Leadership

kearly

Reaction score
For me it's Robert Turbin. I remember seeing that video of him at Utah State before the draft last year where he talked about how he'd always make the block, how he'd always catch the ball- he was a guy you could depend on and he wanted you to know that. That's the kind of impression I try to give with people on the job. I may not be the best, but you can always count on me to get the job done, put in the extra work, and show up when someone needs to step up to fill a void. Hearing that from Turbin definitely resonated with me. Is that leadership? I think responsibility and dependability and having a great attitude are forms of leadership by example.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I think Antoine Winfield will immediately become a leader of this team. If he makes the kind of plays that he made in Minnesota, he'll instantly be revered in this town. If he plays the way he did in Minnesota, even guys like Russell Wilson will draw inspiration from his play. The fact that he's going to be 36 and having gone 14 years without a ring will make people respect him even more. Especially in Seattle.

This guy has played 14 seasons in the NFL and never won a ring and despite that he chooses to play for Seattle for his last chance at a ring, despite the fact that they've never won a ring either, because he thinks they give him the best chance to win one. That right there should tell you all you need to know about the job Pete Carroll and John Schneider have done since they've been here. We've gone from the NFL's barren outpost to destination numero uno within the blink of an eye. 2010 seems like decades ago because these guys sold me the future and it actually came true, but the memories of BeastQuake are still SO real. I still can't believe that this is happening to my favorite sports team of all-time, especially considering the history of this team. It almost defies logic at this point. Just so many amazing moves.

Sorry. Hard for me to keep my train of thought right now, I'm just too hyped. Point is, Antoine Winfield is going to be a leader out there. And like kearly in the work place, he's going to lead by example.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'm going off on a weird limb and saying Heath Evans is a great locker room presence.

What he does on ST, is something that you don't see with a lot of teams. Every since Real Rob talked to him about getting every tackle on kickoffs, I started looking out for him. Sure enough, he was pretty much the first guy there or making the tackle, a lot of the time. I think the effort he puts out every week echoes throughout the locker. I would love to see what some other players (beside Mike Rob) have to say about Evans. He may not be a vocal leader, but he definitely leads by his actions on the field (reminiscent of Earl Thomas).

Lord, I hope this makes sense in the morning... :179417:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3t0y4djn said:
I'm going off on a weird limb and saying Heath Evans is a great locker room presence.

What he does on ST, is something that you don't see with a lot of teams. Every since Real Rob talked to him about getting every tackle on kickoffs, I started looking out for him. Sure enough, he was pretty much the first guy there or making the tackle, a lot of the time. I think the effort he puts out every week echoes throughout the locker. I would love to see what some other players (beside Mike Rob) have to say about Evans. He may not be a vocal leader, but he definitely leads by his actions on the field (reminiscent of Earl Thomas).

Are you talking about Heath Farwell?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3cmwcnan said:
SouthSoundHawk":3cmwcnan said:

Are you talking about Heath Farwell?
I think he is and therefore my friend, it didn't make sense in the morning......but it had a chance. LMAO ;)

Latest posts