Jumping from 27 to 9

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sure, these rankings are just reactionary hindsights for the most part, but yep -- Geno's getting noticed. From #27 at the beginning of the season to #9 today in this particular weekly ranking from nfl.com. Many say this is just an aberration and/or other teams will eventually figure him out, but I'm not so sure. Will be interesting to watch. (And Saints' Dalton is ranked #24 but I'm sure he'll vault 10+ spots after facing Seahawks' D.)

toffee

Reaction score
Geno is paling around with elite QBs on this ranking. He was like this uninvited guest at elite private club.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yes, he torched the 32-ranked defense but was held to 3 points in the second half by the 24th-ranked defense. Everyone just needs to chill out a bit until after this week.

If he can do this against the 12th-ranked defense on the road then that might indicate he has turned it up. I'm just worried he is going to have another 24 completions for 195 yards kind of game.

morgulon1

Reaction score
it would be so cool if this is just the beginning of Seattle's ass-kickery.

Geno specifically. Dangerwich can watch the highlights at home laying in his crib
with his singer/dancer wife. Geno's success gives lil #3 a case of erectile dysfunction.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sure, these rankings are just reactionary hindsights for the most part, but yep -- Geno's getting noticed. From #27 at the beginning of the season to #9 today in this particular weekly ranking from nfl.com. Many say this is just an aberration and/or other teams will eventually figure him out, but I'm not so sure. Will be interesting to watch. (And Saints' Dalton is ranked #24 but I'm sure he'll vault 10+ spots after facing Seahawks' D.)

I think we can almost dismiss this immediately, because Geno's greatest asset, and he looks great and has a few!, is that he follows the offense that is called to an absolute T. This is why he's set an ALL TIME accuracy rating. We're in for a fun season, he even looks better on the run to me than the other guy.

QWERTY

Reaction score
If Geno starts winning and brings Seattle to the playoffs, it would hurt this organization if they don’t extend him.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Yes, he torched the 32-ranked defense but was held to 3 points in the second half by the 24th-ranked defense. Everyone just needs to chill out a bit until after this week.

If he can do this against the 12th-ranked defense on the road then that might indicate he has turned it up. I'm just worried he is going to have another 24 completions for 195 yards kind of game.

Geno's "worst" game of the year saw him complete 80% of his passes

His current rankings were helped, not created, by last week's performance

Nobody is anointing him anything, but this "JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK UNTIL WE"....blah blah blah....is old.

Just enjoy the shocking success and hope it continues.

Doing otherwise creates suspicion that there is another agenda at play......

balakoth

Reaction score

He was? I keep forgetting the qb is the only one on the field. Damn my memory

strohmin

Reaction score

I mean 195 yard game against an above average defense would be more than I expected before the season started. I actually thought if Geno just played well enough to take advantage of our offensive talent then we could be pretty good. However, I didn't take into account that our defense would be as atrocious as it is.

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, 4 games in, still early in the season. Big jumps in ratings is not uncommon.