Lane "out a while," Simon out 4 weeks; Burley to nickel CB.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BamKam":36awisut said:
Who are our next 2 opponents? Two teams Champ Bailey is EXTREMELY familiar with.... Chargers and Broncos. Makes sense but im not a GM for a reason.

That cuts both ways. I'm sure Manning and Rivers are also deeply familiar with Champ's limitations at this point and how to exploit them.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm starting to believe that it doesn't really matter to Pete too much if a corner has certain physical attributes. He drafted Thurmond, he signed Winfield, and now he's traded for Burley, all undersized by LOB standards. I think the thing Pete really desires in a corner is coachability. A lot of what makes Maxwell a very good player is how he has such great awareness and technique. I think the reason Maxwell has risen to the forefront over guys like Thurmond and Lane was because he took to coaching very well.

I know we've barely seen the new addition, but my initial impression of Burley is that he's a cerebral DB. If that impression is correct, I think he'll do just fine here.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'd rather have Kelly Jennings than Champ Bailey. Or even bring Trufant out of retirement.

Champ Bailey is terrible and should have retired a long time ago.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
No one is saying Bailey has to even play but he would be good insurance as a 4th CB... just in case... Bailey as others have said is familar with SD and DEN... and his experience can definately help the team specifically Burley.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Bailey is done. No reason to bring him here, even for a backup role...

Mick063

Reaction score
I hate this Champ Bailey talk.

Baldwin took him to the cleaners.
The dude is washed up.
Done.
Has been.

Truth

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Crap........CB depth has taken a major hit so far and we have to play Payton in 2 weeks..........crap. We need as many healthy CBs as possible for that game.

And I just had a feeling that if Lane played this week he was gonna hurt his groin again. although I also believed he needed to play.

So out a while, does that mean more than Simon's 4 weeks or less then that? Either way, our depth is not good right now.

King Dog

Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone has picked up Auguste. At least he knows the system I guess.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I think they would call Terrell Thomas before they called Champ Bailey.

marko358

Reaction score
What's Browner up to these days?

Edit: never mind. Realized he's with the Pats.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3tdufhrd said:
I think they would call Terrell Thomas before they called Champ Bailey.

This could very well happen.

If they add this Lewis kid, they can still use another corner.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm actually kind of excited to see who steps up given the opportunity. Remember it's injuries that gave Sherman and maxwell the opportunity to prove themselves. Who is going to be THIS Year's Sherman..?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Gross. Can't believe anyone would mention kelly jennings. Just google image search his name and all the images of him are of him being beat and burned and torched and teabagged.

marko358

Reaction score
Seahawks placed CB Jeremy Lane on IR designated for return with a groin injury, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/509062323802103809