Lets get rid of Griffin and Adams try to rebuild.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Griffin is a 100% needs to go. He's tied 37th most receptions allowed by a Corner Back this season...

Jamal Adams no matter how much hustle he has he just isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl.

He seems to be so focused on just performing better than the worst team in the league (the jets) that he wants to light victory cigars before even 1 playoff win?

GET HIM OUT!!!

He is not what he seems, he's a selfish arrogant guy who plays in a position that doesn't even make sense... there is a reason why he has most sacks by a DB, he can't cover worth a dang!
he seems more embarrassed about not being able to catch an easy interception to the point he won't even ATTEMPT to contest easy balls...

That floating duck wobbly pass from GOFF should of been easily deflected or more likely intercepted by an average NFL Strong Safety... Kam Chancellor would of made that play in his sleep lets be honest. IT WAS AN EZ BALL...

Jamal Adams has confidence issues he didn't wanna attempt to catch it so he just swatted at it with his bum shoulders, game losing play like usual... he misses so many tackles too. He gives good effort if he knows he can make the play but if he doubts himself he's a liability... I say we let him go....

Griffin too is super overrated not very good, they both gotta go too expensive.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I say fire sale.

Trade Adams, Bobby, Wilson and try to take in as much picks as possible. Trim any fatty contracts and get some cap. The Seahawks roster is bloated, they have only 4 picks this year and 6mil in cap.

rcaido

Reaction score
Went 12-4 GET RID OF THEM ALL! ALL THIS DURING A PANDEMIC! :pukeface:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Our roster is good, the problem lies in the hands of our coaching staff -- mainly the guy in charge. We lost because we were out coached, it wasn't a talent issue. Rebuilding won't change a thing, even if we did a firesale we would never be able to rebuild the 2013 team. That team was historically good and it even had one of the highest overall DVOA scores of all time. It certainly is the best defense of the decade.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
:177692: :34853_doh:
Good gawd how I hate fantasy football and Madden.

I’d rather rebuild the coaching staff. Start with firing both coordinators and keep Pete’s hand out of the offensive cookie jar.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":39cekx2q said:
Our roster is good, the problem lies in the hands of our coaching staff -- mainly the guy in charge. We lost because we were out coached, it wasn't a talent issue. Rebuilding won't change a thing, even if we did a firesale we would never be able to rebuild the 2013 team. That team was historically good and it even had one of the highest overall DVOA scores of all time. It certainly is the best defense of the decade.
This.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JGreen79":20v5doqh said:
Lets replace them with Kelly Jennings and Etric Pruitt.
Kelly Jennings was below average. Let’s not pretend Jennings was an all-pro. The other guy was garbage as well.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5eoyqt6u said:
JGreen79":5eoyqt6u said:
Kelly Jennings was below average. Let’s not pretend Jennings was an all-pro. The other guy was garbage as well.

I feel as if you missed the sarcasm

Forthewin

Reaction score
Adams was the highest impact player on the team. Yes, even above the LBs! You don't give that up, you build around it. Lets face it...The Hawks are not winning the Super Bowl next year. Lets relax, do a smart build up and go for it all in 2022!

xray

Reaction score
The roster was full of above average talent including some elite players as well . When a team has the pieces to go deep or all the way in post season but go home early several times it's not the players . The common denominator is post season coaching . IMO

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Whether our roster is full of scrubs or full of probowlers doesnt matter. Our coach will make sure they never go far in playoffs

mistaowen

Reaction score
Adams is a guy you build the defensive core around, I don't know why we'd want to get rid of him. His coverage improved over the year which was his main knock. He brings the swagger and intensity that has been missing since that horrible AZ game where the LOB died and was one of the main highlights for that unit. He single handedly stopped drives multiple times this year. Played through two surgery requiring injuries this weekend too.

Griffin I couldn't care either way. If he wants 10+ mil a year, adios. If he will take a modest deal, sure bring him back. He has talent to be a #1 CB but takes plays off way too often. Doesn't get dirty in the run game. Jogs in coverage. Taunts when not impacting the play at all. There's no way Pete (a DB guy) can watch film and be happy with his play a lot of the time, there's just no one else on the roster to play that spot.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2fvx31rh said:

Building a team of that caliber is what made me believe in Pete. For whatever reason, the moves and draft picks they made in 2010, 2011, and 2012 were on fire. Was it really mostly luck? Sometimes I wonder if their strategy changed for the worse once they solidified several positions and were no longer in 'rebuild' mode.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Heres what we need to do as a defense and offense. No one is leaving besides a handful of free agents that are replaceable anyway.

Fa staying-Wright, hollister, dunlap, Adam's, neal, carson to name a few. We can probably add a few more I missed, but they are pretty much the only ones worth of keeping around because of their play.

FA LEAVING-the rest i didnt name. Olsen, hyde, irvin etc. Shell and ogbuehi too.

DEFENSE needs to switch scheme to 34 and maintain the same consistency of players on the field all times.

Dt
Lj, Green, taylor
Nt
Reed, Poona, mone
Dt
Dunlap, robinson, FA
Lolb weak side
Adams(not really a safety anyway), FA similar to his style with heavier build. Someone who has blitzing/rbs intincts, but can play in coverage also.
Mlb
Wagner, brooks starting. barton, burr-kirven backups.
Rolb strong side
Wright, FA similar to his playstyle for playing the backs in coverage and point of attack.
LcB
Reed, flowers, FA or draft
Rcb
FA or draft
Ncb
Blair, amadi
Fs
Diggs, amadi
Ss
Neal, blair

That's it. I gurantee our defense will be leaps and bounds better then they were performing at year end.
You have to put your team in position to win and this is it. Putting all your playmakers on the field at once.

OFFENSE

Only thing that needs to change.

Lt
Draft or FA
Lg
Draft or FA
C
Draft or FA
Rg
Lewis, haynes, jones
RT
Draft or FA. Not even shell. Who.played well in run but inconsistent in pass coverage.

Te
Dissly, hollister, Parkinson
Wr
Lockett, metcalf, moore, swain, ursua
Rb
Carson, penny, dallas, homer
Fb
Actually get one resembling mack strong etc.
Qb
For all you haters...you know what it is...wilson all day, whoever's for backup

Offense needs pass blockers who can also run block occasionally. Not run blockers who attempt to pass block. Our offense is fine personnel wise. What we need to do is base our offense around strength running as show, but mainly let russ diagnose defense and decide of run or pass called will work. Audible.

In addition...no more five reciever sets. Use I form, weak and strong formations. Both as run and pass. Throw in some single back and then shotgun of course. Use short and intermediate routes , dbl te and a dam fb as an extra blocker. No long developing plays. Something they also got away from this year was bringing in a 6th lineman to control the line of scrimmage. That needs to come back asap.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2rmprjzi said:
Sports Hernia":2rmprjzi said:
JGreen79":2rmprjzi said:

I feel as if you missed the sarcasm
It wouldn’t be the first time, or likely the last. :oops:

PackerNation

Reaction score
I don't think you need to rebuild at all, you already have a good core of pieces at the right positions to make another Super Bowl run and add another trophy to your case.

You should have beat the Rams and Wilson played another subpar playoff game. Work to add a few more players and upgrade the team but "fire sale" should not even be in the discussion.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PackerNation":3mdvny7s said:
I don't think you need to rebuild at all, you already have a good core of pieces at the right positions to make another Super Bowl run and add another trophy to your case.

You should have beat the Rams and Wilson played another subpar playoff game. Work to add a few more players and upgrade the team but "fire sale" should not even be in the discussion.

Most of the fandom has lost their minds and desperately wants 3-13.