Just once can Russell say he is upset at how we played...?

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1bic82sl said:
Missing_Clink":1bic82sl said:
Yea I heard his press conference and it was kind of ridiculous. I was hoping to hear a Tom Brady type statement like "we played like crap and we can't win when the offense plays like that. It starts with me." Instead he basically talked about being "just an inch off." Sorry but I'm not buying that. For most of that game, the offense barely resembled an NFL team. It was pathetic. I want him to get mad about how bad they played and own it.

Technically Wilson isn't wrong.

- Cardinals go ahead TD catch was a great effort by Floyd and good defense by Maxwell, who actually broke the pass up twice. Had the pass been an inch underthrown your looking at Int No. 5.

- Hauschka was inches away from converting his FG. Two plays earlier, Marshawn Lynch was inches away from scoring. Two plays earlier on defense, the Seahawks were inches away from securing a block that would have vaulted Malcolm Smith for a TD.

- Robert Turbin literally caused his own fumble by faking cut and hitting the ball against his own thigh. A few inches and a sense of ball security Turbin doesn't fumble.

- Later on an ADB kick-off return, he was inches away from an ankle tackle away of going for a TD.

- Wilson was off on a lot of passes but many were an inch of a touch or two of going for big completions. None more than game ending was it off the ground, was it off Baldwin's arm Int.

-Rashad Mendenhall fumble might have been a player or two inch out of the way to provide more clarity.

- the list could go on

So, yeah the whole game of inches was in full effect. At the end sometimes the ball bounces your way, sometimes it doesn't. Save for the Tate fumble to Kearse, it was that kind of day for the Seahawks offense and one game changing play by the Cardinals in which Michael Floyd wasn't going to be denied his focus enough to make an incredible effort to follow the ball and secure catch through solid defense by Maxwell.

Shit happens. Its the NFL. Any Given Sunday.

Swept by the Rams in 2004, the final loss being here at home in the playoffs, you could say these exact same things.

Latest posts