Lions forums....

detroithawk

Reaction score
Just a quick message from Detroit I'm not particularly a fan of the Lions but wanted to pass along what they are writing in their forums about this week's game basically goes like this, well Detroit's going to win this game I've already put it in the W column there's nothing really to discuss hopefully the Seahawks can play well because you're not getting any respect from the Lions fans

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Few of us expect to win it, and we are the homers.

That said, the Lions like to let people back into games (see almost every game played this year). Love their coach but the defense falls apart near the end. Vikings are a good example of that and I think you have one more game the Lions tried to lose this year.
Nobody can fault Lions fans for thinking that a team that literally looks like one of the worst in the league might be beatable.

Seems reasonable to me.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Lions will kick our ass unless coaching focuses on exploiting defenses with Colby Parkinson. It's that simple really. Hellava player under utilized but very much key to offensive and overall success.

Rat

Reaction score
We're the easiest game left on their schedule (unless the Bears lose a few defensive starters), but if any team is going to find some previously unfathomable way to blow the win, it's the Lions.

nanomoz

Reaction score
We're the easiest game left on their schedule (unless the Bears lose a few defensive starters), but if any team is going to find some previously unfathomable way to blow the win, it's the Lions.
Any Lions fan that denies this needs a lobotomy.

Also, I'm going to need a lobotomy if Swift averages 8.3 yards per carry this week.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Just a quick message from Detroit I'm not particularly a fan of the Lions but wanted to pass along what they are writing in their forums about this week's game basically goes like this, well Detroit's going to win this game I've already put it in the W column there's nothing really to discuss hopefully the Seahawks can play well because you're not getting any respect from the Lions fans
I hear ya. Because the Detroit Lions are perennial contenders with a winning tradition. The have earned this right!!!

Well oiled machine .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With the historically bad history of the Lions, this is hilarious. Very few teams have found more ways to give away games. So now it's just a guaranteed win for the Lions.
I like the Lions, I think they are on the rise. But that is one clueless fanbase if they think this is just some gimme win.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The Lions are a young high effort team. It will be interesting to see how the Seahawks respond. There has been some loafing on defense and the worst offender is Darrell Taylor. I think he will see fewer snaps this week. Especially on first and second down.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I'm a Seahawks fan but I live in Lions territory and although the Lions have found ways to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory in the past, this years team seems different. Yes they blew the game in Minnesota but the Vikings are actually pretty good and if Campbell had gone for it on 4th and 4 to ice the game, like he had been doing earlier in the game, they would have won.

They hung with Philly week 1 and beat Washington week 2.

They're offense is pretty good even with Goff but they're defense is the weaker side. They need better linebackers and more help in the secondary. Okudah is pretty good at corner and Rodriguez is a pretty good linebacker but the rest are meh. The other corner opposite Okudah, Oruwariye, had 7 penalties for 60 yards on Sunday!

I think Geno, Lockett and Penny could have good games and win this on the road but they have to minimize turnovers.

Last edited:

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Lions have scored over 35 points in two out of their 3 games. They very well could score 40 this Sunday.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Lions D is almost as bad the 'Hawks when it comes to giving up points and failing to stop teams on 3rd down and they are the worst in the league in the Red Zone.

I'm not saying the 'Hawks win it, but it's not going to be a cakewalk for Detroit. I think there is a good chance that the game looks like the Atlanta game (unfortunately) where we trade points a lot.

My hope, however, is that our defense comes out looking way more disciplined and with much more of an identity than we have the past three games and it's a completely different situation. But that's just the homer in me.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Per Football Outsiders the teams DVOA's:

Lions #19 against the pass & #21 against the rush
Seahawks #30 against the pass & #14 against the rush

Lions #12 passing & #7 rushing
Seahawks #10 passing & #20 rushing

bmorepunk

Reaction score
fivethirtyeight probability for Lions win is 61% right now.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Swift is likely out on Sunday. As well as their top WR. Just sayin
Swift is questionable but they have Jamal Williams, who is pretty good. Brown is their top WR and is also questionable but they have Chark who is decent and Hockenson (TE).

The Hawks should be able to run and throw against a suspect Lions defense but at the same time the Lions could pick apart the Hawks secondary.