John Elway now the Broncos' GM

bigtrain21

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":mjnzidpe said:
Cinnamongirl":mjnzidpe said:
Really, my only complaint against him is that he picked and continues to keep Fox.

He got you to the Super Bowl, didn't he?

Yeah. Why do NFL fans treat the loser of the SB worse than the crappy teams that never even had a shot?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
volsunghawk":xvcrt5tp said:
While I dislike Monsieur Horseface, this is no surprise.

In the 5 seasons before Elway took a role in the FO:

2010: 4-12
2009: 8-8
2008: 8-8
2007: 7-9
2006: 9-7

In the 3 seasons since he took a role:

2011: 8-8
2012: 13-3
2013: 13-3

Now, me, I think you can pretty much trace that directly to bringing Manning in. Manning is going to give you a great regular season record... no way around that. But to an organization and fanbase that already holds Elway in Messiah-like esteem, those records are all the argument you need to give him the extension/title.

UH OH....this is only gonna turn out bad. Messiah VS Messiah. :sarcasm_off:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Cinnamongirl

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2vueko3o said:
Cinnamongirl":2vueko3o said:
Really, my only complaint against him is that he picked and continues to keep Fox.

We were doing better well Del Rio was in charge.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
John Fox has been to two Super Bowls, but man, his inability to adjust in this one didn't cast a good light on him. They didn't seem to do anything differently on offense after coming out of the break.

I think we're just lucky to have Pete Carroll, so maybe I'm scoffing too much at a coach that got two different teams to the big game because my standards are high, but he didn't do much coaching to me, scheme-wise, in this last Super Bowl. I feel like he's got Manning and Manning is the dude that makes that whole show run, and Del Rio is an exceptional DC that makes the defensive side of the ball go and gets the most out of castoffs like Terrance Knighton. I could be wrong, though.

Exittium

Reaction score
Cinnamongirl":2qk81t9l said:
AbsolutNET":2qk81t9l said:
Cinnamongirl":2qk81t9l said:

ROFLMAO :240039: :laugh: :angry017: :angry017: The same Del Rio in which he defense looked pop warner up against our offense. I can't stop laughing at the comment its all to hilarious.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Exittium":34z7hv9k said:
ROFLMAO :240039: :laugh: :angry017: :angry017: The same Del Rio in which he defense looked pop warner up against our offense. I can't stop laughing at the comment its all to hilarious.
They held our offense to 27 points. Considering how often the Broncos offense kept screwing their own defense all game long, I'd say their defense actually did a decent job; the one unit from Denver that actually caught the flight to Jersey that week. We had a healthy Percy for it, too. Beast Mode held to 15 carries for 39 yards for a paltry 2.6 YPC, as well.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17tbuc1t said:
Exittium":17tbuc1t said:
They held our offense to 27 points. Considering how often the Broncos offense kept screwing their own defense all game long, I'd say their defense actually did a decent job; the one unit from Denver that actually caught the flight to Jersey that week. We had a healthy Percy for it, too. Beast Mode held to 15 carries for 39 yards for a paltry 2.6 YPC, as well.

They suffered the same fate as NO did on Monday night. Sell out against beast and Russ can shred. That is no indictment on Del Rio. Those are the dice you have to roll. That makes me happy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1gthylj9 said:
They suffered the same fate as NO did on Monday night. Sell out against beast and Russ can shred. That is no indictment on Del Rio. Those are the dice you have to roll. That makes me happy.

Yep. I'm just saying, I think the Denver defense did a better job than Denver's offense & special teams combined by a noticeable margin, is all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cinnamongirl":5i9rtjam said:
AbsolutNET":5i9rtjam said:
Cinnamongirl":5i9rtjam said:

You're correct because Denver isn't building within instead they're bringing in big name FA's and it won't work. They need a change in philosophy to compete with the NFC and in particular the NFCW.

sutz

Reaction score
Cinnamongirl":310tc1ap said:
He got us to the super bowl didn't he? Why do NFL fans treat the loser of the SB worse than the crappy teams that never even had a shot.
Well, let's check the history here. When Elway was drafted and leveraged his way to Denver, he joined a team with a superstar QB and not much else. They went to 3 SBs that way and lost by historic margins. When Elway moved into the ownership suite, they formed a team with a superstar QB and not much else. They went to the SB and lost in epic fashion. Now he's moving into the GM role.

What do you really expect for the near future? ;)

OrFan

Reaction score
Someone with photo-shop skills needs to do a pic of the 43 - 8 score and a caption that says "This One's For John!"

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dve2i6c said:
Exittium":3dve2i6c said:

The Hawks punted only twice and kicked FG's in the red zone due to penalties on each drive and a blown first down measure. Their D wasn't very impressive - when a D has to sell out to stop the run and get passed on, that isn't impressive.

Impressive is blitzing only 5 times, playing your base D all game long, and holding the best offensive the sport has ever seen to 8 points.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Far from impressive, Absolut, I agree. But, I think you also have to agree that they weren't even close to as bad as their special teams and offense were, yes?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":yn36aukn said:
Cinnamongirl":yn36aukn said:
He got us to the super bowl didn't he? Why do NFL fans treat the loser of the SB worse than the crappy teams that never even had a shot.
This sentiment has ZERO to do with the SB, and more a mocking of the guy who won executive of the year for throwing 90 million at Manning so he could get rid of Teblow.

Elway was the Pseudo GM even when he played, it was Elway's him or me bitching that got Dan Reeves fired back in the day.

*Almost won. But point well made.

cboom

Reaction score
I think it is pathetic some of you on here discount what Elway and Denver have accomplished these past 2 seasons. Denver and the 49er's were both one play away from playing in back to back Superbowls. That is an extreme high level of success in this league and they would be stupid to go away with what got them there. We have been to two and won one in our almost 40 year history, yet some of you talk like we have been some kind of dynasty and are the only ones that know how to get it done.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
cboom":13u70x8r said:
I think it is pathetic some of you on here discount what Elway and Denver have accomplished these past 2 seasons. Denver and the 49er's were both one play away from playing in back to back Superbowls. That is an extreme high level of success in this league and they would be stupid to go away with what got them there. We have been to two and won one in our almost 40 year history, yet some of you talk like we have been some kind of dynasty and are the only ones that know how to get it done.
You are the most trusted football acumen on here.

Didn't the Cardinals get within a play of winning a SB? How did that formula work out afterwards?

Elway signed a HOF QB. to a team that won a playoff game with Timmay. Lets not act like he rebuilt a roster.

As a football analyst, CBoom has no peer.
Thinks Wilson is the worst QB he ever saw.
Likes Richie Incognito and wants his locker room full of guys like that.
Thinks Elway is a genius for signing a guy half the league tried to sign.

I bow to your genius.

kearly

Reaction score
Cboom's avatar should be beanpope with an evil twin goatee.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2gqdpajo said:
cboom":2gqdpajo said:
You are the most trusted football acumen on here.

Didn't the Cardinals get within a play of winning a SB? How did that formula work out afterwards?

Elway signed a HOF QB. to a team that won a playoff game with Timmay. Lets not act like he rebuilt a roster.

As a football analyst, CBoom has no peer.
Thinks Wilson is the worst QB he ever saw.
Likes Richie Incognito and wants his locker room full of guys like that.
Thinks Elway is a genius for signing a guy half the league tried to sign.

I bow to your genius.
Yep. I bow too.
BTW, whatta ya gonna say when Russ is inducted into the HOF genius?