Keith Price

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kpak76":1nqvn7sa said:
I dont understand the hate here. Price was not garbage at UW. UW's Oline was garbage and couldn't protect Price was the way I saw his junior year. His Sophmore year was money and he bounced back big time his senior year. How quickly we forget that Price has already played a lot of football, holds records at UW, outdueled RG3 in the Alamo bowl. I am not sure about Daniels, but I know RW, TJack, and TP all don't have any PS eligibilty left. Price has to beat out only Daniels imo for the PS, if Daniels is even eligible. If we do carry 3 QB's then he will have to leapfrog more QB's but his path to staying in the NFL is wide open for him. If he doesn't catch on here, he will somewhere else. He had 12 teams interested in him after the draft. Someone will find a use for him somewhere.
Nobody is hating on Price, very realistic posts IMHO here about him. He had a very good sophomore year, horrible junior year, and mediocre at best senior year.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Keith Price is one gutsy dude. His perforamce at UW mirrors Tarvaris Jackson's in 2011. Guy took a beating thanks to terrible o-line play, but kept bouncing back. Both players were highly underrated and overly hated on in that regard by the average fan who credits/blames the qb for the entire offense's play. Is Price the best qb in the world? No. That's why he wasn't drafted (could've been a late rounder, IMO. But there was simply too many qb's). I'm not entirely certain of his pro prospects. But he could surprise people and have a solid career as a backup if he gets to work with the right people.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Practice squad at best.
I was gonna create another thread about this, but....

Trading for Pryor makes no sense unless one of the two things is true:
1. The obvious, we plan to keep 3 QBs
2. What if TJack has an undisclosed injury?? Would make a lot of sense.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1865thrd said:
I mean if Price is actually our 3rd best QB then I'm all for it and will be fully behind him.

As it is, it's hard not to think that this is the usual "hey we have a UW player, let's overrate him" sentiment.

:13:

The Radish

Reaction score
Well contrary to most of you I see us keeping 3 QBS this season. Wilson our #1 guy and TJack our #2 guy. that is a winning combination. I wasn't a Jackson fan the year he was our started because he didn't cover the entire field, and took to many sacks.

Since then he has learned our system and can run it effectively so he's not going anywhere. I would not be surprised if he spends the rest of his career here being our #2 man and making some key plays for us if it becomes necessary. The biggest thing that's happened to him is fans like me now believe he is our guy and are solidly behind him rather than being doubting Thomasses as in the past.

Pryor has starting experience but like Jim Plunkett he was thrown into the fire without proper coaching. Not everyone is a Russell Wilson and can go right away. I think they are keeping him on the team to get needed game time experience and planning on trading him in the future. Smart move now keeping him from any of our NFC West members. I don't see him making inroads against our first 2 this season anyway.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
SuperFreak":1m8lryl4 said:
MidwestHawker":1m8lryl4 said:
I mean if Price is actually our 3rd best QB then I'm all for it and will be fully behind him.

As it is, it's hard not to think that this is the usual "hey we have a UW player, let's overrate him" sentiment.

:13:

If anything Price is underrated here because of playing at UW. His team's weren't overly successful during his career. And generally when that happens, a fan base blames the qb. Especially one who looked at times overwhelmed due to playing behind a JV o line.

The other thing that happens with a player when they play college in the home town of a pro team is the fans undervalue him due to knowing about him already. When their team drafts a guy from a school they don't follow day in day out, or a guy they've never heard of, the upside potential and possibilities are endless. Not so much the case with a guy who they've already learned about. Same thing happened with Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Dude could very well be a pro-bowl NFL tight end. Yet many here view him as Jerramy Stevens 2.0.

Keith Price is an interesting developmental qb. Other than seeing some people think he could be the team's #3 qb on the practice squad, I really don't see any Husky homerism pumping him up beyond that.

Jville

Reaction score
Listen in to link of Price - Clayton interview >>>> [urltargetblank]http://icestream.bonnint.net/seattle/kiro/2014/05/c_johnclaytonshow051714_9971870.mp3[/urltargetblank]

halfrack

Reaction score
I heard the F.O. was pretty darn high on Daniels. Do you suppose Pryor and Price were signed to see if the competition could bolster Daniels'skills enough for use as backup in the future? Probably not but who knows.

I just want whoever is best for us to stick, no homer points.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
It would be smart for us to keep Pryor on the team because as a Free Agent next year he could bring us back a supplemental draft pick higher than the 7th we traded for him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":116ge5ox said:
Price is mentally weak. Too mentally weak to make it in the NFL.
Hey, he's from Compton. :th2thumbs: Try him with a buncha .net forum members an see what you gone get! :thfight7: :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Price is tough in the sense that he plays through injuries, but he's not mentally tough and unravels very quickly when breaks start going against him or when he gets his bell wrung one time too many. And with his small frame, he's very unlikely to ever be a QB you can count on for a full season. I don't think he ever survived a 13 game season without significant injuries in college, it would be a surprise if he made it through a 16-20 game slate in the NFL.

That said, if he bulks up, and if he develops mental toughness, he's going to be a very good QB. His innate talent is very good, and his tools are better than people give him credit for.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Keith Price went to Utah State.. how many of you guys would be high on him?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I'm a big UW fan since a kid at a very young age but like other Husky fans who posted before me I think I'll pass. He has never shown that fight that you want in a quarterback when I seen him play and against tough competition he disappears. How many times have you seen Keith Price rally his team from behind for a victory? Not many.

Don't get me wrong I want to see him do good because he is a great kid and I really like him as a person but not so much as someone who would back up Wilson. At this point I'd take Pryor and T-Jack over him.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Kellen Moore, Seneca Wallace, and Colt McCoy can make a team in the NFL, then so can Keith Price. While he may never be more than a quality backup he still can forge a good career in the NFL. Keith Price doesn't have a weak arm. He can make all throws. I'm not suggesting this because Keith Price was a Husky. If he was a Coug, Crimson Tide, Tigers, or any other college team, I still think he would have a good shot. With that said, he has a bit of advantage since he played for Sark and Sark was former OC under Carroll at USC plus the fact that he played locally here.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3b7mo60p said:
Big UW fan but I think Price is garbage. He doesn't really show any of the characters that make great qb's. Weak arm and prone to make mistakes under pressure.
Sad to agree but yes. Im a HUGE UW fan and price was so painful to watch sometimes. Some games he would blow my mind. Just too inconsistent for the NFL. Great guy. No future in the NFL

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
I see Price ending up on the practice squad as well. The real wildcard is Pryor, I have no idea if they brought him in to challenge TJack or if they plan on using him as a secret weapon in wildcat like formations. Should be an interesting camp.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm just saying, there are reasons he went undrafted and wasn't even invited to the combine. Simply put, he's not that good a quarterback.

Again.. if Keith Price played at Bowling Green or Colorado State or something... no one would be excited about the guy. The fact he's an ex-Husky doesn't mean he will pan out at the next level.

And before someone jumps in and goes "Baldwin and Kearse were UDFA's!!!!!1111oneoneoneone" .. the amount of successful NFL QB's who went undrafted is a very very very very small percentage.

Would be AWESOME if I am wayyyyy off on the guy though. I just don't see it. I think BJ Daniels has a lot more upside than Pryor or Price.

Latest posts