Ryan Neal PFF All-Pro

bileever

Reaction score
In a bit of a surprise, PFF named Ryan Neal first-team All-Pro. Link may be behind a paywall:

Funny that it's him, and not Adams. Although PFF's metrics are flawed, it's still a good thing. Neal's a restricted free agent, so I hope it won't be tough to re-sign him for a reasonable price.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Neal is awesome!

If you ever watch his media pressers, Neal, is a leader. Passionate and everything you want in a team player.

If Diggs and Adams were to be traded/released, having Neal be the successor, is much better than a lot of analysts may think.

orca

Reaction score
I'd love to see him back in Seattle but I'm afraid that he won't come cheap. Good for him 'though!

Chuckwow

Reaction score
That's awesome. But bitter-sweet, as well. His agent just sent PFF a fruit basket.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Any idea what his PFF score was in 2021?
Overall 82.0
Run D 72.9
Coverage 84.4

Edit - PFF has two different sets of grades for Ryan, one on the team page and one on his individual page. Below are the grades from his individual page:
Overall 85.6
Run D 79.5
Coverage 85.7

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Neal will be affordable and should be back. Despite this being his fifth year in the league, it was only his third accrued season. Players only accrue seasons in the NFL if they are on the roster for six games, and Neal only played in one game his first season and three games his second.

It takes four accrued seasons in order to hit unrestricted free agency (UFA). This year, Neal is a restricted free agent (RFA) which means that we can likely retain him at the second round tender price of $4.3m. We could try to go cheaper with the right of first refusal tender of $2.6m, but Neal would likely get a better offer and we wouldn't get compensation if he left.

Alternatively, this would be the best opportunity for both him and us to work out an extension if we liked him as a long-term starter. Unfortunately, the situation with Diggs and Adams and their cap hits make the timing hard right now. It would probably make more sense to use the second round tender on Neal, draft at least one safety, and then next off-season release Diggs and Adams and revisit the safety situation.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is so cool. Good for Neal. Great story. He seems like a good dude. He's certainly easy to root for.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm bringing this post back from the archives, as his name is NOW being brought up on my Xfinity Connect pages, and guys like one of our own Ex Seahawks.Netters Doug Farrar (or as some have come to know as "Doub Farrar" lol) is now floating Neal's name as a Must Keep Safety...The guy has proven that he deserves to get paid...Now the question is, 'Can the Seahawks afford NOT to get him extended in the next 3 or 4 days'?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Neal has been more than serviceable, he's been a good player. Meanwhile, Jamal needs to just go away.

Latest posts