Jeffery Chadiha on Brock and Danny

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":kk9mtur3 said:
SoulfishHawk":kk9mtur3 said:
He said that? Well, he's obviously a complete idiot.
Never watched him, yet called him a Game Manager?? I guess you can't fix stupid.

Russell Wilson is every bit as much of a "game manager" as Joe Montana was. ;)
What I don't get is that the position of quarterback is SUPPOSED to manage the game. And nobody did it better than Montana. So the term game manager is correct if you're talking about any good to elite quarterback.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I listened to the podcast on the way into work this morning. I'm kinda in with Kearly; from what I've read, Jeffery's a pretty good writer WHEN he does his homework on the subject. Unfortunately, he's one of those guys who feels he needs to have an opinion on everything and everyone, so when he HASN'T done his homework, he creates opinions out of duct tape and bubble gum so he can appear all-knowing. That's so stupid. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "i don't know" or "I'd have to watch the tape". This guy gets AP votes for MVP and All-Pro etc and his opinions more than likely influence OTHER people with AP votes and together their collective opinions help form a national narative on everything happening in the league, so I think guys like him have an obligation to put forth informed opinions and if they don't know.... SAY "I don't know".

But y'know what... Good on Brock for digging in and setting him straight on his stupid misinformed opinion. Jeffery strikes me as a guy who actually wants to have his opinion be respected and wants to be known as one of the best informed sports journalists out there (unlike somebody like Skip Bayless who just likes to make sports themed noises on the TV) so I bet he DOES go back and look at the tape and he will SEE that Russell Wilson CAN spend a game throwing from the pocket without getting a bunch of passes knocked down and Russell Wilson DOES put the team on his back and win games and that Russell Wilson SHOULD be in the discussion for MVP. That's how the national perspective on Russell Wilson is going to change; one writer at a time.

Chadiha even kind of alluded to the very real bias of guys voting for known comodities when he said Tom Brady has a chance at MVP if he plays well to close out the year. Tom Brady has played like COMPLETE dog shit this year. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MVP, yet here he is... Because of that I don't think Russell gets a sniff at MVP for 2013, but if he keeps up the pace he's been keeping up (which I have no doubt he will do) the national narative on him WILL shift away from this "short game manager who can't throw from the pocket" nonsense and Russell will likely win a few MVP's before his time here comes to an end.

And the national narative begins to change at the local level, so good on Brock for putting in the work and using his platform to affect these national guys' opinions. He's doing the Lord's work. It also doesn't hurt that PNW guys like Sando and Farrar actually ARE the national guys now, so you can be sure that they'll have informed opinions too. Cowherd and Clayton should start to look a little more closely in their own backyards as well now that the Hawks are truly a super bowl contender for the forseeable future.

Russell Wilson WILL be a MAJOR part of the national narative on the NFL for a long, long time. But it's early still... we need to be patient with the ignorant masses while their opinions are slowly (painfully slowly) changed to what we've already known for a while now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":2aanbvx3 said:
Chadiha even kind of alluded to the very real bias of guys voting for known comodities when he said Tom Brady has a chance at MVP if he plays well to close out the year. Tom Brady has played like COMPLETE dog shit this year.

No joke.

QB stats this year:

Player A: 2552 yards, 14 TDs, 7 INTs

Player B: 2681 yards, 21 TDs, 6 INTs

Player A is Tom Brady.

Player B is Tony Romo.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3asmy5du said:
CANHawk":3asmy5du said:
Chadiha even kind of alluded to the very real bias of guys voting for known comodities when he said Tom Brady has a chance at MVP if he plays well to close out the year. Tom Brady has played like COMPLETE dog shit this year.

No joke.

QB stats this year:

Player A: 2552 yards, 14 TDs, 7 INTs

Player B: 2681 yards, 21 TDs, 6 INTs

Player A is Tom Brady.

Player B is Tony Romo.

y'see!? Brady yould have to lay a turd made out of solid gold in every remaining game this year to even be considered average, yet we can't talk about Russell Wilson for MVP.... SMH

Hawks46

Reaction score
Fairly amusing and ironic.

Kaepernick and Wilson came into the league in almost exactly the same fashion: to teams that had dominant defenses, dominant running games, and behind QBs that were established starters, but not convincingly the franchise "guy".

