Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Ware

hidn

Reaction score
I realize not everyone is going to agree with me on this, but I feel like Lynch looks slower this year. There has been a lot of talk, specifically in this forum, about how Coleman may be playing a roll in Lynch's struggles, but I'm not so sure.

In this last game and the panthers game, I have felt like he is making bad reads and not hitting the holes with power or speed. I think this is the main reason that he is getting 1-2 yards instead of 4 like he has consistently picked up in the past. Do you guys think it's solely because he doesn't trust his blocking?

To clarify, all I'm saying is I don't see that same explosion in lynch that I have seen in the past.

If I am completely honest, I think right now that Turbin is running better then Lynch. Don't misread that, I am not saying we should put Lynch on the bench. Lynch brings a skill set to the table that Turbin will never posses.

Have you guys seen the same thing? Am I being overly critical of Lynch?

Has Turbin stepped his game up? Should he be getting more touches?

Why is Michael IA?

Ware looked really good with his touches, is he better than we might have anticipated?

What are your thoughs?

PNWJoshua

Reaction score
Lynch is not the fastest guy on the field. He looks no different to my eye than he has in the past. I do think that there were some more yards to be had by following Coleman on a few plays and a few more to be had on cut backs...All in all he was sturdy and played 110%. Scary thing is i think there was a lot of room for improvement and the running game is only going to get stronger after the players have time to watch film.

Turbin is fast and powerful but he is not able to consistently break through first contact.

I also wonder why Michael is IA...I have him on my fantasy team thinking he would be getting significant touches down the road...

Ware looked efficient and consistent but didn't really give me the 'Wow' factor.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lynch is fine, he took a couple of dings last night that may have slowed him a bit, but the slowest he looked all night was crossing the goal line.

Don't fret about Lynch, angsty one.

dusktreader

Reaction score
He racked up 98 yards on the ground and 3 rushing touchdowns against one of the toughest defenses in the NFL last night, and you're saying he is slowing down? Lynch was his awesome Beastly self last night, and if that's him slowing down, I look forward to many more slow games from him.

sutz

Reaction score
He didn't get a lot of work in the preseason IIRC. He's just getting warmed up. I like our RB group, and Marshawn is the heart of it.

Oh, and we just played two games against two of the best front 7's in football and beat them both. I'm gonna cut Lynch and the RBs a little slack.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
PFF graded Coleman -4.1 in run blocking last night. Our OL has graded poorly overall through two games. I think Mike Rob is missed right now. Hopefully, the continuity/trust picks up.

But you're talking about a guy (Lynch) who had 98 yards rushing, 3 TDs, basically all the big plays and won fantasy games for millions last night. Don't see any reason to panic.

Turbin has played very well. 5+ YPC over two games, and he had a big one called back on a hold. He looks reliable in every facet. He's earning his snaps.

Michael is IA because he can't pass block and can't play special teams. I'm fine with having him just be Lynch insurance this year. He'll get his opportunity to be a star for this team. It just might not be this year.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think Lynch is going through a transition period since we dropped M. Rob. Lynch had great chemistry with M. Rob. So I think that's a factor.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I can see what you mean. Turbin appears to have more burst, which will kill defenses after Lynch has mauled them around first.

OP
OP
hidn

hidn

Reaction score
dusktreader":2e8rfd9o said:
He racked up 98 yards on the ground and 3 rushing touchdowns against one of the toughest defenses in the NFL last night, and you're saying he is slowing down? Lynch was his awesome Beastly self last night, and if that's him slowing down, I look forward to many more slow games from him.

I understand his production last night was good.

I'm trying to say I think the lynch from 2 seasons ago or even last season puts up 130 yards.

OP
OP
hidn

hidn

Reaction score
PNWJoshua":od3gm8kq said:
Lynch is not the fastest guy on the field. He looks no different to my eye than he has in the past. I do think that there were some more yards to be had by following Coleman on a few plays and a few more to be had on cut backs...All in all he was sturdy and played 110%. Scary thing is i think there was a lot of room for improvement and the running game is only going to get stronger after the players have time to watch film.

Turbin is fast and powerful but he is not able to consistently break through first contact.

I also wonder why Michael is IA...I have him on my fantasy team thinking he would be getting significant touches down the road...

Ware looked efficient and consistent but didn't really give me the 'Wow' factor.

Lynch has never been a speed guy, but he has always had power getting into the hole. I'm arguing he's stuttering and not running downhill with power like has in the past.

Turbin may not be breaking as many tackles, but he's getting more yards before contact and when there is a decent hole he gets through it faster.

Ware picked up the first down to end the game when we were in obvious run situations and the 49ers had the box stacked. His (3 runs?) were very solid. Not many teams get the first down there with their starting RB's. Especially not against the 49ers.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":sqd5rcz9 said:
PFF graded Coleman -4.1 in run blocking last night..............
Wow, that is brutal. Will be very interesting to see if MRob is brought back. Myself, I don't see it because it would feel like going backwards which is something PC & JS seem loathe to do. But with a performance like that, I well might be quite wrong.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
remember with the PFF scores the metrics seem to be very objective. Misses at blocks as well as blocks made. The subjective analysis is much less used. For instance , he was called upon to block and superb DE , of not the best. I really doubt MRob could have done better. Sometimes you have to give the other play his props.

Unger had his butt handed 2 him for the second game with 2 pancakes I saw and 2 holding calls and he is a legit all pro. The line they were against is excellent.

OP
OP
hidn

hidn

Reaction score
I just re-watched some of the game.

What I was seeing may have been caused by the rain delay? It appears he started the game hitting holes fast and running downhill with power. After returning from the rain delay, it was completely different.

Was this a coaching thing? Did they tell him to look for the cut backs or maybe he was just stiff/cold after?

capncrunch

Reaction score
I like what I have seen out of the Beast this season. It appears to me that he has improved as a receiver. Turbo will get his touches. I am not going to worry about Michael's role just now. I think Pete must've evaluated Coleman's ability as a blocker and pass catcher pretty thoroughly before jettisoning MRob. Let's see how he does over the next couple of games.

beasthawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1hk0dccu said:
I think Lynch is going through a transition period since we dropped M. Rob. Lynch had great chemistry with M. Rob. So I think that's a factor.

Said well, he is still a pro FOOTBALL player, but yes this is a factor

kearly

Reaction score
Athletically Lynch looked fine. He did make several bad decisions running the ball but he also had some very nice reads, particularly his first rushing touchdown.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Why does it seam that there is a segment of this message board that wants Lynch to be done even though there is no indication that he has lost a step? It is almost like they want to predict his demise so they can be right or something.

Lynch is going to slow down sometime. But it ain't now.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I thought in week 1 it was very obvious that he was a little bit rusty and didn't have the burst that we're used to seeing from him, even the few times he got into the open field. Last night I thought he looked like the same old Lynch that we're used to. Although there were a few plays where he clearly misread the blocks in front of him.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Bevels run every first down play calling sucked.

Lots of lost yards. Probably ran for 125 and 3TD if it wasn't for the predictability of calls, and Rocky Dennis filling in for Big Russ.

Fart

Latest posts