John Schneider and the greatest trade in NFL History

W

Welshers

JS and PC engineered the single greatest trade in the history of the NFL! Denver got screwed!

They gave us two firsts, two seconds and 3 players for... Russell Wilson! Geno Smith is literally better! Pete and John fleeced Denver! And then they signed him to a long term contract LOOOOOOOOL!

This will go down as brilliance! We upgraded our whole team for years to come! They got a bum!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This sounds hyperbolic, and the NFL is a place where teams can change QUICKLY...

But if Russell Wilson doesn't turn it around and do it decisively, this isn't a lie. It'll be possibly the best trade ever made.

Some people may bring up the Adam's trade as a retort, but the Jets didn't UPGRADE AT SS as a result of trading him away like Seattle has so far at QB.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Our OL didn't yield a sack today, with TWO rookie tackles. Our rookie CB had an INT pick 6.

Thank you Broncos!
and that's only half the picks we got from them hahahahahaha

olyfan63

Reaction score
JS and PC engineered the single greatest trade in the history of the NFL! Denver got screwed!

They gave us two firsts, two seconds and 3 players for... Russell Wilson! Geno Smith is literally better! Pete and John fleeced Denver! And then they signed him to a long term contract LOOOOOOOOL!

This will go down as brilliance! We upgraded our whole team for years to come! They got a bum!
Yup, pretty much how I'm looking at it also.

I was wondering what Hackett and the Broncos braintrust were thinking, "We can fix him! Or even if we can't fix him, the 'Russell Wilson Offense' will be an improvement over what we have now!" Did they have trouble breaking down Russell's film? Did they not have any Rams games in the video they watched?

We could be wrong, Russell could catch fire and average 3 TDs a game and the Broncos go 12-1 the rest of the way. Extremely unlikely, but I'm telling you, "there's a chance".

Scout

Reaction score
I am still holding out to see what the 2023 draft picks look like. To me that will be a big deal if one of those picks becomes a Pro Bowler.

Rat

Reaction score
This trade is going to sink the Broncos long-term. Schneider pulled off the textbook definition of moving a guy at exactly the right time. Shame Russ wasn't willing to waive his no trade clause for the Commanders. That's the only way this could have been better.

Scout

Reaction score
If the Broncos can improve their OL without spending too many draft resources they might pull it around. But the problem is Denver has a brand new coaching staff in an ultra competitive division and their draft resources for 2023 are very limited.

seabowl

Reaction score
This trade is going to sink the Broncos long-term. Schneider pulled off the textbook definition of moving a guy at exactly the right time. Shame Russ wasn't willing to waive his no trade clause for the Commanders. That's the only way this could have been better.
Moving Russ the year before was the right and best time. We would have gotten even wayyy more in a trade

Rat

Reaction score
Moving Russ the year before was the right and best time. We would have gotten even wayyy more in a trade
I'm not sure. It sounded like the Bears were the most interested, and they couldnt have given us a better package than what the Broncos gave us.

chrispy

Reaction score
If the Broncos can improve their OL without spending too many draft resources they might pull it around. But the problem is Denver has a brand new coaching staff in an ultra competitive division and their draft resources for 2023 are very limited.
...and they currently have the most expensive D in the NFL. That can't continue with RCWs contract looming...

seabowl

Reaction score
I'm not sure. It sounded like the Bears were the most interested, and they couldnt have given us a better package than what the Broncos gave us.
All teams have most of their future picks. Russ prior to last year was considered a franchise qb with little to no poor performances on tape. IMO they would have gotten at least 3 first and a bunch of other good picks/players

Rat

Reaction score
All teams have most of their future picks. Russ prior to last year was considered a franchise qb with little to no poor performances on tape. IMO they would have gotten at least 3 first and a bunch of other good picks/players
We were limited to Russ' wish list though. He didn't have perennially hopeless franchises like the Jets, Lions, Browns, and Falcons on there. We were fortunate that the team he chose had at least one top-10 pick.

Scout

Reaction score
Russ may just saved Pete's job again, if Russ didn't DIVA himself out of Seattle, we will be playing like the Broncos and sitting at 0-4. Russ is the gift that keeps on giving.

That is true that PC might have bought himself more time if he is allowed to hand pick a rookie QB in 2023 draft with JS help.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I am still holding out to see what the 2023 draft picks look like. To me that will be a big deal if one of those picks becomes a Pro Bowler.
Prior to this past draft, I wouldn't have had much confidence in them to pick well. This past draft was the best, on paper at least, of their drafts. It'll be nearly impossible to beat a draft where you got 2 HoFers in Wilson and Wagner, but on paper that draft didn't look as stellar as this one Dows.

Latest posts