Kearse Teary-Eyed During Post Game Interview

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I finally got around to start watching the post game shows I had recorded, assuming of course it would all be celebratory bliss. Instead we are subjected to the what if'isms.

Ian Furness was interviewing Kearse right after the game (he still had his gear on) and it was all Kearse could do from not breaking down into tears. His eyes were watering and red throughout as he explained how much he loves this team because of the fight they have in them, and how they never give up no matter the score, and how much they play for each other no matter what.

It reminded me how much this game really matters to the players, not just the fans. In our cynicism it's easy to think all they care about is their bloated paychecks, but in times like this, you see their heart and soul.

Money is great, but like you and I, they want to win, above all else.

I am SO looking forward to the 2016 season.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":2glvnvq6 said:
.......It reminded me how much this game really matters to the players, not just the fans. In our cynicism it's easy to think all they care about is their bloated paychecks, but in times like this, you see their heart and soul.

Would you include Cancerellor (tm) in that group Aros? Bennett?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Aros":20e1mvjq said:
I finally got around to start watching the post game shows I had recorded, assuming of course it would all be celebratory bliss. Instead we are subjected to the what if'isms.

Ian Furness was interviewing Kearse right after the game (he still had his gear on) and it was all Kearse could do from not breaking down into tears. His eyes were watering and red throughout as he explained how much he loves this team because of the fight they have in them, and how they never give up no matter the score, and how much they play for each other no matter what.

It reminded me how much this game really matters to the players, not just the fans. In our cynicism it's easy to think all they care about is their bloated paychecks, but in times like this, you see their heart and soul.

Your avatar is a masterpiece. Well done.

I hope they offer Kearse a reasonable extension before he enters free agency. He is one guy I think would take less to stay in Seattle.

peppersjap

Reaction score
He might also think it could be his last game in Seattle. He looked overpaid all year until today. If he doesn't get resigned he saved his best game of his career for today. He has had some fantastic catches but today was the best performance of his career.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":i1g9ogx1 said:
peppersjap":i1g9ogx1 said:
He might also think it could be his last game in Seattle. He looked overpaid all year until today. If he doesn't get resigned he saved his best game of his career for today. He has had some fantastic catches but today was the best performance of his career.

Peppersjap, your post is a joke.

Rob12

Reaction score
I really want us to bring Kearse back. He's still young. He has chemistry with Russell. He was money today, and could see his role grow quite a bit with an offense that is moving more towards a passing attack.

Don't overpay of course, but give the kid fair market value and lock him up for two or three more years.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":krw9p52y said:
I really want us to bring Kearse back. He's still young. He has chemistry with Russell. He was money today, and could see his role grow quite a bit with an offense that is moving more towards a passing attack.

Don't overpay of course, but give the kid fair market value and lock him up for two or three more years.

I concur with this, hope he sticks. If not, then thanks for your time Kearse.

kearly

Reaction score
He played High School football in Seattle. He played college football in Seattle. He played NFL football in Seattle. And now, he might have just played his last game for his hometown. I'd be crying too.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Say what you want about Kearse, he has what this teams seems to be in short supply of and that's heart.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3j6quwzr said:
Say what you want about Kearse, he has what this teams seems to be in short supply of and that's heart.
BS.

Our team has plenty of heart. You go tell them they don't have heart. See what reaction you get.

Just because results weren't what we wanted doesn't mean the guys aren't out there fighting for each other.

It's lazy to say they don't have heart.

McGruff

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2i2ikvjr said:
Chukarhawk":2i2ikvjr said:
BS.

Our team has plenty of heart. You go tell them they don't have heart. See what reaction you get.

Just because results weren't what we wanted doesn't mean the guys aren't out there fighting for each other.

Amen!

The craziest thing that could be said about this team is that they lack heart. Ludicris.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":21gv9e3f said:
HawkerD":21gv9e3f said:
peppersjap":21gv9e3f said:

Peppersjap, your post is a joke.

Seconded. It completely ignores the fact he had a career year.

acbass

Reaction score
Kearse has REALLY won me over during this great offensive run. The last 6 weeks or so he has been good. Yesterday he was great. I was proud of the way he showed up and fought. I really really hope they find a way to keep Jermaine. He's the type of player this team needs. He cares so much. The fact I'm even saying this is huge. I really didn't care for him coming into the season. Yes, he had the NFCCG catch, but I thought he was too inconsistent. I'm now a huge Kearse fan.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I hope Kearse stays. He convinced me that he's worth keeping on to just for the big moments. He does disappear at times and can make frustrating mistakes at other times...but man, when he's on, he's a great fit in this Offense. Especially in big games he seems to always show up. He should never be a top 2 receiver, but if he is a 3 or 4, he's great depth to have.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2kz9d7sb said:
Chukarhawk":2kz9d7sb said:
BS.

I don't get all the slamming of this team, if they had no heart I think after being 0-2 at the beginning of the season they would have not fought back to become a playoff team, after losing Lynch and Graham and still kept fighting, being down 31 points to the best team in the NFC and almost come back to win.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kearse may not have gaudy numbers but he's always been big when they needed him to be. He was the guy that made the TD catch in NFCCG in 2013 against SF (4th down throw). He made the TD catch to win in overtime in last season's NFCCG against the Packers. He came up big yesterday. He should be a Seahawk next year. He deserves to be more than say Ricardo Lockette.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I like Pork Chop but think the cap can be much better spent elsewhere and that is what it really comes down to. I like the player, I like the guy (what I see of him) but we have Richardson who will be able to take over what Kearse does at a fraction of the cap hit.

The risk really comes down to Richardson being able to stay healthy.

Latest posts