John Schneider and the greatest trade in NFL History

Vesuve

Reaction score
JS and PC engineered the single greatest trade in the history of the NFL! Denver got screwed!

They gave us two firsts, two seconds and 3 players for... Russell Wilson! Geno Smith is literally better! Pete and John fleeced Denver! And then they signed him to a long term contract LOOOOOOOOL!

This will go down as brilliance! We upgraded our whole team for years to come! They got a bum!
Totally agree, the best trade.

But I don't think Denver got fleeced, they just made a very bad, bad, decision. And Russ was a part of the decision.

How can people at that level in the NFL make such a bad trade AND THEN extend for much?!

Jesus Jones.

Glad I'm a Hawk fan.

Denver faithful are feeling the pain and will feel it in many ways.

Reaction score
It was a great trade. I dont know about the history of the Nfl but it was good. They also pulled one of the dumbest NFL trades 2 first rounders a third and a ok player at the time for a safety.

chrispy

Reaction score
One aspect that has not been discussed is how much pressure RCW tried to put on the draft process. We know he whined about investment in OL and "weapons". We know he interjected himself into the FA process repeatedly. It seems possible that some picks, on the O side, were swayed to appease RCW. I'm not trying to express justification, but perhaps that's a partial explanation why the 22 draft was better and perhaps we can expect similar going forward. It's odd to me that the best drafts seem to fall before and after RCW.

Seahawker

Reaction score
If the season ended today our draft slating would be,
#10 SEA
#11 DEN
A long ways to go in this Bronco draft rodeo.