OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":2xihb76m said:
TAB420":2xihb76m said:
94Smith":2xihb76m said:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019

Top 10 DVOA, coming off an ACL, in his 13th start? I'll take it.

That's the beauty of this. No one said he isn't playing good...or bad for that matter.

M'Kay.

"If you don't want to hear about your inferior QB, go visit the Vagzone."

-TAB420
And that was posted at or around page 5 (because you wouldn't shut up about it). Up until that point, nothing was said. Sorry Marv, Take this vajacial as a peace offering. Maybe that will help with your sensitivity.

Now, would you like me to prove through stats, (you seem to hate those) how Jimmy is inferior to Russell Wilson?

Washington49er

Reaction score
TAB420":ohlcj8qy said:
Marvin49":ohlcj8qy said:
TAB420":ohlcj8qy said:
94Smith":ohlcj8qy said:

That's the beauty of this. No one said he isn't playing good...or bad for that matter.

M'Kay.

-TAB420
And that was posted at or around page 5 (because you wouldn't shut up about it). Up until that point, nothing was said. Sorry Marv, Take this vajacial as a peace offering. Maybe that will help with your sensitivity.

Now, would you like me to prove through stats, (you seem to hate those) how Jimmy is inferior to Russell Wilson?

Well you really can't compare two QBs until they're both done playing. You could compare Jimmy Gs vs RWs stats at the end of the season but Jimmy G only has 13 NFL games and not a full season so it's a bit early.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":23htsqfu said:
Marvin49":23htsqfu said:
TAB420":23htsqfu said:
94Smith":23htsqfu said:

M'Kay.

-TAB420

...and I'M supposedly the sensitive one.

No Need on Wilson. I already think he's better.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Washington49er":1slodgn0 said:
TAB420":1slodgn0 said:
Marvin49":1slodgn0 said:
TAB420":1slodgn0 said:

M'Kay.

-TAB420

Well you really can't compare two QBs until they're both done playing. You could compare Jimmy Gs vs RWs stats at the end of the season but Jimmy G only has 13 NFL games and not a full season so it's a bit early.

That was pretty much my point. And to be honest (7 pages later) I wasn't putting Jimmy down. There hasn't been enough playing time to do that, even if I wanted to.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":9ypzdreu said:
5_Golden_Rings":9ypzdreu said:
SoulfishHawk":9ypzdreu said:
Come on Rings. Your stadium is half full of "faithful" until the team starts winning. Bandwagon crap happens with most franchises. We fill our stadium even when we suck. That being said, there are certainly a lot of newer fans who magically jumped on, I call them "12s" :lol:
I'm pretty sure those manses are rich jerks who outbid normal people for ticket licenses and hang out in the stadium restaurants with their hipster friends, and probably know nothing about American football.

I can't fathom how these special little snowflakes can't handle a little direct sunlight. Wear a wide-brimmed hat ffs. The whining from pampered 49ers fans when Levi's was finished was so funny. Packer fans sit out in sub-zero weather without a shirt, but 90 degrees is too much for the Santa Clara hipsters. #classwarfare.

Additionally, when I got my season tix i looked into where the sun would be because Candlestick had the exact same issue. Diff being that Candlestick is the coldest place in the entire Bay Area.

I knew what sections I wanted when I purchased so I knew I'd be in the shade by kickoff. :D
I mean when I went to Candlestick I did that too, but not because I was afraid of the sun (although I am, in fact, afraid of the sun), but because I wanted to be able to see the metallic shine of the helmets and see the team from the same angle as the thousands of televised games I've seen. :drool:

94Smith

Reaction score
You don't need stats to prove Jimmy G is inferior to Russell Wilson. Wilson is awesome . Jimmy is just the best quarterback we've had since Jeff Garcia.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Who is the person in this thread who argued JGQ is better than Wilson?

Or did nobody say it and Tab is just trolling and moving goalposts around like they're on skates?

Washington49er

Reaction score
94Smith":2sufz3m8 said:
You don't need stats to prove Jimmy G is inferior to Russell Wilson. Wilson is awesome . Jimmy is just the best quarterback we've had since Jeff Garcia.

How can you even make a comparison, RW has been playing much longer. It would be like saying Mahomes is better than RW because of what he's done in two seasons.

Only time will tell who the better QB is. And what do you base it on, stats, wins, records? Personally stats and records mean zero.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, all Russ has done is won at a clip that no other QB has ever done in his first 7 seasons. But yeah, let's compare him to a guy who has what 10 starts in the NFL? I'm sure Jimmy G will be a good QB, but you need to win some BIG GAMES against GOOD TEAMS and PLAYOFF GAMES before you can be compared to someone who has proven to be a winner. Let alone one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL, period.

Fanatics

Reaction score
OMG...children, please stop or I'm pulling the car over right here!

I for one am not happy with Jimmy's start, as I did expect it to take longer to get him back to form. He showed this week, exactly what he was showing in 2017. Not scared yet of what could be but if he has a few more games like this one and I may have to reconsider where I have the 49ers ranked.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3rkpx047 said:
Well, all Russ has done is won at a clip that no other QB has ever done in his first 7 seasons. But yeah, let's compare him to a guy who has what 10 starts in the NFL? I'm sure Jimmy G will be a good QB, but you need to win some BIG GAMES against GOOD TEAMS and PLAYOFF GAMES before you can be compared to someone who has proven to be a winner. Let alone one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL, period.

Yeah, sure, but who is the person who is doing this?

It's a long thread filled with crazy ranting so maybe I've missed it, but on this page I just see a bunch of 9ers fans and Seahawks fans agreeing it's dumb, with one 9ers fans (correctly IMO) also pointing out that it's comparing apples to oranges.

As far as I can tell Tab kept bringing up Wilson without getting anyone to take the bait, and then he insinuated that Marvin thinks JG is better than Wilson, to which Marvin said he obviously doesn't think that.

Now we're all acting like this is actually a debate because Tab trolled it into being so, despite us all agreeing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":243sw2cz said:
Dang it, you make a good point :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:2thumbs:

LET IT BE KNOWN: If and when a 9ers fan shows up and argues that JG is better than Wilson, as 9ers fans, at a minimum Marvin, 94Smith, Washington49er and I all think that person is dumb. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
In the spirit of just posting on topic... :D

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_David/status/1176212132402216962[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2x7zw4vz said:
SoulfishHawk":2x7zw4vz said:
Dang it, you make a good point :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:2thumbs:

LET IT BE KNOWN: If and when a 9ers fan shows up and argues that JG is better than Wilson, as 9ers fans, at a minimum Marvin, 94Smith, Washington49er and I all think that person is dumb. :lol:

LOL. True Story.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vxbd4j4 said:

Marv relax, I think you're beating a dead horse now. Maybe revisit week 8?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Washington49er":2h1ifc51 said:
Marvin49":2h1ifc51 said:

Marv relax, I think you're beating a dead horse now. Maybe revisit week 8?

Nah. Wasn't pointing that at anyone in particular. Just posting something I came across online. Topic is performance of Jimmy G so figured it was worth noting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":1wl5zmm1 said:
94Smith":1wl5zmm1 said:

How can you even make a comparison, RW has been playing much longer. It would be like saying Mahomes is better than RW because of what he's done in two seasons.

Only time will tell who the better QB is. And what do you base it on, stats, wins, records? Personally stats and records mean zero.

Well Wilson was winning his Rookie Season without the benefit of holding Brady's Vibrator for a three or so seasons, so this inexperience overture is not really valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts