Jerry Rice not happy with the Seahawks...

sutz

Reaction score
Simple fix. Don't play like crap on your home field on T-Day night. If they had won and had a couple of guys who stood up and actually played, maybe there would have been a couple of Niners out there.

:229031_shrug:

OrFan

Reaction score
The entire world revolves around burned Rice, just ask him.

I thought it was funny as hell! If they didn't want that to happen, maybe they should have played like a real NFL team.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Next...the Cardinals will be pissed that we've taken over their locker rooms

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
What do the rings have to do with anything?

Why keep bringing them up?

morgulon1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":16v10w1w said:
Don't know why you guys are being so hard on someone who's jersey number the seahawks have retired.

:stirthepot:

Then there's that.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Btw you can really blame our front office for Jerry wearing 80 while a Seahawk. I thought i recalled a article about it this last summer and I was right. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-details-of-decision-to-let-rice-wear-no-80/

“The Seahawks at the time had a President of the team [Bob Whitsitt] who had come from the NBA and didn’t really know a lot about football but knew a lot about professional sports and he called me saying that Jerry [Rice] wanted to wear number 80 but wanted to ask my permission,” Laregent said. “And so I mean Jerry Rice is asking to wear my number, I’m not going to say no and so I said, ‘Sure, that’s fine with me.’ What [Whitsitt] did was he called Jerry Rice and said, ‘Hey, Steve Largent wants you to wear his jersey when you get to Seattle.’ So Jerry said, ‘Well that’s fine, I’ll wear number 80, I thought it was retired but if Steve wants me to wear it, I’ll wear it.’

“So [Whitsitt] did a little double whammy on both Jerry and myself to ensure that Jerry Rice gets number 80 and [Whitsitt] can sell a bunch of number 80 jerseys or something but it was kind of a scam on both myself and Jerry Rice.”

So FU Bob Whitsitt!!!!

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
As a Niner fan it was upsetting seeing that. Still you can't fault the Seahawks for having turkey at the table. They were put in that position by no act of their own. It was NBC trying to dig up some low class storyline and that was evident when she asked the question and both players didn't bite on that.

RW is a class act. Sherman not as much. Still he does back up his talk with his onfield play. I'll give him that.

Big win Hawks fans. I seen this coming. The way they played against the Gints and Skins you just knew that O was in serious trouble.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
BayAreafbfan":1dceg1zo said:
As a Niner fan it was upsetting seeing that. Still you can't fault the Seahawks for having turkey at the table. They were put in that position by no act of their own. It was NBC trying to dig up some low class storyline and that was evident when she asked the question and both players didn't bite on that.

RW is a class act. Sherman not as much. Still he does back up his talk with his onfield play. I'll give him that.

Big win Hawks fans. I seen this coming. The way they played against the Gints and Skins you just knew that O was in serious trouble.

Just wanted to say its nice to see fans of other teams here that act as you do. :thirishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":19muwt0f said:
As far as I know it was the network or NFL that had it set up for whoever won the game.

Who cares what Rice thinks about it ?
Not me!
It was fitting that the feast was set up for the Seahawks, as they won the right to feast on the field of 9rs new digs.
Besides, 49rs were able to go to their homes locally, and have dinner (and lick their wounds)with their families present.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Jerry Rice...that's that dude who was on Dancing With the Stars I think, right? Didn't know he was into football.

Meeker

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1z7vpsqv said:
Btw you can really blame our front office for Jerry wearing 80 while a Seahawk. I thought i recalled a article about it this last summer and I was right.

So FU Bob Whitsitt!!!!

He was implying the Hawks could have asked them to move, just as Rice could have declined the offer to wear #80.

So still, FU Jerry.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ry03lxa7 said:
Don't know why you guys are being so hard on someone who's jersey number the seahawks have retired.

:stirthepot:

On that fact ALONE Jerry should STFU. Seriously Jerry, just STFU. Dance with the stars or something. I still can't believe our ownership allowed that S**T to happen. Did the franchise really need a gimmick like that to sell tickets? Really? IMO this remains the worst insult to the 12's. Apart of course from Behring.

This is shack material...

dunceface

Reaction score
Niner tears are delicious.

The GOAT niner tears are next level spectacular.

NINEster

Reaction score
Will always love Rice's contributions as a Niner, but he can be pretty annoying in his post NFL life.

He's taken shots at not only this recent team but also Niners he played with, and once gave a backhanded compliment/insult/whatever to Randy Moss saying he could have been the greatest of all time if he worked harder.

The dude is highly insecure it seems, as the guy still seems to have a lot to prove even after being heralded as the greatest receiver ever. Of all the positions in football, there is more unanimity in seeing Rice as the best of his position than any other player at their position (QB, RB, OL, TE, LB, CB, S). The guy was a 1000 yard receiver past the age of 40.....when you factor in what AJ Jenkins and Jon Baldwin have done in this league, it's ridiculous.

Don't like the fact that he wore Largent's jersey -- out of respect, he shouldn't have even if Largent himself asked him to. Maybe you excuse football players competitiveness for overlooking this respect aspect, but I'm not sure I can.

Rice gets credit for not being a trashtalker to opponents, but otherwise has been a s** talker to those that don't do things his way.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NINEster":mkt4js8n said:
Will always love Rice's contributions as a Niner, but he can be pretty annoying in his post NFL life.

He's taken shots at not only this recent team but also Niners he played with, and once gave a backhanded compliment/insult/whatever to Randy Moss saying he could have been the greatest of all time if he worked harder.

The dude is highly insecure it seems, as the guy still seems to have a lot to prove even after being heralded as the greatest receiver ever. Of all the positions in football, there is more unanimity in seeing Rice as the best of his position than any other player at their position (QB, RB, OL, TE, LB, CB, S). The guy was a 1000 yard receiver past the age of 40.....when you factor in what AJ Jenkins and Jon Baldwin have done in this league, it's ridiculous.

Don't like the fact that he wore Largent's jersey -- out of respect, he shouldn't have even if Largent himself asked him to. Maybe you excuse football players competitiveness for overlooking this respect aspect, but I'm not sure I can.

Rice gets credit for not being a trashtalker to opponents, but otherwise has been a s** talker to those that don't do things his way.
That's not a backhanded insult. It's true. If Randy Moss had the work ethic of a slow ass Jerry Rice, he would have, could have been the GOAT. Does anyone view him any much differently than a TO nowadays tho?

Jerry Rice will always be my favorite player of all time. The thing with the numbers, at the time, I was oblivious to it but it's hard for me to blame him for it. It was a lot of BS back and forth and he did what any great would do

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":13dii9ft said:
.............Of all the positions in football, there is more unanimity in seeing Rice as the best of his position than any other player at their position (QB, RB, OL, TE, LB, CB, S)............
While I agree it's nearly unanimous among fans and scholars of pro football that Rice is the GOAT at WR, as it should be, I think you're incorrect in saying at no other position is there a guy held in that regard, Nearly everyone still says Jim Brown was far and away the GOAT at RB. Very few people argue otherwise. And if you saw him play, you'd agree. In fact most lists of the greatest players in NFL history have Brown and Rice 1 and 2 in one order or the other.

Latest posts