Luke Willson talking about THAT play

hawkman

Reaction score
chris98251":36j3usbs said:
Uncle Si":36j3usbs said:
Yeah I do t see making a mistake in play calling as cancer. Not when there were literally 50+ other opportunities in the game.

The biggest moment in sports coming down to one play and your saying it doesn't matter the OC doesn't trust your best players to make a play. They should have sang Kum Bye Yah afterword's I guess it all fine, even the coach throwing the player under the bus, even Pete having to take the hit because Bevell would never admit it was a bad call. This is after every pundit and ex player state that it was the dumbest of plays given the personnel usage and type of route called.

But hey we can sit around a campfire and drink cocoa and say no biggie and give group hugs.

The Cancer should have been irradiated, cut out and burned, even if it was a mistake it's the demeanor and the fact he threw Lockette under the bus afterword's that as a player would really burn your ass and create a respect issue.

So it really becomes trust and lack of respect.

What players resented it? Possibly Lynch, but he was given the ball with a chance to score the play before. From all I have seen and read most of the players have nothing but respect for Bev.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I'm just amazed there are still human beings on this planet who continue to defend that stupid play call. A slant route to Ricardo Lockette (one of the least experienced or trustworthy WRs in the league at that time) when you are the #1 power running team in the NFL and the Patriots are the worst power running defense in the NFL.

That was some Jedi Master stuff by Bill Belichick not calling a timeout when several of his assistants were asking for one, suckering Bevell into calling a quick pass play to stop the clock in the event of an incompletion. Belichick managed to convince that idiot Bevell to take the ball out of Marshawn Lynch's hands and throw it up to chance. Imagine how happy we would be if were Patriots fans knowing Marshawn would not be getting the ball there.

Seahawkville

Reaction score
There's like maybe 10 players left on the team from that play. It's simply the inability of the minds eye to release it. It's just a part of this modern day world that focuses on so much negativity.

If a person can't forgive and learn then they will toil in their own pit of misery. Dilly Dilly.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
hawkman":c29g610z said:
chris98251":c29g610z said:
Uncle Si":c29g610z said:
Yeah I do t see making a mistake in play calling as cancer. Not when there were literally 50+ other opportunities in the game.

The biggest moment in sports coming down to one play and your saying it doesn't matter the OC doesn't trust your best players to make a play. They should have sang Kum Bye Yah afterword's I guess it all fine, even the coach throwing the player under the bus, even Pete having to take the hit because Bevell would never admit it was a bad call. This is after every pundit and ex player state that it was the dumbest of plays given the personnel usage and type of route called.

But hey we can sit around a campfire and drink cocoa and say no biggie and give group hugs.

The Cancer should have been irradiated, cut out and burned, even if it was a mistake it's the demeanor and the fact he threw Lockette under the bus afterword's that as a player would really burn your ass and create a respect issue.

What players resented it? Possibly Lynch, but he was given the ball with a chance to score the play before. From all I have seen and read most of the players have nothing but respect for Bev.

I am willing to bet that nearly every defender from that team likely hates his guts, in addition to the backs, offensive line, etc., essentially every player who is not all about the passing game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Weird thing is....if Bevell had just owned up to it, admitted he made a terrible mistake & fallen on his sword, and then apologized to the players after apologizing to the fan base publicly?

We probably would have supported him and I am betting the resentment among the player would not have been as bad.

But because he chose instead to throw Lockette and others under the bus? I wanted his head on a pike.

The worst part is that because of that, he did not take responsibility and thus did not learn/adapt from it.

He was doing the same stupid crap in other games with nearly the same stupid results, years later. Because Bevell wants to be the smart guy in the room he ends up looking stupid. Rightfully so.

He is now gone. But the problem is, so likely is the Super Bowl window. We waited a few years to make the move, and in doing we lost a lot of our advantages, but piled up a few weaknesses now.

It would have been bearable to endure the downward slide if we had done more with the time we were great. But we squandered quite a few years of a great defense because our coach was stubborn.

We will see if we can win with the changes being made. I hope so. If not, it was an interesting run.

At least the team will be immortal a bit. I think that play still goes down at the stupidest play call in SB history.

Seahawkville

Reaction score
It's kinda like letting a world class stinky fart which does dissipate, but you will remember it's pungence.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1g00pplh said:
Weird thing is....if Bevell had just owned up to it, admitted he made a terrible mistake & fallen on his sword, and then apologized to the players after apologizing to the fan base publicly?

We probably would have supported him and I am betting the resentment among the player would not have been as bad.

But because he chose instead to throw Lockette and others under the bus? I wanted his head on a pike.

The worst part is that because of that, he did not take responsibility and thus did not learn/adapt from it.

He was doing the same stupid crap in other games with nearly the same stupid results, years later. Because Bevell wants to be the smart guy in the room he ends up looking stupid. Rightfully so.

He is now gone. But the problem is, so likely is the Super Bowl window. We waited a few years to make the move, and in doing we lost a lot of our advantages, but piled up a few weaknesses now.

It would have been bearable to endure the downward slide if we had done more with the time we were great. But we squandered quite a few years of a great defense because our coach was stubborn.

We will see if we can win with the changes being made. I hope so. If not, it was an interesting run.

At least the team will be immortal a bit. I think that play still goes down at the stupidest play call in SB history.

Yup, Bevell never admitted any fault and doubled down on his ineptitude. He blamed the player who never should have been put in that situation to begin with. Then he proceeded to ruin Jimmy Graham, using guys as blockers who simply can't block. The fullback position was totally phased out. As a result, we slowly watched the running game disintegrate under Bevell's incompetence.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1aut8drn said:
I'm just amazed there are still human beings on this planet who continue to defend that stupid play call. A slant route to Ricardo Lockette (one of the least experienced or trustworthy WRs in the league at that time) when you are the #1 power running team in the NFL and the Patriots are the worst power running defense in the NFL.

That was some Jedi Master stuff by Bill Belichick not calling a timeout when several of his assistants were asking for one, suckering Bevell into calling a quick pass play to stop the clock in the event of an incompletion. Belichick managed to convince that idiot Bevell to take the ball out of Marshawn Lynch's hands and throw it up to chance. Imagine how happy we would be if were Patriots fans knowing Marshawn would not be getting the ball there.

True.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkman":1f7sdaik said:
chris98251":1f7sdaik said:
Uncle Si":1f7sdaik said:

Well considering that this is about Luke's take on it he is one.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":3c5i822h said:
hawkman":3c5i822h said:

Well considering that this is about Luke's take on it he is one.

Uh, I'm guessing the guy that broke his hand might be another.

original poster

Reaction score
Seahawkville":4db0odil said:
There's like maybe 10 players left on the team from that play. It's simply the inability of the minds eye to release it. It's just a part of this modern day world that focuses on so much negativity.

If a person can't forgive and learn then they will toil in their own pit of misery. Dilly Dilly.

I make it 12 players, who knows how many of them are still upset about it.

Latest posts