Look What The NFL Did Now

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me one bit, but it sure looks like the NFL is cooking the books again.

They dusted off the SB XL officiating crews rule-book this time.

Offensive pass interference TWICE???

And upon replays of both plays, they sure look like some home cooking is going on.

I know we should be doing better than we are but having BS calls go only one way, (not our way), sure gets old.

GO HAWKS!!!

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
I haven't been this frustrated with officiating since Feb 3, 2006. AWFUL calls today. Both OPI calls were absolutely bogus, the PI on Kam was retarded, the Facemask on Marsh was ticky tack at best, just to name a few.

Rob12

Reaction score
The "face mask" on Marsh was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uncle fester

Reaction score
You seriously wanna put the blame on the refs when the offense managed 3 points all day?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Funny enough but the same stuff lost my fantasy game today when the lions lost a touchdown over the same thing... Watch that game if you want to see a frustrating loss about on par with ours.

But yeah, i needed those points from stafford in the end.

Something in the air today i guess about opi

getnasty

Reaction score
Where they cooking the books last year when the St
Louis Rams beat us twice?

Terpdragon

Reaction score
uncle fester":34hbottp said:
You seriously wanna put the blame on the refs when the offense managed 3 points all day?
That wasn't what they were doing. They were calling out the refs on shitty calls. The late hits by mulitple rams repeatedly on Russ that were never called and other horrible non calls that should have gone against the Rams. The total uneveness of the calls is what they are talking about.
The team played horrible on all sides of game. No pressure on Kase fricken Keenan, oline horrible, coaching terrible and letting their receivers look like allstars.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
uncle fester":22gi3f5v said:

When they turn 1st downs into 1st and 20 what do you expect? Happened 3 times, killed 3 drives.

ivotuk

Reaction score
getnasty":1dxed5mz said:
Where they cooking the books last year when the St
Louis Rams beat us twice?

You're the one bringing up last year, no one else.

I think they should have called Aron Donald for planting RW. He put all of his weight in to Russell's upper body and it looked painful.

Russell is one tough dude.

baumer64

Reaction score
As I posted on the game day board... our offense certainly should have been able to put up more than 3 points. However when you receive three OPI calls, that effectively end drives into the opposing teams territory. Two of them I would certainly say took away probable FG opportunities at the least. If that had been the case, we're tied on that last drive and ONLY needing a FG at the end. Probably playing it differently. Then again, knowing Bevell's play calling, maybe wouldn't even have been close to FG at the end for the CM fumble.

What I'm saying is, yes we should have been able to score more but you can't ignore the potential scoring that I believe we were screwed out of from those horrible OPI calls. The face mask call on Marsh, I can go along with that one as you see it called often.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yeah, Seahawks will be fine.

I think the NFL was pushing for a Rams win in their home opener. Makes for a better story, and more money.

To me, the calls, and non-calls went mostly the Rams way and it's awfully suspicious. Pete had a legit gripe over that OPI on Kearse.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kamikazehawk":13qcwzo9 said:
I haven't been this frustrated with officiating since Feb 3, 2006. AWFUL calls today. Both OPI calls were absolutely bogus, the PI on Kam was retarded, the Facemask on Marsh was ticky tack at best, just to name a few.
the PI on Kam was an easy call. If he turns his head and makes just a small effort to play the ball he gets a pick

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2p7cnbox said:
Doesn't surprise me one bit, but it sure looks like the NFL is cooking the books again.

They dusted off the SB XL officiating crews rule-book this time.

Offensive pass interference TWICE???

And upon replays of both plays, they sure look like some home cooking is going on.

I know we should be doing better than we are but having BS calls go only one way, (not our way), sure gets old.

GO HAWKS!!!

You mean the Jerome Betis-Bowl ?

NOBODY was going to deny the Rams their Homecoming victory today...It should have been obvious to everyone a few days ago, when the Seahawks Power Rankings took a nose dive.

seabowl

Reaction score
The entire thought that the refs/NFL had it out for us today is ridiculous if you watched the 186 false starts by Sowell without them being called.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rob12":2suodb6i said:
The "face mask" on Marsh was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously ? You don't put your hand on the QB's damned head. Period.

Keenum was going fetal and Marsh put his hands on his head. His fingers went inside the facemask area. No, he didn't yank it, but it's still going to be called on damned near everyone. You. Just. Don't. Do. That. Period.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kamikazehawk":1y1mot3k said:

You honestly don't know much about OPI then. Lockett's call was terrible. A 180 lb guy isn't yanking a guy all the way to the ground with his hand on top of the guy's forearm.

That said, Kearse's call was completely the right call. You can't lower your shoulder and blast a guy that's in coverage to another WR. If that was let go against us, we'd be screaming bloody murder.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
If you are looking at the refs to blame this loss on, you are looking in the wrong place. There was no aggregiously incorrect calls. Were some ticky tack? sure. Was our lack of being ably to adjust for the blitz every other down more of the cause? Absolutely.

Did lockette pull the DB to the ground? No, but he did grab his arm and pull. That is OPI, like it or not.

There is no NFL conspiracy. I Watched several blatant false starts and offensive holding on our guys not called. As always, it goes both ways. Could you imagine the amount of revenue lost if just ONE ref came out and said the head office told him to favor one team or the other? This conspiracy theory is totally ridiculous. Our lack of offensive strategy coming into the game and inability to realize it and adjust was why we lost. And we absolutely deserved to lose not only this game, but the last one as well. You can only get lucky once in a while. You can't bank on it.