Latest from Michael Bennett - Will test Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Bennett will test free agency, according to Adam Schefter.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The tweet referenced above:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Seattle DE Michael Bennett will be testing the free agent market and will not be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11th, per source.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Reportedly Hawks gave him an offer. Bennett will let the offer sit to see if he can get a better deal in the market. Some talk of Bennett giving a handshake deal to let Seattle match if willing.

2_0_6

Reaction score
meh. I have a feeling that the Hawks will match whatever offer he receives from another team as long as it doesn't pull from other areas.

In JS & PC we trust.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2lit4vd2 said:
The tweet referenced above:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Seattle DE Michael Bennett will be testing the free agent market and will not be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11th, per source.

Had a feeling. Must be asking a LOT.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Pretty good sign he won't be back in my opinion. Too many teams with too much cap space. Hawks are looking two or three years down the road and know they can overpay anyone at this point. Also why they have held on to Clemons this whole time.

davidonmi

Reaction score
fine, if he would rather sign and get 9 million from oakland instead of 8 from seattle he can go ahead and do that.
This team was not built overpaying for FA's, however if he is let go I think Allen becomes even more of an option

Jville

Reaction score
Why would the news that they are going to test Bennett's market value surprise anyone?

I hope all are prepared for Golden Tate to do the same.

davidonmi

Reaction score
If bennett does leave resigning McDonald is almost a must, have to get some pressure up the middle

Dtowers

Reaction score
davidonmi":3ky00pah said:
fine, if he would rather sign and get 9 million from oakland instead of 8 from seattle he can go ahead and do that.
This team was not built overpaying for FA's, however if he is let go I think Allen becomes even more of an option

Actually we have overpaid quite a few free agents to come here in PV/JS's time.

But you are right a few options out there that may work out. Ware may be released as well.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
He'll get 10M+ from JAC, OAK, or CLE. Hey, he's got his ring, and he was an undrafted player that still hasn't hit on a big payday. I have no hate for him.

I feel good about using some of that cash to re-sign Clinton McDonald, though. Can we make sure to do that?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bennett was always going to at least test free agency. It doesn't mean he's gone.

Dtowers

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":5s32cbic said:
Bennett was always going to at least test free agency. It doesn't mean he's gone.

If he makes it to market he is gone. No other way around it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Dtowers":3sw8ulym said:
MontanaHawk05":3sw8ulym said:

If he makes it to market he is gone. No other way around it.

If that's the case then we never had a chance to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.