Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawk45":hosde30p said:
JGreen79":hosde30p said:
hawk45":hosde30p said:
Eh who cares.

Sherman liked tharold Simon.

Greatness isn’t transferred by osmosis.

Simon likely had the talent but lacked the drive to get there. It doesnt sound like Neal lacks the drive at all.

Doesn't sound like it now, but we didn't hear about Simon lacking drive when he was here either until he fizzled.

Hey I like Neal, I just don't get excited when current or former great players take other players under their wing. I put zero currency on the fact that Kam is involved. If Neal is a player, he'll be a player and Kam's tutelage can't hurt. If he isn't a player, no amount of HOF tutelage is going to matter.

I think the reasonable hope is that in the short term it could greatly accelerate Neal's learning curve.

sutz

Reaction score
hawk45":3d70jzcc said:
JGreen79":3d70jzcc said:
hawk45":3d70jzcc said:
Eh who cares.

Simon likely had the talent but lacked the drive to get there. It doesnt sound like Neal lacks the drive at all.

Doesn't sound like it now, but we didn't hear about Simon lacking drive when he was here either until he fizzled.

Hey I like Neal, I just don't get excited when current or former great players take other players under their wing. I put zero currency on the fact that Kam is involved. If Neal is a player, he'll be a player and Kam's tutelage can't hurt. If he isn't a player, no amount of HOF tutelage is going to matter.
Or perhaps the "HOF" player (Kam isn't yet and probably won't be) recognizes something in the kid, thinks he might be something special, and wants to help him.

:229031_shrug:

FPD

Reaction score
What Sutz said.

Also, we'll see about Neal again tonight. He's starting in place of the injured Adams. I'm sure the Vikings will target him plenty.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":373i8s44 said:
JGreen79":373i8s44 said:
hawk45":373i8s44 said:
Eh who cares.

Hmm...So Kam (like Sherman) is just wasting his time?