Making too much of the 4 losses?

byau

Reaction score
drdiags":8xqr8g3y said:
The why's are what fuels the discussions but in the end it isn't like this behavior is totally foreign to the team until this year. Just more cringe-worthy stuff happening in a shorter window. I don't expect a drastic change anytime soon. But I am hopeful.

Agreed - it really isn't anything new.

I think it's just being mentally and physically exhausted from two very long and tiring seasons the last two years

You can't say they don't know how to play, because they show they still got it for three quarters in the last two games. They took commanding leads in each game into the 4th quarter.

But after two long seasons of exhausting games, of back to back SBs, I think their brains and legs are just getting a bit more tired than before and that is why these problems are showing up now. Some of the talking heads are saying the role players are all doing their parts, it's the superstars that aren't playing up to their level (Sherm, Kam, Earl, Russell, Lynch). Well, this would be the reason why.

Just one step slower

Just one breakdown in communication more

And those close games we won the last three years are now close games we lose.

My solution?

Keep the offense on the field more because that's where our explosive "young guns" are.

More Tyler Lockett. More Jimmy Graham. More Thomas Rawls. Those are the hungry young lions that haven't gone to the SB. They have the energy. They have the ability. They are playing out of their minds. And do you see how much their play energizes the team? Did you hear how crazy the crowd went whenever Jimmy made a play vs the Panthers?

Getting these young guns going, energizing the team, extending the offensive possession, giving the defense (especially the secondary) more rest ... they could turn this thing around