Kearse Teary-Eyed During Post Game Interview

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Kearse found a niche in Bevell's new offense that (along with Russ's familiarity) I think justifies keeping him, more than anything he's shown previously. But some other team will offer him more, and he'll have to decide whether to take it or take a hometown discount.

It's entirely up to him. I doubt PC would push him away if he chooses to stay for a little less.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1j7sqkzv said:
Kearse found a niche in Bevell's new offense that (along with Russ's familiarity) I think justifies keeping him, more than anything he's shown previously. But some other team will offer him more, and he'll have to decide whether to take it or take a hometown discount.

It's entirely up to him. I doubt PC would push him away if he chooses to stay for a little less.
Plus he is always available. Him and Baldwin answer the call every week.

kearly

Reaction score
It seems like every year, Kearse gets a little better at body control and catching the ball. He's basically turning into a likable version of Michael Crabtree. Crabtree just got a $34 million contract, Kearse might get half that amount if he's lucky. Whoever gets him is probably going to get him on a nice value deal.

Mojambo

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":37l07en3 said:
Tech Worlds":37l07en3 said:
Chukarhawk":37l07en3 said:
Say what you want about Kearse, he has what this teams seems to be in short supply of and that's heart.
BS.

Our team has plenty of heart. You go tell them they don't have heart. See what reaction you get.

Just because results weren't what we wanted doesn't mean the guys aren't out there fighting for each other.

It's lazy to say they don't have heart.

I don't get all the slamming of this team, if they had no heart I think after being 0-2 at the beginning of the season they would have not fought back to become a playoff team, after losing Lynch and Graham and still kept fighting, being down 31 points to the best team in the NFC and almost come back to win.

There's a segment of this fanbase that has become ridiculously entitled by the recent run of success. It's just a fact of fandom, I suppose, but it's still really ugly how some are acting.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I saw the interview as well and wondered if it was because he may have played his last game here. I like others have been on Kearse's case since last year. The drops at times were horrendous. He is not a number 2 guy but teamed up with Lockett and Kearse he seems to have more space now. He looked good in fact very good when Graham went down but before that I really thought he had no place in the offence. With Graham in the line up I wonder how Kearse will be managed? I don't have an issue with him re-signing for the right price but how much do you pay a guy who will be behind Baldwin, Lockett, and Graham? Other teams with a need at WR may just throw a big payday Kearse's way and likely guarantee him more play time and targets. Nothing wrong with a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve after a big loss at least it shows he cares and wants to be here and win.

Steve2222

Reaction score
kearly":2hjc5s5n said:
He played High School football in Seattle.He played college football in Seattle. He played NFL football in Seattle. And now, he might have just played his last game for his hometown. I'd be crying too.

Hey! He's Tacoma grown :p

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2uuldye3 said:
Kearse may not have gaudy numbers but he's always been big when they needed him to be. He was the guy that made the TD catch in NFCCG in 2013 against SF (4th down throw). He made the TD catch to win in overtime in last season's NFCCG against the Packers. He came up big yesterday. He should be a Seahawk next year. He deserves to be more than say Ricardo Lockette.

Kearse has been arguably our BEST WR in the playoffs they better resign him

He has 28 catches on 45 targets for 471 yards and 6TD

For comparison Baldwin is at
39 catches on 56 targets for 518 yards and 4 TD

I just decided to look it up for fun...Kearse is top 40 in his career for receiving tds in the postseason out of all the WRs that have played in the postseason..pretty damn good. If he gets just one more he is tied top 20 ALL TIME. He is only 2 TD behind GRONK in the playoffs ffs

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":1zin3cpp said:
Maybe next time come to a fight swinging from the get go.
Yeah, take your messed up inner clock and do a hurry up burnout :roll:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":g12b98ev said:
Chukarhawk":g12b98ev said:
Say what you want about Kearse, he has what this teams seems to be in short supply of and that's heart.
BS.

Our team has plenty of heart. You go tell them they don't have heart. See what reaction you get.

Just because results weren't what we wanted doesn't mean the guys aren't out there fighting for each other.

It's lazy to say they don't have heart.

Have you ever seen the cranium size of a Chukar? Cut the guy some slack. :D

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1xtu1lpx said:
fridayfrenzy":1xtu1lpx said:
.........The risk really comes down to Richardson being able to stay healthy.
Which IMO is why you re-sign Kearse.

This.... Richardson has glass knees, and I think part of the problem is the mentality of track athletes like he and Percy. They think if they do any kind of lifting to strengthen their legs they will lose their precious speed. Forget the fact the are rolling around on noodles amid multiple car wrecks.