Lynch Loves the Seahawks draft.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah read the article on PFT, he is watching intently seeing us get closer, nice compliments for John.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
He would know what a good team looks like and what other teams are on the come up. I can't wait to find out if Seattle can get some over on SC this time around. When both teams are clicking, the season is way more entertaining.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Trey Lance draft picks given up will eventually catch up to the Niners.

They couldn’t replenish their talent due to all they gave up to get who they assumed was their next “star” QB.

Suffice it to say, if Lance, isn’t the QB this year and let’s say, it’s Sam Darnold, then, the Niners will have seen their Super Bowl window close.

Trent Williams is getting older.

McCaffrey, we don’t know how many solid years he has left.

Deebo and Aiyuk, may not have a great QB.

And some defensive players will be paid after this upcoming year, and a rebuilding of their defensive starters will need to take place.

All this sets up for Seattle to take the NFC West crown even as soon as this season with all of Seattle’s young and talented pieces.

If you are a Niners fan, you are banking on this upcoming season to win it all. And if the Niners do not win this upcoming season, Seattle will reign supreme in the NFC West sooner than later. Seattle is young and talented. The Niners aren’t as young anymore.

OP
OP

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
or not. they have been terrible at 1st round picks. maybe it's a blessing.
They couldn’t replenish their talent due to all they gave up to get who they assumed was their next “star” QB.
they have SB talent and no immediate needs to replenish. I'm a little concerned about RT though.
Suffice it to say, if Lance, isn’t the QB this year and let’s say, it’s Sam Darnold, then, the Niners will have seen their Super Bowl window close.
You're presuming that Purdy is out of the picture prematurely, IMO. Surgery is so effective now; he had a baseball injury that surgeons are quite skilled with and it was a repair, not a reconstruction.
He may retire in a year or two, or he could play till he's 38. Some great tackles have played at a high level to that age.
He's 26. If he's like Frank Gore, he has a decade. At least 2 or 3 years at a high level seem likely.
Just like all the Seahawk receivers. Smith has had one good year; an amazing start then he regressed as the year went on.
And some defensive players will be paid after this upcoming year, and a rebuilding of their defensive starters will need to take place.
49ers strength is their front 7 (Kris Kocurek is the Kyle Shanahan of d-line coaches). Players love to come to SF to rebuild their careers. As long as they have Bosa, Warner and Greenlaw I suspect they can fill in.
All this sets up for Seattle to take the NFC West crown even as soon as this season with all of Seattle’s young and talented pieces.If you are a Niners fan, you are banking on this upcoming season to win it all. And if the Niners do not win this upcoming season, Seattle will reign supreme in the NFC West sooner than later. Seattle is young and talented. The Niners aren’t as young anymore.
Good luck! It should be a fun rivalry.

Weadoption

Reaction score
who the hell cares about reigning supreme in the NFC West.
I guess that gets you into the tourney, but that’s still a light blue playoff participation ribbon.
the only thing that matters is winning the NFC championship, and then it’s 1 game for all the marbles against any number of hall of fame to god mode qb’s from the AFC.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

All this sets up for Seattle to take the NFC West crown even as soon as this season with all of Seattle’s young and talented pieces.

If you are a Niners fan, you are banking on this upcoming season to win it all. And if the Niners do not win this upcoming season, Seattle will reign supreme in the NFC West sooner than later. Seattle is young and talented. The Niners aren’t as young anymore.
Lovely scenerio, but crap always seem to happen,

Torc

Reaction score
who the hell cares about reigning supreme in the NFC West.
I guess that gets you into the tourney, but that’s still a light blue playoff participation ribbon.
the only thing that matters is winning the NFC championship, and then it’s 1 game for all the marbles against any number of hall of fame to god mode qb’s from the AFC.
I would hate being a fan if success was only measured by an NFC Championship or Super Bowl. I had a ton of fun last year because the Hawks were in contention the entire year. It would REALLY suck to be a fan of a team that is always out of playoff contention 10 games into the season. Not criticizing your take on it, I just can't see paying attention to the game if that's how I looked at it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score

Immediately after the Me3 trade, I posted to make the point that 2022 and 2023 drafts will be the boost for the Hawks to bypass the Lambs and the 49-whiners who gave up early draft picks in recent trades.

