Latest from Michael Bennett - Will test Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His imitation of RW is an all time classic though. He couldn't get reservations at a local place. Called back and said he was RW, and they hooked him up. So damn funny.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
BlueBlood":hyhy29bc said:
MidwestHawker":hyhy29bc said:
What did he say when you ran into him?

He said "what it do?" to my 8 year old son who looked at me and said "what did he say dad?"

Then I complimtented him on his being a Seahawk and he seemed less than thrilled and had just a general attitude of not giving a crap. I just assumed he was stupid.

He spoke in some slang you don't use, so he's an idiot. I get it.

Good thing you decided to take away that Bennett is dumb instead of teaching your son (and yourself) that not everyone is like you and it's ok to be different.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines

mikeak

Reaction score
He didn't get the long-term offers he thought he was worth last year

So he elected to play for a contender for a pretty damn good dollar value (low for Seahawks) on a one year contract

Seahawks elected to take him for one year to help the team with Clemons out for the beginning of the year

Seahawks showed the class and probably followed what they originally promised - they did not franchise Bennett

Bennett got out of it what he wanted and promised - gave it all, showcased his skill, helped win a Superbowl

Now he is going for what he wanted all along. The one big contract he will get long-term security

I hope he ends up coming back to the Seahawks but if not - good luck in the future and thank you for what you brought to the table.

In addition Seahawks just told other guys - we are a class organization. We took you for a year, you helped us and we treated you fairly by trying to get a deal in place and when that didn't happen we didn't franchise tag you which would really have been screwing Bennett.

There are lots of teams out there that renegotiate deals / promise deals etc and then they cut players. We did the right thing, Bennett is doing the right thing

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1am840bq said:
Yeah, I definitely think most here get it too. That's why we have people lining up to beat down the likes of BlueBlood for his misguided opinion on the matter. Obviously it's of the utmost to throat-stomp those who don't get it.

Yes, it's unfortunate that people always seem to find any excuse to pile on to someone.

I may disagree with blueblood, but I don't find it necessary to jump all over him about it because I wasn't there and have no idea what was said or how things went down. Maybe MB was in a bad mood, or maybe he felt like being an ass because he is tired of people invading his space. I have no idea, but it's not my place to sit here and judge either blueblood or michael bennett.

This thread has strayed from the original topic.

Great discussion going on here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91076

Status
Not open for further replies.