Luke Willson talking about THAT play

12HawkFan

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1zrao1l9 said:
Uncle Si":1zrao1l9 said:
DomeHawk":1zrao1l9 said:
The players have every right to be angry about that play. The Seahawks went from dynasty status to worst-play-call-in-history status in one single play. The players worked hard to establish their legacy and the coaches blew it, not them. Listen to Willson, "it was the worst day in my life." He has a right to his feelings AND to freely express them, that is what makes this organization so great. Does that make him a whiner? Does that affect his play to this day? Absolutely not, these are professional athletes, they are motivated by their competitive nature not their vindictiveness.

Lots of people in all walks of life have things happen in life that have affected them greatly, they shouldn't have to endure being called whiners or that they should just "get over it," venting is a very human process.

Are you purposefully confusing the argument? Because it’s about how not firing coaches has somehow doomed this team the last three years. They should be angry about their crap defensive performance in the 2nd half. Or how poorly they played offense in the first. Or Wilson for the throw.

It makes no sense to point to one play as the ultimate decider in a game with a hundred plays and weeks of preparation.

None. It’s contrary to the whole spirit of team
Yep, Even the dude that was asking Luke Willson about "The Play" either A.> a non '12' that was trying to get under the skin of Seahawks fans, or B.> is amongst those fans that are fixated on the past, and don't know how to let shit go.
Fans aren't the only ones not letting go.

I have been watching Super Bowl pre-shows on 3 different networks and do you have any idea how many times that play has been mentioned, talked about in depth or watched on video replays???

More than I should have to count.

We are part of NFL history like it or not, I just can't wait until we win another one so I can get the ugly taste out of my mouth whenever I see or hear that play being mentioned just like the taste of SB40 was forever gone after we thrashed Denver in SB48.

GO HAWKS!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1yeaagbu said:
scutterhawk":1yeaagbu said:
Uncle Si":1yeaagbu said:
DomeHawk":1yeaagbu said:
The players have every right to be angry about that play. The Seahawks went from dynasty status to worst-play-call-in-history status in one single play. The players worked hard to establish their legacy and the coaches blew it, not them. Listen to Willson, "it was the worst day in my life." He has a right to his feelings AND to freely express them, that is what makes this organization so great. Does that make him a whiner? Does that affect his play to this day? Absolutely not, these are professional athletes, they are motivated by their competitive nature not their vindictiveness.

Lots of people in all walks of life have things happen in life that have affected them greatly, they shouldn't have to endure being called whiners or that they should just "get over it," venting is a very human process.

Are you purposefully confusing the argument? Because it’s about how not firing coaches has somehow doomed this team the last three years. They should be angry about their crap defensive performance in the 2nd half. Or how poorly they played offense in the first. Or Wilson for the throw.

It makes no sense to point to one play as the ultimate decider in a game with a hundred plays and weeks of preparation.

None. It’s contrary to the whole spirit of team
Yep, Even the dude that was asking Luke Willson about "The Play" either A.> a non '12' that was trying to get under the skin of Seahawks fans, or B.> is amongst those fans that are fixated on the past, and don't know how to let shit go.
Fans aren't the only ones not letting go.

I have been watching Super Bowl pre-shows on 3 different networks and do you have any idea how many times that play has been mentioned, talked about in depth or watched on video replays???

More than I should have to count.

We are part of NFL history like it or not, I just can't wait until we win another one so I can get the ugly taste out of my mouth whenever I see or hear that play being mentioned just like the taste of SB40 was forever gone after we thrashed Denver in SB48.

GO HAWKS!!!

of course.. as was Franco Harris, David Tyree, the Fridge, 28-3 (the current tag line on ESPN). It's entertainment, you're supposed to remember it.

My issue is the idea we should not hold the players and coaches to a higher standard than the fans. They can be emotional, frustrated, angry and pour all of the energy into their work, which is what professionals do. This isnt asking them not to care, but to channel their emotions to a positive. Which honestly, should be expected

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1496dg3f said:
3 pages already? Wow

Oh yes. I predict this thread will still be on the front page come draft time! (barring it getting locked by a mod, which is a very real possibility by, say, mid-February)

chris98251

Reaction score
So when your wife is sleeping with someone else and she says your not going at the relationship hard enough you will say ok sweety I will do better from now on and make it work. Otherwise your just whining?

