M-Rob on James Carpenter

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would really like to see Carp have a breakthrough season. Hopefully it happens......sadly we have been asking for this for awhile now.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":qftixjup said:
I would really like to see Carp have a breakthrough season. Hopefully it happens......sadly we have been asking for this for awhile now.

Carp was at his best 6-7 years ago when he was a JC All American. Never really stood out at Alabama for the 2 years he was there. Alabama won championships those years but credit was really given to the o-line he played with. He was never really known for any kind of Road Gradder but more of a guy who could pass block.

I would like to see Carp continue to play in the NFL, just not with Seattle. Lets see what Bailey/ Bowie can do and move on!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
had2bhawk":2y01xb19 said:
Blitzer88":2y01xb19 said:

Carp was at his best 6-7 years ago when he was a JC All American. Never really stood out at Alabama for the 2 years he was there. Alabama won championships those years but credit was really given to the o-line he played with. He was never really known for any kind of Road Gradder but more of a guy who could pass block.

I would like to see Carp continue to play in the NFL, just not with Seattle. Lets see what Bailey/ Bowie can do and move on!
However, while playing with an injury that limited his ability to pass block, he proved his strength at POA, so the ability to road grade is there. Now we just have to see how well he does all of things a guard must do with his legs at 100%. The only time he played at close to full strength was as a rookie at Right Tackle. But keep bashing him before he gets a genuine chance to show the 'consistency, consistency, consistency, consistency ' that Cable is witnessing from him right now. Odd that Carp suddenly shows this consistency now that he's fully healthy.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
He's lost 15 lbs from 342! Hardly qualifies him to be a consistent run blocker and road grader in secondary. We will see when training camp opens up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm happy that Carp finally got into shape, but is anyone else annoyed that it took him getting into his contract year three years later to do it?

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I have seen some good and bad moves from both of them. It is totally wait and see (taking too long) off-season.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Watch the SB again and focus only on Sweezy. The kid had one hell of a game. "Expectations at AVERAGE" someone above says? I say bullshit, he is becoming ABOVE average in my book

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Marlin Man":1t5eeyxs said:
Watch the SB again and focus only on Sweezy. The kid had one hell of a game. "Expectations at AVERAGE" someone above says? I say bullshit, he is becoming ABOVE average in my book
+100!
We have some knowledgeable football fans on this board, but, IMO, the analysis becomes lazy when looking at OL players. Sweezy is among the top guards in the league right now, and if anybody decides to REALLY pay attention this season, that truth will reveal itself.