Lessons learned from the Goon

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Now I understand some of our members dislike to Breno "The Goon" Giacomini, but when he is back playing right tackle this Sunday, I think we will all learn to appreciate his play and embrace his brash attitude.

jhawk91

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":2b7qiotw said:
Now I understand some of our members dislike to Breno "The Goon" Giacomini, but when he is back playing right tackle this Sunday, I think we will all learn to appreciate his play and embrace his brash attitude.

Wha? I actually like Breno. The penalties are kind of an annoyance, but he seemed to be doing a bit better of a job with that and doing a good job of getting in opponants heads and gettin them to draw penalties.

OP
OP
K

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
jhawk91":6fjmitco said:
KitsapHawk":6fjmitco said:

Wha? I actually like Breno. The penalties are kind of an annoyance, but he seemed to be doing a bit better of a job with that and doing a good job of getting in opponants heads and gettin them to draw penalties.

notice how I said "some" and not every single person on this web

razgriz737

Reaction score
I will admit I wasn't a fan when he was racking up all of those penalties, but he seems to have dialed it back.

The Radish

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Last I heard he might be out for longer. Hadn't seen anything about him being back this week.

:les:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yes I have a better understanding of his value now. When your QB is receiving cheap shots you got to have a goon to take up for him.

Canhawks

Reaction score
So it's official,Breno is now known as the "Goon"?.....I like it 8)

streets24

Reaction score
he brings the pain for his quarterback and his teammates. we already have bee having stupid penalties all year with who we have in there. so if he comes in and slaps a dude around to make a point so be it. we actually need more BRENO'S on our line. GO HAWKS!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He has evolved into a very controlled player the last two years. I think Pete drilled it into him that you dont win championships by spotting your enemy 100 yards a game in penalties.

Breno+Okung=1 more second for Russell Wilson to destroy opponents!

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Breno brings a little 'tude to the OL. Didn't like it at first but I've really grown to dig it.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I loved this guy from day one, as the Seahawks have always been soft. He has done a much better job on the penalties and has improved his play every season.

Johnny

Reaction score
I love Breno!!!

He is a solid RT for us.... He is nowhere near a pro bowl player, but he gets the job done... The only thing I have ever hand against Breno is all the dang penalties...

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Any goon that charges down field, blows the top off the pile, then proceeds to toss defenders aside like he's digging for his boxer shorts at the bottom of the hamper so that he can grab his QB or RB off the carpet, stand them up, brush them off and give them a big hug is okay by me... He might be a big goon but he's our big goon!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3o62r9p1 said:
Any goon that charges down field, blows the top off the pile, then proceeds to toss defenders aside like he's digging for his boxer shorts at the bottom of the hamper so that he can grab his QB or RB off the carpet, stand them up, brush them off and give them a big hug is okay by me.

*Descriptive Post of the Day*

Breno reminds me of the Abominable Snow Rabbit from Looney Tunes.

Chuckjonesabsm2

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2mwg7efb said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2mwg7efb said:
He has evolved into a very controlled player the last two years.
Uh, what? Giacomini was incredibly uncontrolled last year. Okung as well, in regards to penalties. Both near the top of the entire league for 2012.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-players.php?&year=2012

Most of Breno's penalties came earlier in the year last year. He has seemed to have grown out of them, at least for the most part. I think before he was hurt this year, he may have been responsible for more yards gained through unsportsmanlike conduct calls to the other team's D than anyone.

I would never call Breno an all pro, but he is a solid player and does exude a certain attitude on the field that Cable seems to like in his players. He also is a guy who gives you everything he has through the whistle. It's not often you see Breno "taking a break".

As for the "goon" reference, I think it's a funny coincidence that I had always heard of Breno as a fierce competitor with a nasty attitude and other such descriptors, then in the game on Sunday, they describe him as our "goon on offense" and now people decide to ride that band wagon. Personally I wouldn't call him a goon myself. I just think he has that mindset that Cable likes to instill in his Linemen and it's that attitude that helps make our line what it can be when everyone is healthy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":98p320vq said:
Most of Breno's penalties came earlier in the year last year.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/b-gi ... ?year=2012

5 of his 12 came in week 9 or later. Not as many in the second half, but he hardly got rid of the problem. We'll see if it's solved or not going forward through the playoffs and into next season, but I'm far from convinced at this point. Three in one game against St. Louis last year skews it a bit, too.