Jeff Saturday on Contract Disputes

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I'd also make a rule change where's there's different yardage penalties for pass interference. Major or intentional pass interference would be a spot foul or 15 yards, whichever is greater. Minor or incidental pass interference would only be a 10 yard penalty, no spot foul.

But the NFL probably won't do this because it gives the refs even more subjective judgment penalty calls to make, and the refs already aren't consistent enough with subjective penalties like holding calls, etc.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1p36hfmt said:
DavidSeven":1p36hfmt said:
Hm. I don't know. I don't think you can lump QBs with other players. There is already a sort of league-wide resentment of how much those guys make above everyone else. QBs are also the de facto leaders of the team.

There are certain players in Seattle who probably left a little money on the table in order to get their deals done quickly. They likely won't begrudge other guys who are more aggressive, but to see that from the QB who is already in line to make $20M+? I don't know. I don't think that's the same thing. It also probably depends on how well Russell is regarded in the locker-room. Peyton Manning in his prime could demand anything and his teammates wouldn't care since they were riding his coattails. Does Russell have that same stature in the Seahawks locker-room? Who knows.

Especially on a team like Seattle, that has such a fantastic defense and running game. A team that has so many key performers outside of RW. Guys like Earl, Sherm, Beast...guys who are the best at their position. You have to wonder if some of the guys quietly (or not so quietly) are thinking the same thing.

I don't think it would tangibly affect the teams play, but one never knows. Sometimes locker room chemistry is overrated, but I do think it plays a role at least.
Ya Lynch is a great example to use...so if he is "disappointed" in Wilson then he's a giant hypocrite

Also lets stop pretending Sherm took a pay cut nor did Earl. Name 1 profile that took less.

Latest posts