Jimmy Graham "They 'grab and hold as much as you can"

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
AsylumGuido":2482fc9c said:
Wow. Seeing a little extremist reactions here to this Taco dude. I suggest you all take it with a grain of salt. He has his panties in a wad because he obviously can't understand that our Saints simply got beat. The Hawks play a very aggressive defense because they can. The Saints did the same thing in 2009-10 when they won their first Super Bowl. Suck it up and move on, Taco. What comes around goes around in the NFL.

As for the bogus bounty claims, I will gladly set any of t you uninformed straight in the NFL Forum where that discussion belongs.

Don't take my posts personally; I'm just trolling a troll. Not very well, but still. 8)

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
LOL @ watertaco.

I never thought the day would come where I'd see a cocky 'aints fan on this board commenting on how another team cheats and go on to present the 'aints as some sort of NFL institution (who lost to a 7-9 Seahawks team in the playoffs, fresh off a Super Bowl).

God I love it.

GEAUX HAWKS, wait sorry I had an arm spasm - ouch. GO HAWKS

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":7gvatl2o said:
AsylumGuido":7gvatl2o said:
Wow. Seeing a little extremist reactions here to this Taco dude. I suggest you all take it with a grain of salt. He has his panties in a wad because he obviously can't understand that our Saints simply got beat. The Hawks play a very aggressive defense because they can. The Saints did the same thing in 2009-10 when they won their first Super Bowl. Suck it up and move on, Taco. What comes around goes around in the NFL.

As for the bogus bounty claims, I will gladly set any of t you uninformed straight in the NFL Forum where that discussion belongs.

Don't take my posts personally; I'm just trolling a troll. Not very well, but still. 8)

No, Smelly, I know from personal experience that you do your job quite well.

;)

Carry on.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
AsylumGuido":1uyyql1e said:
Smelly McUgly":1uyyql1e said:
AsylumGuido":1uyyql1e said:

;)

Carry on.

Now, I'm not sure, but I think this might have been a backhanded compliment of the type that a troll like Taco only wishes he could troll subtly with.

Well played, sir. Well played. :lol:

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":e419luz3 said:
AsylumGuido":e419luz3 said:
Smelly McUgly":e419luz3 said:
AsylumGuido":e419luz3 said:

;)

Carry on.

Now, I'm not sure, but I think this might have been a backhanded compliment of the type that a troll like Taco only wishes he could troll subtly with.

Well played, sir. Well played. :lol:

I try, friend, I try. :lol:

acer1240

Reaction score
lobohawk":qy0su33c said:
Once again a writer baits a couple fanbases by overemphasizing single comment made by a player. The rest of his comments complimented the defense for being legit. Brock and Danny discuss it here.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9967799&p=1007&n=Brock and Danny

I'm going to quote this as a bump more than anything. Graham's quote was taken way, way out of context. He was extremely complimentary of our defense. Like Danny stated in the audio link, this is exactly why players are hesitant to talk to the media.

kearly

Reaction score
watertaco":3d37i4gn said:
Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

Enjoy watching our 15 years of dominance.

Anyway, if anyone actually listened to the Graham interview, it was very well done. Graham's a smart dude. I agree with everything he said, and I really doubt I would have said it as well as he did on the radio.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1f35dx55 said:
ZagHawk":1f35dx55 said:
I'm not going to be naïve about the whole thing. Our team/secondary really does push the limits regarding holding/PIs. It's not like he's the only one who's said something/complained about it. There have been a lot of other players, coaches, media, etc. Our team won the SB. It's not like we paid the refs not to make calls. So whatever, but yeah let's not fool ourselves that the Seahawks aren't pushing the limits. It's like Miami's flopping. If you're a fan of Miami, you accept it. If you're not, you call it VS. Same goes with the Seahawks "physical" play.

This! Exactly. Good post, Zag. That's what I was wanting to say but it is better served coming from a Hawks fan.

You're always a class act and I think most would agree with Zag. It's no secret we play on the edge, and get called for it a lot. Call it the new/old school brand of "physical" football.

Question remains though; why are not all the other teams doing it as well?

Partly because they just aren't built like the Hawks. LOB has the speed to jam, stick to, and bottle up the fastest receivers in the league. Not to mention our D line is built for speed also. We could rush three at Peyton and STILL knock him around and throw him off.

Guido: The definition of 'good sport.' We all look forward to Saints games because we get Guido in our chat room for couple hours. Cheers! :th2thumbs:

mjwhitay

Reaction score
acer1240":3k866fp0 said:
lobohawk":3k866fp0 said:
Once again a writer baits a couple fanbases by overemphasizing single comment made by a player. The rest of his comments complimented the defense for being legit. Brock and Danny discuss it here.