With the rights choices, our Hawks are positioned to be the cream of the division for the next 4 to 6 years.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
or not. they have been terrible at 1st round picks. maybe it's a blessing.

they have SB talent and no immediate needs to replenish. I'm a little concerned about RT though.

You're presuming that Purdy is out of the picture prematurely, IMO. Surgery is so effective now; he had a baseball injury that surgeons are quite skilled with and it was a repair, not a reconstruction.

He may retire in a year or two, or he could play till he's 38. Some great tackles have played at a high level to that age.

He's 26. If he's like Frank Gore, he has a decade. At least 2 or 3 years at a high level seem likely.

Just like all the Seahawk receivers. Smith has had one good year; an amazing start then he regressed as the year went on.

49ers strength is their front 7 (Kris Kocurek is the Kyle Shanahan of d-line coaches). Players love to come to SF to rebuild their careers. As long as they have Bosa, Warner and Greenlaw I suspect they can fill in.

Good luck! It should be a fun rivalry.
Sincere question: How confident are you in the Niners this season and what are your predictions in their season?

I think the top 5 teams in the NFC are: Eagles, Niners, Seahawks, Cowboys, Lions

I think the top 5 teams in the AFC are:
Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars

But there are really only 4 teams capable of winning the Super Bowl.

6, really, 2 of these teams will lose key players to injuries leaving only 4 real contenders.

The healthiest team usually with the best depth wins the Super Bowl.

OP
OP

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Sincere question: How confident are you in the Niners this season and what are your predictions in their season?

I think the top 5 teams in the NFC are: Eagles, Niners, Seahawks, Cowboys, Lions

I think the top 5 teams in the AFC are:
Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars

But there are really only 4 teams capable of winning the Super Bowl.

6, really, 2 of these teams will lose key players to injuries leaving only 4 real contenders.

The healthiest team usually with the best depth wins the Super Bowl.

I cant argue with your choices for best teams, there are always surprise winners and losers but nobody else seems to have the QB. Might move the Jags up a bit.

TLDNR; pretty confident.

Question Marks:
  • QB: I think Darnold is going to be the week 1 QB, he had recent success with the Panthers. Purdy will take over when he's ready. Lance got the start last year because the 49ers didn't think JG could get them to the next level and they didn't know what they had in Purdy. Lance should sit and learn, improve mechanics, touch etc. Rogers and Brady both sat for 3+ years and both had a lot of college experience.
  • RT and C. A lot of 49ers fans didn't love McGlinchey because of his pedestrian pass blocking; his replacement Colton McKivitz (5th round 2020) was an effective pass blocker and Lynch hasn't pursued any other options. We'll see. The offensive line was like top 10ish last year and they've retained most of it (lost Brunskill to the Falcons at C, replacement Jake Brendel should not be much of a dropoff). Who knows, the two young guards (Burford and Banks) may get a little better.
  • Kicker: I've never seen a punter or kicker the 49ers drafted before the 6'th round that was above average. Maybe Moody will break the schneid. Kicking in Michigan should build character.
  • DBs: They lost Jimmy Ward after his best year and Emmanuel Mosely and replaced them with pedestrian free agent signings (sorry if any of you are reading this) so there should be some dropoff in the secondary. Ji'Ayir Brown (#87 pick 3rd round) could step in at safety at some point.
Awesomeness:
  • Many Pro Bowl starter types:
    • Offense: McCaffrey, Samuel, Kittle.
    • Defense: Bosa, Warner, Greenlaw, Hufanga, Hargrave.
  • Additional less heralded but excellent players:
    • Offense: Aiyuk, Jordan Mason, Juszczyk, Elijah Mitchell (if healthy).
    • Defense: Charvarious Ward, Armstead
Possible breakout players: Drake Jackson,Clelin Ferrell.

94Smith

Reaction score
They are returning 19/22 starters so I think most 49ers fans are confident

Also the comment about the lost 1st and second rounders is not a bad pill to swallow given the success of the late round picks. 2022 starting right guard 3rd round, starting slot corner 5th round, starting quarterback 7th round, 2021 starting left guard second round, starting corner 5th round, all pro safety 5th round, starting running back 6th round. All these players played last year.

49ers 2024 draft picks : 1,2,3,3,4,5,6 plus 4 compensatory picks. I would suspect a top tackle will be on the want list to be the eventual replacement for Trent Williams

This team is not going to go away easily