Misery Loves Company in Week 1

Rainger

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that half the teams in the league lost this weekend. ;)
Yup amazing. But of the 15 games 10 of the losses were by the HOME team. Including "playoff" teams like KC, Vikes, Chargers, Bengals.

The Hawks shit the bed but LA has their number 4 sure.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Steelers, Seahawks, Giants, and Bears all got throttled on their home fields. That is some miserable group that the Seahawks find themselves in.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yup amazing. But of the 15 games 10 of the losses were by the HOME team. Including "playoff" teams like KC, Vikes, Chargers, Bengals.

The Hawks shit the bed but LA has their number 4 sure.
The Bengals didn't lose at home. They played in Cleveland.

strohmin

Reaction score
Seahawks are probably the only supposedly good team that got their shit kicked in by a bad team at home. Every other team looked competitive at the very least or were already considered a bad team. This Seahawks team was over hyped and looked really bad and I dont have faith that they will get this crap cleaned up.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Jets fans be like ..

"Hold my beer"

Rogers has more wins as a Jets starting QB than he does completions, pretty impressive.

Jets are cursed.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
I think part of this issue is because the removal of the 3rd & 4th preseason games. Teams aren't getting enough game reps for their starters to get chemistry and it shows in the first few games of the season

RedAlice

Reaction score
Jets fans be like ..

"Hold my beer"

Rogers has more wins as a Jets starting QB than he does completions, pretty impressive.

Jets are cursed.

Yeah, no one got nothing right now for disappointment over Jets fans.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Week 1 is always wonky. Rookies have jitters, teams struggle to get back into game flow, etc. I don't think Burrow will put out another stinker like that this year.

That said - my biggest concern was the same issues this team faced Sunday carried over from last year (and multiple years to be honest). Cannot create pressure on D, cannot stop 3rd downs, time of possession crazy lopsided, almost zero resistance to any short/intermediate stuff, and the offense sputtering out after the other team adjusts at half time. They're 3-7 since that physical ass kicking in Germany and they look no different than they did during this stretch.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Week 1 is always wonky. Rookies have jitters, teams struggle to get back into game flow, etc. I don't think Burrow will put out another stinker like that this year.

That said - my biggest concern was the same issues this team faced Sunday carried over from last year (and multiple years to be honest). Cannot create pressure on D, cannot stop 3rd downs, time of possession crazy lopsided, almost zero resistance to any short/intermediate stuff, and the offense sputtering out after the other team adjusts at half time. They're 3-7 since that physical ass kicking in Germany and they look no different than they did during this stretch.
The thing is about the Bengals is that Cleveland owns them the Bengals entered that game 1-10-1 against the Browns in the last 12 matchups.