The only real difference was that SF had just started establishing a winning culture, where we hadn't quite gotten there yet.

RGIII being more durable because he's taller is laughable and already proven wrong. When you say crap like that, it erodes your credibility. Griffin has missed games, Russell hasn't. Case closed.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkGA":3mpcfli4 said:
Oh yes, the ol' "start batting down the passes" strategy. Cuz, you know, once you decide to do it, it just happens. Fortunately for RW defenses are too stupid to have realized that's all they need to do. Hopefully they don't figure it out until after the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I actually busted out laughing when he said that. This is the exact quote.

"It sucks that he gets caught up in the height thing but....Making plays from the pocket, ya know, is he going to face teams that are gonna decide let's keep him in there, let's, you know, start batting down passes."

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1wzubvzp said:
Fairly amusing and ironic.

RGIII being more durable because he's taller is laughable and already proven wrong. When you say crap like that, it erodes your credibility. Griffin has missed games, Russell hasn't. Case closed.

Lol, no doubt. Russell is 5'10" and almost 210. RG3 is almost 6'3" and 220. Russell is stout. Stockey like a gorillia. RG3 is all lankey like a giraffe. I'll take the gorillia thank you...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ontqsm4 said:
The defense does a lot to keep the game within Wilson's reach, but Wilson is the one punching it in. This team falls apart without his mobility. And given the relative unknowns he's been throwing to all year, behind a checkerboard O-line against some pretty hardcore D-lines, I don't see how anyone can fail to give him the proper credit. Jeffrey Chalupa needs to watch some tape.
Hahahahaha! I saw what you did there.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drdiags":35mz7bi8 said:
I was going to point out that Chadilha picked Wilson as the QB to undergo a "Sophomore slump" back in the summer. Sounds like he still is trying to justify his position from earlier criticisms. That is why Brock brought him on back when he admitted not seeing much tape. I would just chalk it up to he is not going to change his view. Happens and folks have reason to dig in. Admitting you are wrong about something is not acceptable in modern debate.

He is getting paid for his work/opinion, so good for him.

On this forum, I think Chadiha goes by the name 'Cboom' :mrgreen:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Don't know him, don't wanna know how, don't care what he says.

He makes a living cause people read and listen to him. If we all would stop he would be homeless as he deserves to be.

StoneCold

Reaction score
tdigitee":qvxa78hd said:
Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 151.4
QBR: 98.5
Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, for the second consecutive week, Wilson threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

from http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ack-report

Great to have Harvin on the field, but the real reason he threw from the pocket so much was the return of Okung and Giacomini. Like Chadiha's comments about Russell, it's as if these "Pundits" don't actually watch the games. They need to take lessons from John Clayton the Professor. :)

SC

HawkFan72

Reaction score
StoneCold":1c8655v7 said:
tdigitee":1c8655v7 said:
Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 151.4
QBR: 98.5
Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, for the second consecutive week, Wilson threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

from http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ack-report

Great to have Harvin on the field, but the real reason he threw from the pocket so much was the return of Okung and Giacomini. Like Chadiha's comments about Russell, it's as if these "Pundits" don't actually watch the games. They need to take lessons from John Clayton the Professor. :)

SC

And yet every opposing fan and ignorant idiots like Chadiha will continue to say "just force Russell Wilson to stay in the pocket and he'll fall apart." :roll:

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah, with 3/5 of the line missing (and 4/5 of the positions manned by people who do not start at those positions), "stand in the pocket" translates as "stand at the location where the pocket *would be* if you had a healthy line and get blindsided by a DE." And yes I have to admit, during those games Russell has been terribly ineffective in situations where he's buried by 3 defensive players, or where he is being cut in half by a blitzing LB. SMH, Russell.

I can see how, if you're pretty unfair-minded and if you don't watch all the Seattle games and understand the true impact of the crappy OL, you might watch a game and think that RW bails quickly out of the pocket and doesn't throw from there much.

Fine with me. For those who remember last year and those who've watched the last 2 games, we can just watch and enjoy. As effective as Russ has (amazingly) been while having to duck and dodge, he's straight deadly when he has time to set up and scan the field.

Latest posts