Kaepernick & Lockette

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2dsxmiem said:
this thread is about the homoerotic nature of the Kaepernick Lockette relationship, GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRCK

Does this really get the thread back on track?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
757Niner":4y6hmlwv said:
RolandDeschain":4y6hmlwv said:
I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.

To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.

Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.

757Niner

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2s1bxbff said:
757Niner":2s1bxbff said:
RolandDeschain":2s1bxbff said:
I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.

To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.

Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.

I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards...are they my rivals too? Riddle me this, so your saying back in 2004-2007, when you guys owned the division, we were your biggest rivials then too? The lowly Niners, who could barely win 6 games, while you were in the playoffs year after year? To have a riviarly, you must first, have two quality opponents, playing for something significant. A riviarly has to have history. There is no history with our two franchises because we've never been good at the same time, playing for high stakes, for a riviarly to even begin. Will you be our bigger rivial going forward? All signs point to it. Stacked roster, good coach, awsome GM and personnel group for both teams. And we're in the same division, a divison getting tougher by the minute so everything is in place for the rivalry to commence. But historically NO, your not our rival. And a majority of Niner fans would tell you the same.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
757Niner":3ttniext said:
Scottemojo":3ttniext said:
757Niner":3ttniext said:

I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards...are they my rivals too? Riddle me this, so your saying back in 2004-2007, when you guys owned the division, we were your biggest rivials then too? The lowly Niners, who could barely win 6 games, while you were in the playoffs year after year? To have a riviarly, you must first, have two quality opponents, playing for something significant. A riviarly has to have history. There is no history with our two franchises because we've never been good at the same time, playing for high stakes, for a riviarly to even begin. Will you be our bigger rivial going forward? All signs point to it. Stacked roster, good coach, awsome GM and personnel group for both teams. And we're in the same division, a divison getting tougher by the minute so everything is in place for the rivalry to commence. But historically NO, your not our rival. And a majority of Niner fans would tell you the same.

That was a whole lot of words to admit that yes, this is a growing rivalry, and since you can't have growth without being a rivalry, however small, existing in the first place, well, then, what are you arguing exactly?

757Niner

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":z75rhsr4 said:
That was a whole lot of words to admit that yes, this is a growing rivalry, and since you can't have growth without being a rivalry, however small, existing in the first place, well, then, what are you arguing exactly?

I look at a rivarly in historic terms. 95% of Niner fans have more disdain and historical hatred for teams outside our division. Because if it wasn't for the Cowboys, or the Giants, or the Packers, we could very well have maybe 8-10 Lombardi's. I'm talking the fans who have been down since the 80's and 90's and suffered through the lean years. Not these bandwagoners that have popped up all of a sudden. We owned the NFC West for 20+ years so at least so personally, I've never viewed any team in the NFC West as a rival, merely a divisonal foe. Even back when the Rams were owing the divison and going to Super Bowls, I actually rooted for them, because they were in our divison. Same with you guys. I would never root for the Cowboys or Giants or Packers, under any circumstances. I never want to see those teams prosper lol. It is what it is. A 'growing rivarly' is a excellent term and a statement I can readily admit to. But some poster referred to the Hawks as our biggest rivial. Now going forward, all signs point to that. Stacked roster, good HC, a young, emerging star at QB, stingy defenses, great GM and personnel departements that scout and draft high quality players are prevalent for both franchises. But historically, NO...and its not even close really.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":121wix27 said:

They are desperately seeking a WR that Kaep can't overthrow.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
rideaducati":28dg8vkt said:
Scottemojo":28dg8vkt said:

They are desperately seeking a WR that Kaep can't overthrow.

As of now, with Crabtree and Manningham on the PUP list, the WR depth chart is:

Boldin
Williams
Jenkins
Lockette
Patton
Moore

I can see us keeping Marlon Moore until Manningham is activated, then releasing him. What will be interesting is what will we do with Lockette once Crabtree returns in late Nov / early Dec...

47degreesn

Reaction score
Did you guys know.
49ers/Seahawks all time record is tied at 14-14?

12thMan1

Reaction score
pehawk":3e6p739m said:
Plus Kap has an offensive mind on par with the all-time greats coaching him. Oh, and a great line. If you cant succeed in in those circumstances, you shouldn't be in the NFL.

