KJ Practiced today! Harvin not cleared (yet)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I understand why they wouldn't want him in contact situations until he is cleared but can Percy at least play catch with Russell?

mikeak

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2sld8h6t said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282099/percy-harvin-(concussion)-yet-to-be-cleared

Percy Harvin (concussion) was held out of Wednesday's practice.
Instead, he met with doctors. The Seahawks haven't offered much of an update on Harvin's status, suggesting there's a real chance he misses Sunday's NFC Championship Game. He should be considered no better than 50-50 to suit up. Harvin's status will be updated Thursday.

All season long as it comes to concussion players all you have heard is nothing...... It is a doctor required clearance, it ties into baseline tests where even guys who felt good were not cleared in the end. I don't understand the speculations based on hearing nothing

Separately very possible Clayton or others did hear something based on meeting with Doctor's. Personally I am positive based only on the fact that Harvin should have been rested all year long and not built up hits recently. The negative part is two hits to the head area in a short time-frame (I think he got a concussion after hit 1)......

seadoc30

Reaction score
This guy is so frustrating. I can't believe he is our future. With every tackle we'd be holding our breaths if he is going to get up or not. Seriously dude, I'm tired of this crap. Just trade him in the offseason for something while he still has a little value, Draft a writer in first round and used the money to sign our upcoming FAs.

mikeak

Reaction score
seadoc30":3qqsyfbr said:
This guy is so frustrating. I can't believe he is our future. With every tackle we'd be holding our breaths if he is going to get up or not. Seriously dude, I'm tired of this crap. Just trade him in the offseason for something while he still has a little value, Draft a writer in first round and used the money to sign our upcoming FAs.

It is the concussion protocol. Pretty much every player in the league would be out after those hits...

irocdave

Reaction score
I would really be surprised if he is cleared to play. That first hit clearly rung his bell, the second hit was not nearly as hard as the first but probably did more damage.

I wonder how many people posting have had a concussion? I mean a real concussion that affected them for a week or two?

When I was about 30 years old I got hit between the eyes at work by a hammer. Broke my safety glasses and split my forehead open between my eyebrows. I was up on a ladder and all I saw was blood splatter. I remember very little of the following week. The one thing that I did remember was just feeling "off" and groggy. The groggy feeling went away after a couple of days but the feeling off part took a couple of weeks. I wasn't knocked out but blacked out while on my feet. I didn't miss any work and drove every day so I cant imagine what it is like to get hit so hard you don't know where you are or get knocked out. Then to get hit in the head again? Wow. I played HS football and had a couple also, blacked out on my feet but nothing like the one from work.

I don't think PH will be playing again this year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BamKam":mlj1hxld said:
IndyHawk":mlj1hxld said:
So sick of Clayton,he doesn't have any facts yet ..Just speculation..

I bet if Clayton said he is hearing Harvin will suit up Sunday you would have believed it though right?
He shouldn't have. There is a concussion protocol, it is being followed. It is a step by step process, that includes many steps. We might not find out until Sunday if he is playing. Truth is no one knows at this point. Not Clayton, not Harvin, not the Hawks, and not the faux doctors on .net.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Even if Harvin is going to be able to play Sunday, Pete and Co would be fools to show their hand right now.

Keep em guessing. Make them plan for everything, never let them know what's up till the last possible moment.

I really hope he plays. Either way though, we have to use him to our advantage. Be it smokescreen or 150yds.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
CHristin MIchael will be activated for sunday and Percy will be Deactivated.
You heard it hear first I have a military grade bug in the plan room.

RCATES

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":1gdd5n4d said:
CHristin MIchael will be activated for sunday and Percy will be Deactivated.
You heard it hear first I have a military grade bug in the plan room.

I'm still boggled that CM hasn't gotten more playing time. Such a dynamic weapon.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Basis4day":3ppvs7pg said:
RCATES":3ppvs7pg said:
Hawk_Nation":3ppvs7pg said:
Largent80":3ppvs7pg said:
Expect Harvin to play would be my guess.

Clayton was just on 710 again just now and said from what he is hearing, he probably wont suit up.

Bleh.

Heard that as well. Kind of a funny moment. Clayton always comes on at 4pm and does his "Cold Hard Facts." Had just walked in the Studio at 3:15 and was asked a question and pretty much took over lol.

I'd like to be optimistic and say Harvin plays but things are looking grim. Its a shame really. This is the kind of game you live for if your a player. Trip to the SB on the line in front of the home crowd. Would be a shame for him to miss it. I'm sure he is doing everything he can to get back on the field Sunday.

The only real news on Harvin is that he is being evaluated today by docs. Really, thats all they know at this point.