I'm going to quote this as a bump more than anything. Graham's quote was taken way, way out of context. He was extremely complimentary of our defense. Like Danny stated in the audio link, this is exactly why players are hesitant to talk to the media.

Yup. People need to learn that Mike Florio and Profootballtalk are complete tools. That interview was full of superlatives about this defense. He said they were by far the best D they played. He couldn't believe how fast and fresh they were so deep into the season. also mentioned how he'd get past a linebacker and someone would still be right there when the ball arrived to tackle him or knock it away. He was very open in staying how good they are.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
watertaco":3hl6i1et said:
This coming from the most hated team in the nation? LOL.

Of course we're hated. Like that's a bad thing, why would you be laughing? You want to be liked by the other 31 teams? :Dunno:

We just marched to the Super Bowl with one of the most dominate defenses the NFL has ever seen, without a doubt Top 5 in NFL history. We embarrassed a lot of teams and fans throughout the year, including the darling of the national media and the common Joe Sixpack type, their precious Peyton Manning.

Of course we're hated..... and it's glorious.

I think we should be the ones laughing there taco. Enjoy the off-season.

Giphy

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
After reading the article, I don't see what the problem is. This reminds me of the write-up Sherman did where gave effusive praise to Peyton Manning, but all the Donko fans and media focused on was one sentence where he mentions that Manning will occasionally throw 'ducks,' but he also said those 'ducks' are accurate and on time. So much noise about nothing at all. The article was mostly giving our D props.

As for the whole 'bounty' thing, it probably isn't nearly as bad as it was blown up to be, but I have a hard time believing that nothing ever happened. There seems to be a mentality on the Saints D that is still there after Williams has gone. I truly believe that there was or maybe still is something in the kitty for 'cart-offs' and such, but maybe this didn't have much to do with Williams and instead happens among the players themselves. Too many of them were leading with their helmets when they where going after Harvin in the playoff game. I'm glad we have a coach that constantly emphasizes 'lighting 'em up, but doing so within the rules. The Saints D look more 'loosie goosie' with that as do the Rams.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HawkStar22":3dby9o8d said:
But I'm Jimmy.

Ha, I'd forgotten about that. :D
-4272102f6158df0b.jpg

CPHawk

Reaction score
Aints fans are so pissed because they know the window has closed shut. Soon it will be back to being the laughing stock of the NFL. Drew has maybe two years left, and the rest of he team just isn't that good.

Speaking of dirty secondary's, the aints were spearing Percy every chance they got. If he had played the entire game, they know we would have won by 21+.

253hawk

Reaction score
watertaco":2p9iqfuj said:
We got ours before you did. Remember? You'll sink back to irrelevancy, while the Saints will just continue to win. Except, when you guys go 7-9 this year, you wont win the division. And if you do win it with 7-9, congrats. You'll come to the dome and get blown out.

Just curious...why did you register here a few hours after the divisional playoff loss yet wait until today when the season has been over for two weeks to actually post anything? Did you spend that whole month trying to shed all traces of objectivity?

Kaiser

Reaction score
watertaco":3hhgf46l said:
We got ours before you did. Remember? You'll sink back to irrelevancy, while the Saints will just continue to win. Except, when you guys go 7-9 this year, you wont win the division. And if you do win it with 7-9, congrats. You'll come to the dome and get blown out.

If seattle won the division theyd play at home and crush your dumb asses again. Please repeat that we dont understand the game.

cacksman

Reaction score
acer1240":2ynt6wed said:
lobohawk":2ynt6wed said:

This.

morgulon1

Reaction score
watertaco":13rcj7zh said:
FlyingGreg":13rcj7zh said:
Graham is such a finesse guy. We showed the blue print on him...get in his face and get physical and he folds his little Boy Scout tent and goes home.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Earl Thomas literally kangaroo-kicked Kimmy to make him drop a sure first down. I guess little Earl isn't good enough to play the game fairly. Maybe the Saints should have kicked Percy too. Also, we laid the wood on you guys too. As noticed when Bush leveled Tate and Harvin.

CANHawk":13rcj7zh said:
Sounds like "I'm Jimmy" doesn't really understand the rules...

Do you have any understanding of the game of football? You're not allowed to hold a receiver past five yards. Yet Wagner and Wright held onto him like scared little girls the entire game. Why the refs did not call this, I don't know. But the Saints aren't the only people who complain about your blatant holding. What's even more ironic is when Sherman held onto Lance Moore one play, Lance pushes off to get the prick off of him, and the 13th man calls him for PI. How do you explain that?

Here's your explanation:

You AND your team lost. Seattle won the Superbowl. You're a prick and you should frequent Saint fan boards. :th2thumbs:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I also love in that interview Graham said he likes to hit. I laughed so hard at that. Likes to hit....hahah