I say this because you trust her as the players trusted the Coaches to give them the best chance to succeed and they did not.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1tibnxwa said:
So when your wife is sleeping with someone else and she says your not going at the relationship hard enough

Omg, lmao :lol:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cgb1fhj said:
pittpnthrs":3cgb1fhj said:
Uncle Si":3cgb1fhj said:
Who cares if fans get over it. The idea professional athletes paid millions to compete can’t get over losses of any magnitude is contrary to what I’d want from them.

Not me. I want players on my team to play with fire and feelings. I don't want them just playing for the paycheck and being 'Whatever' regardless if they win or lose. Never forget and you might not repeat the mistake. Goes for the coaches too.

That makes no sense and is opposite of what I’m saying.

You want sniveling, whiny players who can’t bounce back from adversity?

As long as it doesn't affect their play, I could care less if they all had a box of Kleenex beside them. I want players that are passionate and refuse to accept crappy coaching.

There was dissension in the locker room. The reasons are gone now so lets see if it helps.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Luke is a potty mouth!! (like me). ;)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3kye4tn8 said:
chris98251":3kye4tn8 said:
So when your wife is sleeping with someone else and she says your not going at the relationship hard enough

Omg, lmao :lol:

Of course you are

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":15hnjnx2 said:
So when your wife is sleeping with someone else and she says your not going at the relationship hard enough you will say ok sweety I will do better from now on and make it work. Otherwise your just whining?

I say this because you trust her as the players trusted the Coaches to give them the best chance to succeed and they did not.

Jesus.

You relate a play call to infidelity? No wonder.

But let’s go with the relationship analogy. Many make mistakes. The family moves on together.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doesn't fit your mold so discount it, it's a matter of trust, Bevell didn't trust his guys and tried to get cute, the players did not forgive him anymore then someone would trust their spouse after catching them in bed with someone else, I mean what do you do at breakfast then ask if she had a good time and what you want to do for dinner tonight and maybe suggest Bratwurst sausage?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2v5qzx2y said:
Doesn't fit your mold so discount it, it's a matter of trust, Bevell didn't trust his guys and tried to get cute, the players did not forgive him anymore then someone would trust their spouse after catching them in bed with someone else, I mean what do you do at breakfast then ask if she had a good time and what you want to do for dinner tonight and maybe suggest Bratwurst sausage?

It’s one thing to make a mistake. It’s another to lie.

So no, I’d say your example does not fit. It’s a poor metaphor. If Bevell told the patriots he was calling a pass play, sent them the play, then joined their staff after the game or went and moved into a townhome in Kirkland leaving you with 52 pissed off kids.. then sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":kksrguzn said:
chris98251":kksrguzn said:

It’s one thing to make a mistake. It’s another to lie.

So no, I’d say your example does not fit. It’s a poor metaphor

It's all about trust, regardless of situation, Bevell didn't trust his players to execute, they resented it. Just like the infidelity situation can you trust them implicitly again ?

Why it's a cancer in both situations.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yeah I dont see making a mistake in play calling as cancer. Not when there were literally 50+ other opportunities in the game. By that standard every critical mistake by every player would lead to a team breakdown, which is the opposite of team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3k07jsac said:
Yeah I do t see making a mistake in play calling as cancer. Not when there were literally 50+ other opportunities in the game.

The biggest moment in sports coming down to one play and your saying it doesn't matter the OC doesn't trust your best players to make a play. They should have sang Kum Bye Yah afterword's I guess it all fine, even the coach throwing the player under the bus, even Pete having to take the hit because Bevell would never admit it was a bad call. This is after every pundit and ex player state that it was the dumbest of plays given the personnel usage and type of route called.

But hey we can sit around a campfire and drink cocoa and say no biggie and give group hugs.

The Cancer should have been irradiated, cut out and burned, even if it was a mistake it's the demeanor and the fact he threw Lockette under the bus afterword's that as a player would really burn your ass and create a respect issue.

So it really becomes trust and lack of respect.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Who says it didn’t matter?

Honestly not sure what you’re arguing. But..you fire him then you have to drop Wilson by the same logic.. and PC for enabling both.

It matters in how everyone recovers. They did poorly.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ryh2p9o said:
If Bevell told the patriots he was calling a pass play, sent them the play,

He practically did. :D

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Players aren't over it. This current regime isn't over it. The firings came too late. The team isn't the same as it was. I wouldn't doubt the lob gets hurt again if they all do play.