Just re-watched the game after being there last night.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Some observations:

1.) The crowd noise on the broadcast didn't do the actual noise in the stadium justice. There were a few times when it hit a level I simply haven't heard before.

2.) Props to the 12s for not being taken out of the game by the delay. Watching the stands clear out when the rain was coming down had me a little concerned about how we would get back into it. By the time the game started again we hadn't missed a beat, if anything those extra beers kicked in.

3.) Michael Bennett - what a game. He was all over. Cliff Avril showed up in his first game. Schofield rounded out the newcomer pass-rushers by making solid plays when he was out there. Add Clemons and Irvin to this mix? Insane.

4.) Our secondary might be the best in the history of the league. Walter Thurmond might just make Browner expendable. Don't get me wrong I like Browner but Thurmond might just present a wider range of abilities, whereas browner is mostly an enforcer who brutalizes guys at the line. Personally, I love the way Browner plays and I love that style of CB - mauling guys before they can get down the field. But they may decide Thurmond has more to offer.

5.) Our offensive "issues" to me are just plain inconsistency on the line and Okung being out didn't help that at all. However, Carpenter showed what he can do for our running game when healthy. I saw what Pete and John saw when they drafted him last night.

6.) Concerned about Unger. A couple uncharacteristic holds, and an early snap that could have cost us the ball. Many of his snaps looked low and to one side or the other. Seems like a really wierd issue to be happening at this point in his career.

7.) 49er fans - if you're going to come to our stadium expect to get flack. We don't want you and your montana jersey in our stands. Don't go cry about your experience afterwards, like you're shocked about being treated like garbage. I don't go to your stadium and expect to be respected and welcomed. You deserve to feel safe. You deserve to buy food and take a leak like everyone else. You also deserve to get trash-talked for wearing your colors into enemy territory, especially when you know full well the level the 12s are at here.

8.) Classy move by Kapperdink to run off the field after the game instead of locating wilson and good-gaming him. He must have wanted to get back there and get his dolphins hat on so he knew what it felt like to wear the colors of a team that won yesterday.

9.) Chris Collinsworth is one of the best analysts out there. I used to hate him but he makes great observations most of the time.

10.) Go Hawks!

lynchwalks.gif

Laloosh

Reaction score
Unger had a lot on his plate w/ that D line. I can't be upset about his performance, just wish it was a little cleaner.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was wondering what you at the stadium thought at the time of the blocked punt.

On TV it was very obvious that a false start should have been called and that something wasn't right. On the replay we could clearly hear a whistle being blown.

What were you guys thinking in the stadium since you didn't know about the whistle?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good stuff!

6.) I was thinking the same thing. What's with the low snaps and holding? Perhaps we are being hypersensitive because of the expectations we rightfully have for this team right now but he seems off.

7.) LOL! So true. Very well put.

9.) With you 100%. I couldn't stand him just a few years ago now I love listening to him. Great analysis and football mind. Reminds me of our local boy Brock Huard.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1unr5seh said:
Unger had a lot on his plate w/ that D line. I can't be upset about his performance, just wish it was a little cleaner.

I agree that he had a lot to deal with and that can account for the holds. But an early snap is just an ugly mistake that a pro bowl center doesn't make, especially at home. And a tough matchup didn't cause his snaps to be consistently low/off-center. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought but it looked bad enough to call it out.

HawkFan72":1unr5seh said:
I was wondering what you at the stadium thought at the time of the blocked punt.

On TV it was very obvious that a false start should have been called and that something wasn't right. On the replay we could clearly hear a whistle being blown.

What were you guys thinking in the stadium since you didn't know about the whistle?

It was obvious that something went wrong with the snap but no telling what it was. That's about all I can tell you. It made more sense listening to the radio on the way home. I can only hope it was some filthy niner fan and not a Seahawks fan.