Lions/9ers

hawkfan68

Reaction score
After watching the 2nd half of Lions and 49ers NFCCG, I hope the Commanders hire Ben Johnson. That 2nd half Lions' offense was pathetic.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno would be a star on that team for sure!

Meh I know you’re having fun with this but I’m not so sure. Purdy showed today you gotta be able to run when nothing is there and Geno just doesn’t do it as much or as efficiently

Torc

Reaction score
The worst part of this is it's proof conclusive that Brock Purdy is EASILY, Tom Brady caliber. He will be our nemesis for the next ten years. We will be lucky to ever beat them until his career is over.
Nah. After next year he'll be making $50million+ rather than the pittance he's making now. They're going to go through what every team does when their franchise QB is no longer on a rookie deal.

I can't wait to watch the whiner fans being the ones talking about "he doesn't deserve that much, it's just Kyle's system making him look good". :p

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Mid lin? Isn’t it ranked next to Seattles and that’s your first argument for what holds Geno back?
If you look at raw pressures allowed, San Francisco is 5th and Seattle is 24th.

If you look as pressure percentage allowed, San Francisco is 14th and Seattle is 27th. San Francisco allows a pressure on almost 5% less of their snaps, which is about 20% less often than Seattle.

If you look as pass block win rate, San Francisco is 20th and Seattle is 25th.

If you look at pocket time which is an average of the time to either throw the ball OR until a pressure is recorded, San Francisco is tied for first at 2.7 and Seattle is bottom half of the league at 2.4.

If you look at raw hurries allowed, San Francisco is 7th best in the league. Seattle is the very worst at 32nd overall.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Glad you were all able to help me enjoy the pain agony and torture. It was a lot funner with you all.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pass block win rate is a much better stat for obvious reasons and like I said they aren’t good, I also said earlier in the thread Seattle needs to get better too, both lines are bad.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Louis Riddick, Acho, and others are talked about it the past 15 minutes. I’ll never understand the Purdy hate lol. Sure all the plays he made today were because of everyone but him. His numbers, clutch plays, come from behind win in the conference championship all because of everyone else. And the dude is in his second year in the league
There it is again. The strawman.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Meh I know you’re having fun with this but I’m not so sure. Purdy showed today you gotta be able to run when nothing is there and Geno just doesn’t do it as much or as efficiently
I think Geno would do well. Best rb in the game..smart coaching..great defense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If you look at raw pressures allowed, San Francisco is 5th and Seattle is 24th.

If you look as pressure percentage allowed, San Francisco is 14th and Seattle is 27th. San Francisco allows a pressure on almost 5% less of their snaps, which is about 20% less often than Seattle.

If you look as pass block win rate, San Francisco is 20th and Seattle is 25th.

If you look at pocket time which is an average of the time to either throw the ball OR until a pressure is recorded, San Francisco is tied for first at 2.7 and Seattle is bottom half of the league at 2.4.

If you look at raw hurries allowed, San Francisco is 7th best in the league. Seattle is the very worst at 32nd overall.

View attachment 64076
You’re on Reddit right? Someone takes every metric from every major site and compile them. Hint Niners are bad and the Seahawks are bad. You said Purdy is good because the whole system around him is incredible. I showed you it’s not. And even if it was Purdy still makes a ton of plays and is better than you give him credit for

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The wheels are going to come off in Detroit next season. That was a choke job, plain and simple.

And the coach. Well, not the smartest decisions today. He's also the type that doubles down on his mistakes instead of learning from them.

getnasty

Reaction score
After watching the 2nd half of Lions and 49ers NFCCG, I hope the Commanders hire Ben Johnson. That 2nd half Lions' offense was pathetic.
Tons of drops. If Campbell kicks the FG's they have 13 points and punt once. If that's pathetic against I'll take my chances on him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pass block win rate is a much better stat for obvious reasons and like I said they aren’t good, I also said earlier in the thread Seattle needs to get better too, both lines are bad.
Pass block win rate is a single stat that captures a narrow situation, which is "how often was a pressure recorded in 2.5 seconds or less?"

If you're calling that a better, more complete stat than a combined view of the amount of pressures allowed, the percentage of snaps on which a pressure was allowed, overall pocket time, and hurries allowed, then I don't know how we can even continue from here on a good faith discussion.