Luke Willson cut...

Reaction score
No link but just heard on the Clayton show. Hopefully this is just a salary cap issue and can come back.

kidhawk

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":1t9sonta said:
No link but just heard on the Clayton show. Hopefully this is just a salary cap issue and can come back.

He really wasn't very expensive. I just think it's a matter of needing a roster spot and having an abundance of depth here.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Least we could do is spell his name right. It's Willson.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The hawks have a lot of TE with Parkinson coming back. If they aren’t trading Hollister they need roster spots.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
kidhawk":3oya87j5 said:
coorslighthawk":3oya87j5 said:

He really wasn't very expensive. I just think it's a matter of needing a roster spot and having an abundance of depth here.

That would appear to be our answer about if we're moving Hollister or not.

At the end of the day, I like it. Hollister has proven to be a stud. The kid out of Stanford who's back and taking Double L's spot hasn't yet.

I like a top 3 of Olsen, Hollister, and Dissly.

It's good depth, but we've seen that depth can go from great to a mash unit quickly.

Especially considering Olsens age and Disslys track record.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of sorry to see it, but only for sentimental reasons. He was kind of superfluous in a deep TE room.

With some key guys coming off injury, it's probably more about the roster spot than money.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think we all knew this was coming. He can find a gig somewhere I'm sure. If not, it's been a hell of a ride with Luke. Def. a leader on that team.

kidhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2q8pvtt0 said:
kidhawk":2q8pvtt0 said:
coorslighthawk":2q8pvtt0 said:

That would appear to be our answer about if we're moving Hollister or not.

At the end of the day, I like it. Hollister has proven to be a stud. The kid out of Stanford who's back and taking Double L's spot hasn't yet.

I like a top 3 of Olsen, Hollister, and Dissly.

It's good depth, but we've seen that depth can go from great to a mash unit quickly.

Especially considering Olsens age and Disslys track record.

Agreed, unless some last minute steal of a deal happens, Hollister isn't going anywhere. I know we are paying Olsen the most and he's got the history, but I actually like both Hollister and Dissly at least as much as Olsen and hopefully we can get all three some quality snaps. Willson isn't horrible, and hopefully he'll catch on somewhere, but we need the space for players expected to be playing soon

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He's gone but not necessarily for ever. If we lose a couple TE's down the road, expect him to be back.

We needed the roster space with guys getting healthy and Dunlap and Harrison needed a spot on the 53.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Too many tight ends as it is. If there are injuries I imagine they'll bring him back. I don't expect there to be much interest elsewhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Love Luke, but his ceiling was hit about three years ago.

LOTS of upside with Parkinson, and besides we could probably get Willson on the practice squad once he clears waivers. I doubt there's a big demand for him right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't we try him at DE?He's got the hair like Clay Matthews.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hopefully they put him on the Practice Squad. Olsen is old and slow. I'm sure he'll go down with an injury and Luke will be back. He's a decent blocking tight end.

rcaido

Reaction score
Should have traded Hollister for draft pick...I like both but cutting Luke gets you nothing.

sutz

Reaction score
rcaido":65jz28hm said:
Should have traded Hollister for draft pick...I like both but cutting Luke gets you nothing.
Moves like that are probably better left to the off-season.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson
That'll leave them with Greg Olsen, Will Dissly, Jacob Hollister and Parkinson at TE on their 53-man roster. They have Tyler Mabry plus TE/DE Stephen Sullivan on their practice squad, so definitely a surplus at the position. We'll see if Willson ends up back on their PS as well.
Quote Tweet

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 3h
With the Seahawks activating rookie TE Colby Parkinson, and having extra TEs on their roster, Seattle will be releasing TE Luke Willson today to get down to four TEs, per source.
10:39 AM · Nov 3, 2020·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/stat ... 9877463040

W

Welshers

Bummer. Ill never forget his insane 2 or conversion catch in the NFL championship. We would have lost if not for that. Luuuuuuuuukeeere

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":1f2a8mp3 said:

Not sure trading a 3rd string TE for a 7th round pick is better than keeping him as insurance, and who contributes on gameday.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fto9jd5 said:
rcaido":2fto9jd5 said:

Not sure trading a 3rd string TE for a 7th round pick is better than keeping him as insurance, and who contributes on gameday.

Perhaps the team couldn't find a trading partner or another team will to part with a draft pick.

Hollister will be gone after the season ends unless he agrees to a lesser contract than he presently has. He is a reliable but unsensational option at TE.