Like Dilfer in 2000? :D

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2zqlgcvv said:
757Niner":2zqlgcvv said:
I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards

Good Lord, you need a job or a life dude.

Right, because you browse less than 10 websites per day.

themunn

Reaction score
757Niner":31zxcfdn said:
Sarlacc83":31zxcfdn said:

I look at a rivarly in historic terms. 95% of Niner fans have more disdain and historical hatred for teams outside our division. Because if it wasn't for the Cowboys, or the Giants, or the Packers, we could very well have maybe 8-10 Lombardi's. I'm talking the fans who have been down since the 80's and 90's and suffered through the lean years. Not these bandwagoners that have popped up all of a sudden. We owned the NFC West for 20+ years so at least so personally, I've never viewed any team in the NFC West as a rival, merely a divisonal foe. Even back when the Rams were owing the divison and going to Super Bowls, I actually rooted for them, because they were in our divison. Same with you guys. I would never root for the Cowboys or Giants or Packers, under any circumstances. I never want to see those teams prosper lol. It is what it is. A 'growing rivarly' is a excellent term and a statement I can readily admit to. But some poster referred to the Hawks as our biggest rivial. Now going forward, all signs point to that. Stacked roster, good HC, a young, emerging star at QB, stingy defenses, great GM and personnel departements that scout and draft high quality players are prevalent for both franchises. But historically, NO...and its not even close really.

Historic rivalries are just that though - historic.

Remember when the Steelers biggest rival was the Raiders? One of the biggest rivalries of all time, in fact.
Now if you asked a Steelers fan who their rivals were the Raiders would be way down the pecking order behind the Ravens, Patriots and hell even the Browns are a bigger rival now.
Look at it this way, you win the NFC Championship game against a "rival". Which victory would you find sweeter, against the Hawks or against the Cowboys?
I'm damn certain that even though we have a huge historic rivalry with the Broncos, if we were to beat the Niners in the NFC Championship game and the Broncos in the Superbowl, the Niners victory would be sweeter (aside from the obvious superbowl fact, just talking about on a game by game basis). That's despite this rivalry being only 2-3 years old

NinerBuff

Reaction score
1st Preseason Game:

Kaepernick: Very solid, 4 for 4, plus a scramble for a first down. Best play came when Von Miller just abused Anthony Davis with one of the best spin moves you'll ever see. Kaep didn't flinch, escaped the pocket and threw a dart for a 12 yd gain (with a particularly nice catch by Marlon Moore).

Lockette: 0 catches, 1 attempt that was flagged for defensive PI. Had an excellent ST tackle at the 1 yd line.

mretrade

Reaction score
The first team looked great. The rest of the team looked meh. Kaepernick looked locked in. Boldin looked good. I also loved what Vance McDonald brings with his long wingspan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerBuff":3nljm5l1 said:
1st Preseason Game:

Kaepernick: Very solid, 4 for 4, plus a scramble for a first down. Best play came when Von Miller just abused Anthony Davis with one of the best spin moves you'll ever see. Kaep didn't flinch, escaped the pocket and threw a dart for a 12 yd gain (with a particularly nice catch by Marlon Moore).

Lockette: 0 catches, 1 attempt that was flagged for defensive PI. Had an excellent ST tackle at the 1 yd line.

I think Lockette actually had 2 PI called on the guy defending him.

Yeah..first string looked really good on both sides. Backup tackles looked really bad and never gave QBs a chance. Neither of those guys is likely to be on active roster tho. If they have a problem they would likely slide Boone outside because they have depth on the interior (Kilgore, Looney, Snyder), not on the outside.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks and 9ers are one of the most Affluent rivalries in the NFL!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jenkins looks like poop.

The MO on Vance was drops the easy ones, makes the spectacular catch. So far, spot on.

James looks good. Nnamdi looked decent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":18uvjm2s said:
Jenkins looks like poop.

The MO on Vance was drops the easy ones, makes the spectacular catch. So far, spot on.

James looks good. Nnamdi looked decent.

I dunno...Jenkins was getting open but the QB were getting crushed all night. Not promising start for him, but we'll see.

Agree on Vance. Dude needs to spend some time on the Jugs machine.