Latest from Michael Bennett - Will test Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bennett helped the team win the Superbowl, period. May be a stupid decision imo if he leaves, but as far as not liking him personally, can't do it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":28lr2itl said:
lukerguy":28lr2itl said:
The 9ers are 4 under the cap and can save 14 M by cutting gore, Rogers, and Dorsey

????

They're 15 million under the cap as of right now. If they just cut Rogers that gets them up to 20 million (his cap hit is 8 but it would leave 3 in dead money).

They're still not signing Bennett, though. ;)

15 doesn't count Boldin who is about 4...so 11 is probably more accurate.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lukerguy":4octmzd1 said:
Popeyejones":4octmzd1 said:
lukerguy":4octmzd1 said:
The 9ers are 4 under the cap and can save 14 M by cutting gore, Rogers, and Dorsey

????

They're 15 million under the cap as of right now. If they just cut Rogers that gets them up to 20 million (his cap hit is 8 but it would leave 3 in dead money).

They're still not signing Bennett, though. ;)
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=49ers&Year=2014

Did you count dead money?

um....you just quoted a website that give essentially the same number we did. He's saying 15 only because he hasn't counted Boldin yet.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I just wish there was a little more respect from that one dude for a guy that played his behind off while he was here and helped us win a Super Bowl (even if you want to claim he did it because he was in a contract year).

Also, I wish people weren't so sanctimonious about the choices other people make with their careers. Most people here are great about understanding those things, though.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":14m5vzp4 said:
I just wish there was a little more respect from that one dude for a guy that played his behind off while he was here and helped us win a Super Bowl (even if you want to claim he did it because he was in a contract year).

Also, I wish people weren't so sanctimonious about the choices other people make with their careers. Most people here are great about understanding those things, though.

I feel the majority and level headed get it. There are many things to consider but if the guy across the street gives me more financial security I would go across the street as would most. On that note most employers get and respect that decision as well. Unless theyre idiots.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Man, it'd be kind of hilarious if SF blew $10M in cap on Bennett. He doesn't fit anywhere on their defense. Yes, please spend that money on a 4-3 D-lineman instead of a cornerback, safetey, interior O-lineman, WR... oh, and let Kap or Crabtree go to market, too, because you blew their extension $.

Have to imagine Baalke is smarter than that.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely think most here get it too. That's why we have people lining up to beat down the likes of BlueBlood for his misguided opinion on the matter. Obviously it's of the utmost to throat-stomp those who don't get it.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":15sj972n said:
What did he say when you ran into him?

He said "what it do?" to my 8 year old son who looked at me and said "what did he say dad?"

Then I complimtented him on his being a Seahawk and he seemed less than thrilled and had just a general attitude of not giving a crap. I just assumed he was stupid.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1c0sjdx3 said:
Smelly McUgly":1c0sjdx3 said:

I feel the majority and level headed get it. There are many things to consider but if the guy across the street gives me more financial security I would go across the street as would most. On that note most employers get and respect that decision as well. Unless theyre idiots.

I'm really struggling to understand the negativity that some are directing towards Bennett too. We didn't give him his desired contract last year. We gave him a chance to showcase his skills and increase his perceived value. Now that he's used that opportunity to blow the doors off people are getting upset that he's not taking the first offer we give him?

I'm hoping that Schneider is going to match the highest bid, because I think Bennett is a rare talent, but if the offer is too high you can only doff your cap to Bennett for making the most of the opportunity.

Subzero717

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3sf0w1z8 said:
Yeah, I definitely think most here get it too. That's why we have people lining up to beat down the likes of BlueBlood for his misguided opinion on the matter. Obviously it's of the utmost to throat-stomp those who don't get it.

Some disagree with Bennet. Calling a guy an idiot that you've never met is moronic.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
He's going to have to weigh a blockbuster deal on a team that will be out of contention for the playoffs by week 4, see JAX, OAK, CLE, versus playing for a Super Bowl repeat.

Can't believe a few million more a year is worth playing on a perennial loser.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3ul0x70a said:
MidwestHawker":3ul0x70a said:

He said "what it do?" to my 8 year old son who looked at me and said "what did he say dad?"

Then I complimtented him on his being a Seahawk and he seemed less than thrilled and had just a general attitude of not giving a crap. I just assumed he was stupid.

I fail to see how any of this makes him an "idiot." I also hate the fact that some fans expect athletes to be "on" all the time. Sometimes people want to be left alone. He was gracious enough to greet your son, which would be a big deal in itself for most folks.

jblaze

Reaction score
So much rampant and illogical speculation.

The niners are not going after Tate, Boldin is the exact same type of #2 receiver.

The niners are not going after ADB, no one would give up a second round pick for a #3 or #4 receiver especially in this deep WR draft.

The niners are not going after Bennett. If anything, they're just trying to raise the bidding war but that is futile in and of itself because we have a number on him and we won't get emotional and overspend in a bidding war like others would. Also he does not fit their scheme and they're pretty set at DE as it is.

Florio is just throwing crap out there to get clicks because he knows it will rile up illogical/emotional readers.

Nothing to see here, move along...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3fkvrd9y said:
Man, it'd be kind of hilarious if SF blew $10M in cap on Bennett. He doesn't fit anywhere on their defense. Yes, please spend that money on a 4-3 D-lineman instead of a cornerback, safetey, interior O-lineman, WR... oh, and let Kap or Crabtree go to market, too, because you blew their extension $.

Have to imagine Baalke is smarter than that.

This. We should all laugh if SF signs him. He doesn't fit their D and he will be misused if he went there.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":37cw4oee said:
MidwestHawker":37cw4oee said:

Some disagree with Bennet. Calling a guy an idiot that you've never met is moronic.

I did meet the guy. Hes dumb.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
DavidSeven":k65kdq1e said:
I fail to see how any of this makes him an "idiot." I also hate the fact that some fans expect athletes to be "on" all the time. Sometimes people want to be left alone. He was gracious enough to greet your son, which would be a big deal in itself for most folks.

Yep. If he was actively rude then that's a different story, but just being standoffish is perfectly fine. Sounds like he was at least polite before wanting to move on.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
YOU HAD TO BE THERE.

He was talking to several people and was just a weirdo. I wasnt the only one that thought it.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":35xd7w2x said:
YOU HAD TO BE THERE.

He was talking to several people and was just a weirdo. I wasnt the only one that thought it.

Big difference between being weird and being dumb.

Bennett is clearly weird. So's his brother. Some people are just strange. Also, some people aren't big on social interaction, and it wouldn't surprise me to find that Bennett falls into that category.

Also, some people are judgmental pricks. I don't know if Bennett is in that category, but I'm picking up strong vibes about some other folks in that regard.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
BlueBlood":3rnxjkoj said:
MidwestHawker":3rnxjkoj said:

You and your eight-year-old should just meet a few black folks from the inner city and politely converse with them or something. "What it do" = "How are things with you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.