The cop says she was told McDowell poured out a couple bottles of liquor inside and got booted,
” TMZ’s report says.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Was this supposed to strengthen an argument?

Lot of these troubled players (Lynch) come good. Malik doesn’t get that chance?

Seymour

Reaction score
No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

It wasn't just McDowell vs woman potty mouth cop. :roll:

King Dog

Reaction score
Why would a club owe McDowell $600.00? It sounds like the brain damage is worse than we could have imagined.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2upuoxo1 said:
No, it is an attempt to tell the truth about what really happened that night.

It wasn't just McDowell vs woman potty mouth cop. :roll:

Yes. You’ve really uncovered quite an incident here.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
None of the people in that video sound like they are even remotely intelligent.

Literally talking about all three of them.

Dont @ me.