Life Without Sherman--Discussion of Options Moving Forward..

12thbrah

Reaction score
We need that pass rush to step up. Pressure on the QB can cover up a lot of holes in your secondary.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think it is now time to start moving on from Sherman. He has been great but he is also on the decline. If you look at our team objectively, we are not winning a Super Bowl even before yesterday's injuries. Defense is aging and our offense is terrible. Might be time to start a slow rebuild and Sherman is no longer worth the price to this team.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
12thbrah":1r1dfh8i said:
We need that pass rush to step up. Pressure on the QB can cover up a lot of holes in your secondary.

Agreed ... and if this defense is going to be successful (for the rest of this season and IF they are going to make a playoff push) ... that is EXACTLY what we are going to need. Was liking the little that I saw from Dion Jordan yesterday. Hopefully he's going to be another guy whom they can throw there in the rotation and keep the pressure on. That's actually a major strength area of this team right now (depth in terms of pass rushers). And BOY ... are they certainly going to need it moving forward.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Why is no one talking about Richard Sherman playing his final game as a Seahawk? I'd venture to guess thats more likely to happen than anything else, we can't afford him and he's old.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3vyvy9d2 said:
Why is no one talking about Richard Sherman playing his final game as a Seahawk? I'd venture to guess thats more likely to happen than anything else, we can't afford him and he's old.

Well I most certainly mentioned that's quite possible (see my initial post above). The facts are that Richard Sherman will be entering into the final year of his contract next season. For 2018, he is scheduled to make $11 million and his cap hit will be $13.2 million. And oh, by the way, he'll also be 30 years old. Factor in there too that besides the fact that he's been a shutdown corner, he's also been a loose cannon who's at times brought negative attention both to himself and to this team at times.

Now, do I believe that he's likely played his last game as a Seahawk? Hmmm ... let me just say that I believe he's likely played his last game as a Seahawk at those contract numbers. I'm thinking that this offseason, John Schneider and company are going to revisit Sherman and his contract. If the Seahawks and he can work out a deal that's a bit more team friendly for (an admittedly all world player) who's going to be in his 30s ... then I think there's a shot that he stays. If not (and I think this much more likely), then I hate to say this, but he's probably gone. Just my .02.

Latest posts