I generally like Clayton. However, If you compare what Clayton says before games and the actual results you'll find he talk out of his ass as much as he is correct. It's not deliberate, but his job is to try and cover just about everything in the league which is damn near impossible. A lot of times he is making educated guesses. It's not always made clear in his appearances.

All last week he was arguing that Pete shouldn't make the mistake of letting Harvin return kicks due to injury risk (Which is a fair argument).
He went on the air on monday praising Pete for not letting Harvin return kicks. The problem being of course that the Seahawks and by extension Harvin didn't have an opportunity to do so until he was taken out of the game after a concussion.

(And i REALLY wish someone could cure him of his, "But also too..." tic)

"lets not forget" is another of his go to lines

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Deafening Noise":q0gg50mh said:
I do not like how Harvin is so prone to injuries, he is a bullseye out there for other DBs. They are going to aim for him every time and if getting a 15 yard penalty is the expense of getting him out of the game then it's worth it.

Percy got lit up twice in the air by a Safety he did'nt see coming doubt their are many WR's his size that get up for that second time to get back in the game. Harvin is the toughest WR on the team and it shows in his competitive attitude.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I like how a guy that missed 3 games his entire career until last season when he had an ankle sprain that the Vikings put him on IR for despite the fact that he probably could have returned for the end of the season is all of the sudden an injury prone bust that is made of glass and that every time a DB breaths in his direction we should be worried that he'll break and be forced to retire. All because he had hip surgery that took a while to recover from and then his first game he was back 100% for he got lit up by some questionable hits and ended up with a concussion.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I do not expect PH to play, but my God I am hoping and praying he does. The offense looked entirely different with him on the line vs without. Put it this way, for my own confidence level, without him I feel we got a 50/50 chance of winning this game (I know I'm overly nervous), but with him I feel like our chances shoots up a whole 20-25%.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Harvin will play or they are just trying to make us lose the game. That would be complete garbage.

Who decides if he plays the league or our doctors? I just can't see Harvin not playing in this game I will be very pissed with how little he's done this year if that's the case. This is the one game we REALLY need him out of the whole season even more so than the Super Bowl possibly since I think 49ers match up with us really well.

Does anyone remember Sidney Rice getting knocked out cold against the Bears? He was straight up knocked out in lala land. From what I saw Harvins hits were not even comparable to this. He should play time to man up.

And guess what Sidney Rice got knocked out with one of the most insane looking head shots I've ever seen in week 13 vs the bears and he PLAYED in week 14 against the Cardinals even though we blowed them out 58-0. If we played Rice in a meaningless game after a much worst concussion that would just be downright nonsense to not let Harvin play.

[youtube]lMkUXbw1V7A[/youtube]

Whoops just found a better video if you want the slow mo stuff

[youtube]YYGomwE2ivE[/youtube]

mikeak

Reaction score
Playing after concussions is NOT up to the player nor the team. Where have you guys been. How a guys brain reacts compared to a different brain really can't be blamed on the player.... It is also related to prior hits since the day they were born

Some of you guys need to learn how the concussion rules works

plyka

Reaction score
Deafening Noise":2e4myhjj said:
I do not like how Harvin is so prone to injuries, he is a bullseye out there for other DBs. They are going to aim for him every time and if getting a 15 yard penalty is the expense of getting him out of the game then it's worth it.

This is exactly right. The Seahawks are so stupid when it comes to these type of things. They need to PROTECT HIM. There are many ways to protect him. Just off the top of my head I can think of at least 3:

1) Copy Harbaugh, the way he has created the meme on the Seahawks D and how much they "cheat." "They hold on ever play and they know that the refs wont call a penalty on every play." Now the media has picked up on it, and the refs will unfairly call more penalties on the Hawks. Pete needs to do the same with Percy. Talk in the media about how Bounty Gate was back on, how they were targeting Percy, how they were attempting to injure the man on purpose.

2) The MLB pitcher theory. If the opposing team does what they did to Percy on that first play, then you must return the favor 10 fold. Take a 15 yard penalty by taking a cheap shot on their QB or their WR. If you mess with our guy we will mess with your guy.

3) Do not put him in position to be hurt. For god's sake, do not throw a lob when a safety is bearing down on him. Wilson should have thrown it to Percy's outside left shoulder. The 2nd hit, again a lob by Wilson. Wilson needs to learn that he needs to take care of his WRs , especially Percy.

And tell Percy, dude, you're made of glass, you're not a starting LB. Start acting like it. Look at how Wilson plays, he goes down and avoids hits. Percy needs to do the same.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I bet he plays on Sunday. Guess we will find out tomorrow.